The Cocks get notice....

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: The Cocks get notice....

Post by tmcats » February 16th, 2020, 2:11 pm

According to a report by Sports Illustrated, the NCAA Enforcement staff “included no language in its NOA alleging that Dozier accepted money from Evans or Dawkins, which shields USC from forfeiting wins in 2017’s Final Four run.

https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/02/13/ ... from-ncaa/
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 16th, 2020, 3:59 pm

wazucat wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 2:07 pm
Martin helped Kansas State University far more than he hurt it in his time in Manhattan.

I have lived far way from Kansas my entire life since graduating. In all that time when ever anyone comments about my KSU gear or K-State sports Snyder is the only subject of inquiry as it should be, EXCEPT Frank Martin, many many times complete strangers would mention Frank and how much they loved watching K-State's junkyard dogs play. Up close you locals I'm sure get a different picture but on the National level Frank was a big plus.
Like I said, many k-staters will sell their soul for publicity.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 16th, 2020, 4:28 pm

wazucat wrote:
Martin helped Kansas State University far more than he hurt it in his time in Manhattan.

I have lived far way from Kansas my entire life since graduating. In all that time when ever anyone comments about my KSU gear or K-State sports Snyder is the only subject of inquiry as it should be, EXCEPT Frank Martin, many many times complete strangers would mention Frank and how much they loved watching K-State's junkyard dogs play. Up close you locals I'm sure get a different picture but on the National level Frank was a big plus.
Fake media....fake news.....

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 16th, 2020, 5:43 pm

learnin wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 4:28 pm
wazucat wrote:

Actually, he is correct. Frank gave our program a huge shot in the arm nationally whether you like it or not. Admitting that, doesn't mean you agreed with his style or are "selling your soul". Some of you guys just kill me. Be an adult and learn how to seperates truths from your emotions.

I hope Frank gets caught if he's cheating, but denying that he and his teams didn't bring serious positive media attention to Manhattan is just flat wrong.
Last edited by wild@nite on February 16th, 2020, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » February 16th, 2020, 6:09 pm

The only thing that surprises me is the extremes a few posters here go in their opinions of coaches simply because they don't or do like them personally.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

wazucat

Post by wazucat » February 16th, 2020, 8:03 pm

learnin wrote:
wazucat wrote:

I would expect such a response from hypeman but not from a moderator, your disdain for Frank speaks volumes .

mustang

Post by mustang » February 16th, 2020, 8:27 pm

I don’t get the dislike for Martin, he had really good teams, looking at his numbers few have won a better percentage of games.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » February 17th, 2020, 12:12 am

He was and still is, at best a circus clown. I never liked the 'face' he put on our program or the way he treated the players. What comes around goes around and he is being exposed for the cheat that he is.
Win the dang day!

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 17th, 2020, 12:48 am

Zoltar wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:12 am
He was and still is, at best a circus clown. I never liked the 'face' he put on our program or the way he treated the players. What comes around goes around and he is being exposed for the cheat that he is.
And as far as I can tell, nobody (at least KSU fans) is arguing that, but denying that his time here didn't get KSU some big-time national attention is pure BS. Currie obviously knew more than us and that's good.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 17th, 2020, 1:45 am

wazucat wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 8:03 pm
learnin wrote:

I would expect such a response from hypeman but not from a moderator, your disdain for Frank speaks volumes .
My view on Frank is derived from reality. Frank was a good defensive coach who gained more success than he would have if not for players who were paid. When he got his first Div. I coaching gig, he was abusive to players and, after many warnings, he seems to have mellowed. I'm happy for Frank. The media loved that side of Frank. The media adored his sideline antics because that was marketable. Now that Frank isn't winning and isn't going berserk on the sideline, the media attention has lessened. I'm very glad that Currie and Frank butted heads because K-State would now be facing level one violations instead of South Carolina.

If my view is unbecoming of a Moderator, I'll gladly resign from the post.