This year is inexcusable

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

This year is inexcusable

Post by gdgjr78 » February 11th, 2020, 11:15 pm

I'm not calling for Weber to be fired but there is no excuse valid to explain this dumpster fire. There needs to be serious improvement next year and another quality class. This up and down rollercoaster has to stop.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » February 11th, 2020, 11:17 pm

Yeah first time in a long time I have actually scheduled a business trip during Big 12 tourney week in KC - just no excitement this year :(

KSUdad2of3

Post by KSUdad2of3 » February 11th, 2020, 11:24 pm

No reason to believe next year will be any better.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » February 12th, 2020, 12:05 am

This team shouldn’t be this bad. It’s easy to say we don’t have the talent... but there is enough talent on this team to be better than we are. We have players that are regressing. Nobody is living up to expectations on this team... I can’t think of 1 player that is playing up to where I expected them, preseason.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » February 12th, 2020, 12:50 am

I certainly don't think it's time to pile on right now but yea things aren't pretty in Mudville. But on the other hand I'm not sure how basketball people couldn't see this coming. X and Cartier were role players on a good team last year. There were leaders on last years team and there were players who made all those playing with them look a lot better and they're pros now. It's a totally different animal now when you have no experience being the creator of offense. You just never know how that's going to turn out...... until you try it. And now we know.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » February 12th, 2020, 7:30 am

Have we quit? Our defense isn’t even good now.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 12th, 2020, 8:00 am

bigpurpleman wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 7:30 am
Have we quit? Our defense isn’t even good now.
feels a lot, based on this thread, like a bunch of fans have quit.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » February 12th, 2020, 9:01 am

Our defense is the only thing that has kept us in games. It's been respectable a lot of the time. It also shows the Cats are putting in good effort.. but that doesn't translate to good or even average offense. In past years, I would place a lot of the blame at Webers feet for having an offense that doesn't fit the players he has. But I don't think that's the issue this year. Besides the turnover prone and offense stalling Diarra, these guys just aren't natural scorers.

Only plus side is that next year we have incoming guards that are natural scorers. It still may not show up in win column next year, but as long as 2021 is a solid recruiting class, it'll start showing up after that. Too many recruiting whifs are the reason this team is so bad right now.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 12th, 2020, 9:21 am

Got home in time to watch my first 12 minutes this year. Exactly what you guys have been describing. Puzzling.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » February 12th, 2020, 9:57 am

Puffdad wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 12:50 am
I certainly don't think it's time to pile on right now but yea things aren't pretty in Mudville. But on the other hand I'm not sure how basketball people couldn't see this coming. X and Cartier were role players on a good team last year. There were leaders on last years team and there were players who made all those playing with them look a lot better and they're pros now. It's a totally different animal now when you have no experience being the creator of offense. You just never know how that's going to turn out...... until you try it. And now we know.

Well puff, I saw a step back coming, but I did not see this big of a drop. I thought we could still find a way to be at least an NIT team this year with 5 guys back that had played a lot on good teams and a few promising newcomers. I did not expect a repeat title, but I sure didn't think we would be this bad.

But as others have said, none of these guys have improved at all. But I guess they just are what they are.