May be the worst team in over 70 years.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Re: May be the worst team in over 70 years.

Post by bhoovy » February 22nd, 2020, 5:21 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 4:31 pm
I still wear purple proudly and always will, but I like honesty. We suck!
100% to both.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 22nd, 2020, 5:58 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 5:20 pm
wild@nite wrote:
Time for a head coach change. But the incoming class is worth 1 more try. I am afraid that these players would bail if we get a new coach.

The stink ending last year after having high post season expectations makes this year feel worse.
No hope, no improvement, and no fun.
Last year’s post season flop was more or less due to Wade bailing on the tourney. I don’t think the realistic expectations were all that high without him. This year’s squad on the other hand, is like a punch in the gut. They make you want to puke.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » February 22nd, 2020, 6:03 pm

Hypeman wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 5:58 pm
SCKSCat wrote:

Time for a head coach change. But the incoming class is worth 1 more try. I am afraid that these players would bail if we get a new coach.

The stink ending last year after having high post season expectations makes this year feel worse.
Last year’s post season flop was more or less due to Wade bailing on the tourney. I don’t think the realistic expectations were all that high without him. This year’s squad on the other hand, is like a punch in the gut. They make you want to puke.
They have not improved at all, in fact regression has occurred virtually across the board. It's damn frustrating to watch for sure.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » February 22nd, 2020, 6:07 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
wild@nite wrote:

Bruce has earned the opportunity to see this through however frustrating it is. At least 2 more years.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » February 22nd, 2020, 6:13 pm

This team is hot garbage. Period. It is not as bad as Wooly’s or Asbury’s worst teams, but we are trending down. Next year needs to get us back to at least the middle of the pack.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » February 22nd, 2020, 6:18 pm

Biggest problem is shooting. Second biggest problem is shooting. Third biggest problem is shooting. I couldn't watch it all but in what I saw I think we were about 1 for 8 on shots from within one foot of the basket. And that's not counting the ones that were blocked. Freshmen need to get stronger. They will.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » February 22nd, 2020, 6:23 pm

Highway26north wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 6:18 pm
Biggest problem is shooting. Second biggest problem is shooting. Third biggest problem is shooting. I couldn't watch it all but in what I saw I think we were about 1 for 8 on shots from within one foot of the basket. And that's not counting the ones that were blocked. Freshmen need to get stronger. They will.
This team can't hit a jump shot, the reason we had so many shots blocked is because we consistently drove to the rim and attempted highly contested layups or they were blocked. This team can't shoot and Weber knows it, I hope to hell some of the incoming freshman can shoot because it's going to be a big problem next year too.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

learnin

Post by learnin » February 22nd, 2020, 7:53 pm

Highway26north wrote:
And don't forget, the fourth problem is they can't shoot...….even free throws.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 22nd, 2020, 7:55 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 6:23 pm
Highway26north wrote:
This team can't hit a jump shot, the reason we had so many shots blocked is because we consistently drove to the rim and attempted highly contested layups or they were blocked. This team can't shoot and Weber knows it, I hope to hell some of the incoming freshman can shoot because it's going to be a big problem next year too.
You're right. They can't hit a floater or a short jumper...hell, they can't even hit a 15 foot wide open free throw, so they have to go all the way to the rim. On the other side, Texas was hitting fade away jumpers, off balanced floaters. I've never seen a bunch of guys that have taken a million shots their whole life and can't drop in a floater off the back board or hit a 15 footer.

mustang

Post by mustang » February 22nd, 2020, 9:34 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 6:07 pm
SCKSCat wrote:

Bruce has earned the opportunity to see this through however frustrating it is. At least 2 more years.
That is almost unheard of in a big time conference. He is likely going to be below .500 in Big 12 games at the end of this season, his eighth. I'd guess that next season would be NCAA Tourney or else season.