OSU Game Preview and Thread

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
Puffdad
Moderator
Posts: 4988
Joined: May 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: OSU Game Preview and Thread

Post by Puffdad » February 15th, 2020, 1:27 am

Learnin, but gdjr says he’ll take Vill over Baylor in a 10 game series. A 10 game series? Lol 😂 😆 😝 But he doesn’t think the NCAA tournament is a crapshoot??? But he wants a 10 game series.... :rofl: :rofl:

tmcats
Posts: 9559
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 15th, 2020, 10:21 am

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 7:05 pm
I'll take Gon, Lou, Duke, Fl St, Mary, Aub, Kent, and Vill just for starters. Yeah I know Baylor beat Vill but I'd take Vill in a 10 game series. I'll make sure and share my bracket with you too when the brackets come out. I'd love to see yours 🤣😂🤣
"10 game series," what the hell?

otherwise, that's fair. we'll see how yours do v. mine albeit the idea was for you to lay your two (not eight) against mine, ku and baylor. but whatever, we'll change the rules and see how it turns in march.

unfortunately, i'll be away and may not be able to hound your ass at the time. 8-)
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

User avatar
gdgjr78
Posts: 5596
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Location: Ta Town
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Post by gdgjr78 » February 15th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Puffdad wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 1:27 am
Learnin, but gdjr says he’ll take Vill over Baylor in a 10 game series. A 10 game series? Lol 😂 😆 😝 But he doesn’t think the NCAA tournament is a crapshoot??? But he wants a 10 game series.... :rofl: :rofl:
Vill is ranked what 12th? I'm illustrating the fact that both Baylor and ku are overrated. Doesnt take a genius to ascertain that. I know I'm up against the 3 sons of Weber who believe stating the big 12 is BAD this year makes this KSU season look even worse but cmon fellas. I've seen no
prognostications from the Triumvirate. How far are KU and Baylor going to go come March???
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

User avatar
gdgjr78
Posts: 5596
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Location: Ta Town
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Post by gdgjr78 » February 15th, 2020, 12:46 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 10:21 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 7:05 pm
I'll take Gon, Lou, Duke, Fl St, Mary, Aub, Kent, and Vill just for starters. Yeah I know Baylor beat Vill but I'd take Vill in a 10 game series. I'll make sure and share my bracket with you too when the brackets come out. I'd love to see yours 🤣😂🤣
"10 game series," what the hell?

otherwise, that's fair. we'll see how yours do v. mine albeit the idea was for you to lay your two (not eight) against mine, ku and baylor. but whatever, we'll change the rules and see how it turns in march.

unfortunately, i'll be away and may not be able to hound your ass at the time. 8-)
Fine 3 game series, what I'm saying is Vill is better than Baylor and if they play again my money is on Vill.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Gorhoops
Posts: 833
Joined: February 6th, 2016, 8:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Post by Gorhoops » February 15th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Well, I personally have no clue how any of these teams will do come tourney time. This tournament seems incredibly wide open with no great teams and it could be a year where there are a number of teams that could win it, just a matter of getting hot at the right time. Honestly I think the best team I have seen so far has been Gonzaga. I have not watched SDSU but I have heard really good things and need to tune in and check them out. Baylor is really good, they could easily make a Final 4 and beyond. I really like Villanova, not just this year but they are probably my favorite team in college hoops outside of KSU, but I have no idea if they are better than Baylor or not. KU is really good on the defensive end. They have most of the ingredients to be an outstanding defensive team with the size inside to alter shots, a lockdown perimeter guy in Garrett, and really quick athletes at the other positions. I would be concerned about perimeter shooting if I was a KU fan. Maryland is another team that has some ingredients to be a title contender with a senior PG and a good big guy.

Just a weird year on college hoops. I haven't watched many teams that look all that great to me. Good make for a great tourney, or a boring one, hard to say. I for one will be happy if we get a Final 4 with no blue bloods. I know the ESPN's of the world will just destroy that, but i would be happy.

Puffdad
Moderator
Posts: 4988
Joined: May 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Post by Puffdad » February 15th, 2020, 1:07 pm

How about a one game series in the tournament? I guess I’ve never seen the series thing in the NCAA!!! If Baylor wins we can chalk it up to a fluke. If Vill wins its because we all knew they were better. 😂

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 12569
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Post by learnin » February 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Puffdad wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 1:27 am
Learnin, but gdjr says he’ll take Vill over Baylor in a 10 game series. A 10 game series? Lol 😂 😆 😝 But he doesn’t think the NCAA tournament is a crapshoot??? But he wants a 10 game series.... :rofl: :rofl:
Bingo!

tmcats
Posts: 9559
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 15th, 2020, 1:58 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 12:46 pm
tmcats wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 10:21 am


"10 game series," what the hell?

otherwise, that's fair. we'll see how yours do v. mine albeit the idea was for you to lay your two (not eight) against mine, ku and baylor. but whatever, we'll change the rules and see how it turns in march.

unfortunately, i'll be away and may not be able to hound your ass at the time. 8-)
Fine 3 game series, what I'm saying is Vill is better than Baylor and if they play again my money is on Vill.
reality of this dance, '78, is but one partner for each one night stand and no threesomes sans your dreams.
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 12569
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Post by learnin » February 15th, 2020, 2:28 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Puffdad wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 1:27 am
Learnin, but gdjr says he’ll take Vill over Baylor in a 10 game series. A 10 game series? Lol 😂 😆 😝 But he doesn’t think the NCAA tournament is a crapshoot??? But he wants a 10 game series.... :rofl: :rofl:
Vill is ranked what 12th? I'm illustrating the fact that both Baylor and ku are overrated. Doesnt take a genius to ascertain that. I know I'm up against the 3 sons of Weber who believe stating the big 12 is BAD this year makes this KSU season look even worse but cmon fellas. I've seen no
prognostications from the Triumvirate. How far are KU and Baylor going to go come March???
The big 12 is not good this year. It's very easy for this Son of Weber to admit reality. But, here's some more reality. Baylor and KU are two of the top teams in America. I'm very concerned that KU might win the whole thing and I'll give my reasons. They say when a baseball team is solid up the middle, that team should be good. Pitcher, catcher, second baseman and center fielder. KU is solid up the middle. They have, arguably, the best point guard and the best big man in the country. That is going to make them pretty good if...…….if they have a solid defense. Guess what? This is KU's best defensive team in years. This means they are very good. Even Self is talking about a possible championship team. I have to agree. This does not mean they won't get bounced in the first game. Didn't KU take Duke to the wire on Duke's home floor this year?

Weber or not, I would be here arguing that winning a conference championship is harder than winning two games in the Dance. Even this year, with the Big XII down, that still holds true.

User avatar
gdgjr78
Posts: 5596
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Location: Ta Town
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Post by gdgjr78 » February 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Puffdad wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 1:07 pm
How about a one game series in the tournament? I guess I’ve never seen the series thing in the NCAA!!! If Baylor wins we can chalk it up to a fluke. If Vill wins its because we all knew they were better. 😂
The only thing I see is three loud mouths too scared to make a prediction 😂🤣😂. I'm not wasting my time with any of you until you get the guts to make a prediction. It's easy to ridicule someone else's prediction when you dont have the balls to make your own. Ya'll look scared 😂
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Post Reply