James Love

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
AJcat7755
Posts: 3652
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 221 times

Pick 'Em

James Love

Post by AJcat7755 » February 6th, 2020, 4:04 pm

No surprise here.


ToledoCat#2
Posts: 3867
Joined: December 2nd, 2017, 9:53 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 211 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 6th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Too bad. The kid has had nothing but bad luck since he arrived seemingly a decade ago.

Best of luck to him.

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 11984
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 628 times
Been liked: 354 times

Post by learnin » February 6th, 2020, 5:04 pm

As with so many things in our lives, we don't have control. I'm sorry for the young man, but I believe he will do well with his life.

epicsnyder
Posts: 824
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 10:55 am
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 137 times

Post by epicsnyder » February 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm

No team in the nation has anywhere near the numbers of games lost due to foot injuries that ours. I have said on here many times before, but someone needs to dig deep into this FACT and find out just WHY that is the case. If my kid was being recruited to play in Manhattan, it would be one of my top few questions to ask the coaching staff.

User avatar
stlcatfan
Posts: 1891
Joined: September 9th, 2017, 7:45 am
Has liked: 762 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by stlcatfan » February 6th, 2020, 5:48 pm

I wish nothing but the best for this young man. I hope he is able to get his degree so that if he doesn't play any more basketball, he has a college degree to fall back on.

tmcats
Posts: 6807
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 912 times
Been liked: 650 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 6th, 2020, 6:14 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm
No team in the nation has anywhere near the numbers of games lost due to foot injuries that ours. I have said on here many times before, but someone needs to dig deep into this FACT and find out just WHY that is the case. If my kid was being recruited to play in Manhattan, it would be one of my top few questions to ask the coaching staff.
missouri lost a 5* porter kid last year and 4* tillmon this year to foot injuries.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

Puffdad
Moderator
Posts: 4068
Joined: May 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 402 times

Post by Puffdad » February 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm
No team in the nation has anywhere near the numbers of games lost due to foot injuries that ours. I have said on here many times before, but someone needs to dig deep into this FACT and find out just WHY that is the case. If my kid was being recruited to play in Manhattan, it would be one of my top few questions to ask the coaching staff.
There’s something in the water for sure. I have my suspicions as I’ve stated several times. This is what I know for sure. The same guy who had two broken metatarsals in both feet, a completely torn plantar fasciitis, and numerous other foot injuries in Manhattan hasn’t had a twinge in many more minutes than he ever had at K-State. And that’s in summer league, 20 some NBA tryouts, G league, and the NBA. Go figure.
These users liked Puffdad for the post (total 2):
randallcat85 (February 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm) • epicsnyder (February 6th, 2020, 10:23 pm)

ToledoCat#2
Posts: 3867
Joined: December 2nd, 2017, 9:53 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 211 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » February 6th, 2020, 9:18 pm

No way of knowing, but I think the rash of foot injuries to key players amounts to nuthin' more than bad luck. I doubt there is anyone to blame.

epicsnyder
Posts: 824
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 10:55 am
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 137 times

Post by epicsnyder » February 6th, 2020, 9:50 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:14 pm
epicsnyder wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 5:45 pm
No team in the nation has anywhere near the numbers of games lost due to foot injuries that ours. I have said on here many times before, but someone needs to dig deep into this FACT and find out just WHY that is the case. If my kid was being recruited to play in Manhattan, it would be one of my top few questions to ask the coaching staff.
missouri lost a 5* porter kid last year and 4* tillmon this year to foot injuries.
Um.....no. Porter was multiple knee injuries. But thanks for playing.

epicsnyder
Posts: 824
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 10:55 am
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 137 times

Post by epicsnyder » February 6th, 2020, 9:52 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:18 pm
No way of knowing, but I think the rash of foot injuries to key players amounts to nuthin' more than bad luck. I doubt there is anyone to blame.
You're surely joking. An occasional injury? Yes, I'd agree with you. But we have them over and over and over, Year after year after year. It's much more than "bad luck".

Post Reply