WVU Game Thread and Notes

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Hypeman

Re: WVU Game Thread and Notes

Post by Hypeman » February 2nd, 2020, 2:32 pm

All of you that claim to be “shooters” probably can’t play a lick. I love hearing “I couldn’t do anything but I’m a ‘shooter’”. Gimme a break. Those are guys that didn’t play serious ball, and sorry but those are typically the guys that can’t follow the unwritten rules and are x-xxxx.

Part of the reason we don’t shoot well is we don’t have the inside threat and drive and dish threats to create and make good passes. 50% of the shot is a good timely pass that hits a teammate in the shooting pocket. The alternative is crisp ball movement and timing. I rarely see young teams that do the 2nd.

Finally, nobody shoots well against WV. It’s probably the worn state of mind guys are in since they are taking a beating and the refs swallow their whistles. When you do get a look, you’re not even ready for it because normally you are just bracing for impact.

WVU sucks and big 12 sucks for bringing them in. That’s the replacement for Missouri, Colorado,
A&M, or Nebraska. How sucky.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » February 2nd, 2020, 3:18 pm

Hypeman wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:32 pm
All of you that claim to be “shooters” probably can’t play a lick. I love hearing “I couldn’t do anything but I’m a ‘shooter’”. Gimme a break. Those are guys that didn’t play serious ball, and sorry but those are typically the guys that can’t follow the unwritten rules and are x-xxxx.

Part of the reason we don’t shoot well is we don’t have the inside threat and drive and dish threats to create and make good passes. 50% of the shot is a good timely pass that hits a teammate in the shooting pocket. The alternative is crisp ball movement and timing. I rarely see young teams that do the 2nd.

Finally, nobody shoots well against WV. It’s probably the worn state of mind guys are in since they are taking a beating and the refs swallow their whistles. When you do get a look, you’re not even ready for it because normally you are just bracing for impact.

WVU sucks and big 12 sucks for bringing them in. That’s the replacement for Missouri, Colorado,
You have no clue what you are talking about. You probably played hs ball at some 1A school and think you're a real baller 😂
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 2nd, 2020, 4:55 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 3:18 pm
Hypeman wrote:

You have no clue what you are talking about. You probably played hs ball at some 1A school and think you're a real baller 😂
As you stand in the corner and hope one of the real ballers gets you open because you are a “shooter”.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 2nd, 2020, 5:59 pm

learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 9:51 pm
I don’t know if there’s much of a difference between the Spalding and Nike. I do know if one is somewhat lighter, or heavier, that would make a difference in shooting.
Balls all fit the same criteria, with some leeway. Rule 1, Section 16, 10 articles covering the ball. Home team provides the game ball and it is recommended that they provide the visiting team with warm-up balls the same type as the game ball. I suspect that the NCAA has bid out the rights to the ball that will be used in the tournaments. Most teams purchase this type ball for their regular season games although Nike may not let you use a Spalding ball is you're a Nike school.

If Sloan said this as quoted, it sounds lame to me. Assuming that is correct you would assume that we use different balls than they do. I also don't recall WVU crying about different balls when we kicked their ass in Bramlage.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 2nd, 2020, 6:03 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 1:19 am
I don't hear anybody else talking about it. I get so tired of excuses. It's absolutely a weakness.

I can tell you this. I was a shooter. That's it. Average athleticism, but give me a girls ball, I can adjust in 5 shots, still to this day.

Shooters are shooters. Excuses are excuses.
I was a great shooter too wild. A make not so much. :D :D

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » February 2nd, 2020, 6:06 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
Hypeman wrote:

You DO realize one of the greatest players to ever don the purple played for 1A St John? Right?!?
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 2nd, 2020, 6:18 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 5:59 pm
learnin wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 9:51 pm
I don’t know if there’s much of a difference between the Spalding and Nike. I do know if one is somewhat lighter, or heavier, that would make a difference in shooting.
Balls all fit the same criteria, with some leeway. Rule 1, Section 16, 10 articles covering the ball. Home team provides the game ball and it is recommended that they provide the visiting team with warm-up balls the same type as the game ball. I suspect that the NCAA has bid out the rights to the ball that will be used in the tournaments. Most teams purchase this type ball for their regular season games although Nike may not let you use a Spalding ball is you're a Nike school.

If Sloan said this as quoted, it sounds lame to me. Assuming that is correct you would assume that we use different balls than they do. I also don't recall WVU crying about different balls when we kicked their ass in Bramlage.

He wasn't really crying about it. He was asked a question about shooting woes and he gave an answer possibly as legitimate as any.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 2nd, 2020, 6:21 pm

learnin wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 6:18 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 5:59 pm

He wasn't really crying about it. He was asked a question about shooting woes and he gave an answer possibly as legitimate as any.
In all seriousness, if the schools don't provide these kids with training on how to answer media questions, they should just keep them in the locker room.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » February 2nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 6:06 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:

You DO realize one of the greatest players to ever don the purple played for 1A St John? Right?!?
Actually 2A his junior and senior year but close enough Epic.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 2nd, 2020, 8:20 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 6:21 pm
learnin wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 6:18 pm

In all seriousness, if the schools don't provide these kids with training on how to answer media questions, they should just keep them in the locker room.
So, what is the correct way to answer that question? Here’s an article that discusses the stupid NCAA not having a uniform ball policy.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-di ... story.html