More unwritten rules

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
hilltopwildcat

Re: More unwritten rules

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 4th, 2020, 9:11 am

Game last night. 2 kids competing for a loose ball on the floor. Probably should have had a double foul as hard as they were going at it but it was in front of my partner and I didn't see anything excessive. They bounced up and got in each other's grill. Partner tried to separate them. I just blew the whistle and t'd them up. Nice thing here, nobody came of the bench and escalated it. 1 of the kids involved will be a lawyer.....guaranteed.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 4th, 2020, 5:26 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 7:52 am
my anecdotal evidence > your anecdotal evidence

:roll:
Not sure how you figure that one? I identify multiple instances in the last week and you find 2 in the previous 50 years. :roll: :roll:

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » February 4th, 2020, 6:16 pm

LoL....I didn't find any. I won't find any. I was making fun of anecdotal evidence.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 4th, 2020, 11:44 pm

Doesn't hockey have the rule that the 2 guys fighting just fight till it's over then go to the penalty box? Then anyone on the ice gets fined and suspended? If you come off the bench, it's your ass? I could go for something like that. It's easier for officials and coaches to control. You'll never eliminate fights but you could stop brawls if those who come off the bench are hammered.

BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy » February 7th, 2020, 1:36 pm

learnin wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:43 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 11:19 am

Worked a girl's game Saturday, bigger schools but not the biggest in MO. We called at least 50 fouls (that's a foul and a half a minute). I was shown a comment in the paper from losing team's hometown. Officiating was inconsistent and had the players frustrated. Maybe back off, quit trying to play football and grabbing shirts when you're getting picked?
Good for you, hilltop. I wish you would have officiated the WV game. There was so much grabbing of players to keep them from getting open that it might as well have been football.
When my wife can notice those things, then you know the ref has to be able to see it, just choosing to ignore it.