Interesting comment by Weber on Kaosi in press conference

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
hilltopwildcat

Re: Interesting comment by Weber on Kaosi in press conference

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 30th, 2020, 2:39 pm

I'm on both you guys side. I don't know that it would be all one or the other overall. Each individual provides his own challenge. It would think it would be much easier to work with a Dean than a Mak. In Mak's defense, didn't he just pick up basketball a few years ago. For Dean, he probably started playing sports as soon as he could walk.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 30th, 2020, 2:44 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 1:56 pm
tmcats wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 1:45 pm

dok could be b12 poy and an all-american.
As I thought. Zero knowledge of either.
are you saying dok won't be in running for poy and all-american? now, if you agree with me he will, you're admitting i have more than "zero-knowledge." also, coaches are judged on their performance not words, one way or the other, by people like you or me. thus, if dok is an all-american, you're wrong about manning because dok may be the best ku big since self has been at ku including the manning assistant years. it's really about the jimmies and joes, isn't it. :D
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 30th, 2020, 3:33 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 2:44 pm
wild@nite wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 1:56 pm

As I thought. Zero knowledge of either.
are you saying dok won't be in running for poy and all-american? now, if you agree with me he will, you're admitting i have more than "zero-knowledge." also, coaches are judged on their performance not words, one way or the other, by people like you or me. thus, if dok is an all-american, you're wrong about manning because dok may be the best ku big since self has been at ku including the manning assistant years. it's really about the jimmies and joes, isn't it. :D
Reading continues to be a challenge for you tm. Sorry if that sounds rude, but dude, you have an issue with avoiding and trying to twist somebody's words.

Doke is absolutely a good player. All American? Probably. I never said he wasn't. Watch him play though. He is dominant because of his size and length, not his skill development. Manning developed fundamentals "skill". Off the top of my head, the Morris twins. They got better and added to their game every year. Sorry, dunking and blocking shots because of size is not coaching. What has Dok added to his arsenal besides improved FT shooting? That isn't because he is a "Jimmy or Joe" either. That is work. That is his main development and that isn't a post coach doing that.

Please go back and READ what I asked about your knowledge on. Specifically what you know about coaching posts and what you know about Danny Manning's coaching abilities? I really don't care what you know about Dokes AA candidacy. Did I ask that?

If you post one more response without addressing that question and try to twist the topic again, I'm done. I'm not playing "Twister" with you again.
Last edited by wild@nite on January 30th, 2020, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 30th, 2020, 3:41 pm

so, you neither agree nor disagree that dok is a b12 poy and all-american candidate. but you do believe your coaching observations and acumen are more indicative of coaching success in developing bigs than their actual performance, in this case dok being the best big in the self era. thank you for keeping us all educated on such things.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 30th, 2020, 4:02 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 3:41 pm
so, you neither agree nor disagree that dok is a b12 poy and all-american candidate. but you do believe your coaching observations and acumen are more indicative of coaching success in developing bigs than their actual performance, in this case dok being the best big in the self era. thank you for keeping us all educated on such things.
You're impossible. You've yet to address what you know, specifically about Danny Manning. Why? Because you don't know squat. You just want to oppose me. That's what you do and why you ignore that I said he is probably an All American. I also don't think it's a slam dunk that Dok is the best either. Marcus Morris and Cole Aldrich are in the conversation because of Dok's lack of offensive arsenal.

Block you go. Play twister with someone else. I'm not interested in your shenanigans.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 30th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Is it safe to assume you're not counting Wayne Simien and Thomas Robinson as "bigs"?

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » January 30th, 2020, 4:43 pm

You're wasting your time. There are a few posters on here that will spin and defend anything and everything that is a perceived slight on this program because they are obsessed with projecting Weber as a man responsible for zero shortcomings. It's best to just move on for your own sanity.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 30th, 2020, 5:09 pm

On a side note... De Sousa is progressing nicely under KU's current tutelage. :rofl:

Another observation. Olivier Sarr is a developing big with WF. His team sucks, but his stats are every but as good as Dok's and he is getting better. More proof that Manning develops his post players. By the way.... 3 star recruit. Hmm....
Last edited by wild@nite on January 30th, 2020, 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 30th, 2020, 5:14 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 4:02 pm
tmcats wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 3:41 pm
You're impossible. You've yet to address what you know, specifically about Danny Manning. Why? Because you don't know squat. You just want to oppose me. That's what you do and why you ignore that I said he is probably an All American. I also don't think it's a slam dunk that Dok is the best either. Marcus Morris and Cole Aldrich are in the conversation because of Dok's lack of offensive arsenal.

Block you go. Play twister with someone else. I'm not interested in your shenanigans.
since you choose not to argue the facts, your touche' is accepted.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » January 31st, 2020, 10:30 am

Got a helpful hint from a great Cat fan last night about some articles about Kaosi Ezeagu and being recruited heavily by Frank Martin. The articles are from 2017 but can give you a decent idea of the book on Ezeagu when he was 17 years old in Canada. The articles made it sound like Frank really wanted him, so not sure why he ended up at UTEP, I'm sure you can find that information.

Also interesting that he is a high level student and at that time the Ivy League was an option as well.