two thoughts, while watching the 'bama game

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Zoltar

Re: two thoughts, while watching the 'bama game

Post by Zoltar » January 31st, 2020, 6:44 pm

I have posted this on other threads but you need to throw a bounce pass to the center most of the time. It needs to hit them above the waist and below the shoulders, so they can catch it.

Some of this is the other players' fault for low passes. If the pass is above the shoulders it should just be a turn and shoot. Below the waist to a big is a bad pass.
Win the dang day!

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » January 31st, 2020, 11:28 pm

thanks zoltar.

I'll say th is again: elevate Mak's play and this team takes leaps ahead in effectiveness.

then again: I am not HBBIQ.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 1st, 2020, 1:01 am

KITNooga wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 4:06 pm
Hypeman wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:05 pm

:rofl: Sometimes it’s just that simple. Fundamental hand eye coordination. That’s why kids should play multiple sports.
hype: gonna say this - the world is literally LITTERED with kids who have/had great potential but had to endure coaches who couldn't be bothered with figuring out how to unlock that potential.

a highschool coach I know (football) was once asked about what he learned to go from coaching good teams to coaching teams that competed for state championships every year.

his response? quit focussing on the stars. they're great no matter what. but he figured out how to help develop his 'second/third' tier athletes.

coaches, in my mind are teachers, mentors. a guy like Mak? seems tailor-made to try and figure out. and thus ELEVATE the entire team.
Catching and hand eye coordination are nearly impossible to teach at a late age.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 1st, 2020, 6:58 am

Hypeman wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 1:01 am
KITNooga wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 4:06 pm

hype: gonna say this - the world is literally LITTERED with kids who have/had great potential but had to endure coaches who couldn't be bothered with figuring out how to unlock that potential.

a highschool coach I know (football) was once asked about what he learned to go from coaching good teams to coaching teams that competed for state championships every year.

his response? quit focussing on the stars. they're great no matter what. but he figured out how to help develop his 'second/third' tier athletes.

coaches, in my mind are teachers, mentors. a guy like Mak? seems tailor-made to try and figure out. and thus ELEVATE the entire team.
Catching and hand eye coordination are nearly impossible to teach at a late age.
and it gets even harder if folks don't put any effort towards it. whether coaches OR the athletes themselves.

hype: i would disagree. anything can be taught at any 'age'. flies in the face of 'old dogs/new tricks' saw. I can tell you I improved my hand/eye coordination immensely as a 21 year old athlete. I believe it can be done; I believe in the power of the ultimately adaptable human being.

one other issue not talked about: we focus on hands, but eyes play a huge part too. not many folks necessarily put young people through eye tests/exams. and no one wants to wear glasses while playing. rock the old school 'kurt rambis' look.

and for the record: Mak ain't old yet.
:lol:
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 1st, 2020, 11:11 am

KITNooga wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 6:58 am
Hypeman wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 1:01 am

and it gets even harder if folks don't put any effort towards it. whether coaches OR the athletes themselves.

hype: i would disagree. anything can be taught at any 'age'. flies in the face of 'old dogs/new tricks' saw. I can tell you I improved my hand/eye coordination immensely as a 21 year old athlete. I believe it can be done; I believe in the power of the ultimately adaptable human being.

one other issue not talked about: we focus on hands, but eyes play a huge part too. not many folks necessarily put young people through eye tests/exams. and no one wants to wear glasses while playing. rock the old school 'kurt rambis' look.

and for the record: Mak ain't old yet.
:lol:
Not many put kids through eye tests? Kids get eye exams at school for goodness sake. The are sent home with a referral if they don’t pass.

They also have something called “contact lenses” nowadays. I might be old but I even know what those are. Let me describe them to you. They small soft plastic discs you place in your eye to correct your vision. You don’t need to wear glasses if you have them in. Athletes today tend to prefer these over the Rambis look.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 1st, 2020, 11:42 am

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 2nd, 2020, 2:38 pm

KITNooga wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:42 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc8fFwnkYXc[/youtube]
Thank you for the baseball drills. These will be great when I coach little league this summer. However, I’ve been doing them all day and it is isn’t making a difference. Maybe the saying about old dogs and new tricks has some basis in fact?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » February 2nd, 2020, 10:45 pm

maybe. depends upon how old the dog is I guess.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 2nd, 2020, 11:12 pm

KITNooga wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:45 pm
maybe. depends upon how old the dog is I guess.
You are probably right.