Realistically this team opens Big 12 play 0-6

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Realistically this team opens Big 12 play 0-6

Post by bhoovy » January 7th, 2020, 11:28 pm

It’s not what I certainly want or hope, but who truly believes we WILL win any of these next 4 games.

@ UT
vs Tech
vs WVU
@ KU

And then finally getting OU at home after that certainly isn’t a gimme, but it’s the first game you really believe they could win with dominating OU in Norman for 33 minutes. But if they’re 0-6 at that point there will be no confidence. This could end up being like the years Tech and TCU went 1-15, seriously.

My biggest hope is it doesn’t discourage our current frosh to where they want to transfer or have a member of the incoming class ask to be released.

Lack of recruiting after Sneed has really hurt. And lack of recruiting post men has just been inexcusable.

This years team is Wooly and tan Tom bad, maybe worse.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » January 7th, 2020, 11:54 pm

bhoovy wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:28 pm

My biggest hope is it doesn’t discourage our current frosh to where they want to transfer or have a member of the incoming class ask to be released.
This is all I care about at this point. Also that this year doesn't adversely effect the 2021 class, we desperately need to stack some good classes in a row.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

learnin

Post by learnin » January 8th, 2020, 12:51 am

Well, if we really are concerned about keeping the new recruits and incoming recruits, we need to keep the negativity in check and realize these guys are working their butts off and have lost five or six games by a possession or two. We need to realize how frustrated they are to be so close. I’m sure it hurts them a lot more than us.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » January 8th, 2020, 1:45 am

learnin wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 12:51 am
Well, if we really are concerned about keeping the new recruits and incoming recruits, we need to keep the negativity in check and realize these guys are working their butts off and have lost five or six games by a possession or two. We need to realize how frustrated they are to be so close. I’m sure it hurts them a lot more than us.
Recruits aren't going to be influenced by negativity on this board, they will be influenced by KSU's product on the court. I just hope the staff can sell this season as a bump in the road to the 2021 class.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 8th, 2020, 1:49 am

Ahh yes, because what’s posted on a message board has so much impact on the decisions and play of a ball team.

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » January 8th, 2020, 8:40 am

The seasons that are just “washes”/throw-aways are super lame. Everyone giving the program a pass because of the conference title last year is lame too. This is a roller-coaster program in every sense. 2013 champs, 2014 ok, 2015 and 2016 disaster, 2017 decent, 2018 magical, 2019 champs, 2020 (likely 2021 as well) disaster.

Everyone talks about KState being consistently solid but it’s just because other coaches like Bruce and like his defensive philosophy.

I love the titles obviously but also hate the suck seasons. The highs are high and the lows are low.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 8th, 2020, 10:03 am

learnin wrote:
Are you kidding me? Win some damn games by recruiting and coaching them up. Who has gotten better this year? "Realize these guys are working their butts off". Well, isn't that special. Why wouldn't they be? There are over 300 teams doing that. I'm not so upset at them as I am finishing 1st then headed to last. The ups and downs of BW. Also, if I was a recruit I'd want to play in a place where people have passion and hate losing. I'm more worried about recruits watching us play and deciding to bolt . Nah... They're probably reading this board right now thinking, "Gee, they sure are cranky and negative about being 7-7 and staring at a 10 win season. I better go somewhere else." If that is the case, then the relationships with the staff are probably not very strong. Kids go to programs to win and for the coaches, not fans on a message board. We aren't winning and don't appear to be growing. That should be the #1 concern, but nope, hang it on passionate fans. :banghead:

I just don't get it Learnin'. We have stunk. I'm not putting lipstick on a pig to pacify a said recruit who is on here. If they are on here, this is where I'll be positive. Please keep your commitment because I'm "positive" you can come in and get good minutes and help turn this thing around.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 8th, 2020, 1:16 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 10:03 am
learnin wrote:
Are you kidding me? Win some damn games by recruiting and coaching them up. Who has gotten better this year? "Realize these guys are working their butts off". Well, isn't that special. Why wouldn't they be? There are over 300 teams doing that. I'm not so upset at them as I am finishing 1st then headed to last. The ups and downs of BW. Also, if I was a recruit I'd want to play in a place where people have passion and hate losing. I'm more worried about recruits watching us play and deciding to bolt . Nah... They're probably reading this board right now thinking, "Gee, they sure are cranky and negative about being 7-7 and staring at a 10 win season. I better go somewhere else." If that is the case, then the relationships with the staff are probably not very strong. Kids go to programs to win and for the coaches, not fans on a message board. We aren't winning and don't appear to be growing. That should be the #1 concern, but nope, hang it on passionate fans. :banghead:

I just don't get it Learnin'. We have stunk. I'm not putting lipstick on a pig to pacify a said recruit who is on here. If they are on here, this is where I'll be positive. Please keep your commitment because I'm "positive" you can come in and get good minutes and help turn this thing around.
:agree: :thumbsup:

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » January 9th, 2020, 12:37 pm

Could we go 0-18?
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 9th, 2020, 2:58 pm

NealyFan wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 12:37 pm
Could we go 0-18?
Is it possible? Sure. But I don’t think it’s likely.

There are 3-4 other teams in the league that aren’t very good , so I would guess we’ll have at least one really good shooting night and one of them will be their normal self or worse and we’ll manage to get one or two.

I’m still hoping we somehow have some kind of transformation and find ourselves in the thick of the league, but not holding my breath.

What’s sad is the NIT would be quite an accomplishment for this year, and currently a long shot.