It's time to play for the future

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: It's time to play for the future

Post by tmcats » December 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm

lol. another frank martin reference. you guys need to get over cheatin' frank or go defend him on the usc,e boards where he's probably catching hell these days.

again, competitors don't give up anything, any game, any win, any season. to do that sends every possible wrong message throughout the program.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » December 14th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Cash it in before the conference even starts. Good idea. NOT! Although I’m not sure what we we are doing when we waste scholarships on walk-ons. Go out and find someone that could potentially play in case a couple guys get hurt.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » December 14th, 2019, 11:02 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm
lol. another frank martin reference. you guys need to get over cheatin' frank or go defend him on the usc,e boards where he's probably catching hell these days.

again, competitors don't give up anything, any game, any win, any season. to do that sends every possible wrong message throughout the program.
I'm over Martin, he's gone and I don't care what he does elsewhere. You're still obsessed with him and instead of embracing the future you're desperate to cling to the idea that this team and Weber are not due for a down season. Embrace reality
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 14th, 2019, 11:12 pm

Go throw a couple games of darts at your board with Frank Martin's face on it, that'll cheer you up 🤣

LMFAO!!!!!!!! That would be funny even if were aimed at me.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 16th, 2019, 12:12 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 11:02 pm
tmcats wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm

I'm over Martin, he's gone and I don't care what he does elsewhere. You're still obsessed with him and instead of embracing the future you're desperate to cling to the idea that this team and Weber are not due for a down season. Embrace reality

if you're over cheatin' frank do us all a favor and stop bringing his name up, okay dude. :roll:

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » December 16th, 2019, 12:15 pm

KsJoey wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 5:04 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 3:49 pm
I will reiterate my belief that the main goal of this season should be getting the underclassmen as much experience as possible. This team isn't making the NIT the way it is currently constructed.
Agreed, and that is pretty much what’s happening. They are getting good minutes. Once Murphy is back, I think he’ll get as many minutes as he’ll want.
He was actually getting more minutes than anyone else.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » December 16th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Oh my! Frank is back. And so is calling other posters "dude". That's the internet version of flipping someone the bird.

I think the freshmen will get plenty of minutes, and I'm OK with what they are receiving right now. It was puzzling the other night though that our freshman "star" D.Gordon only saw 10 minutes. What's up with that?

I think there's a danger of the freshmen getting too many minutes. If that happens, they'll likely fade at the end of the season.

Playing freshmen, and counting on them to develop expanded roles is NOT tanking the season. It seems like the logical thing to do.

Also, one last thing on posters calling out other poster's competitive nature. Leave it alone. We know very little about each other, so don't project based on one post. Chill ......

wazucat

Post by wazucat » December 16th, 2019, 1:37 pm

What would Frank do? Play the frosh.

Just joking .

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 16th, 2019, 2:00 pm

wazucat wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 1:37 pm
What would Frank do? Play the frosh.

Just joking .
no, just trolling. seriously, enough of cheatin' frank, please? :twisted:

learnin

Post by learnin » December 16th, 2019, 10:33 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 12:25 pm
Oh my! Frank is back. And so is calling other posters "dude". That's the internet version of flipping someone the bird.

I think the freshmen will get plenty of minutes, and I'm OK with what they are receiving right now. It was puzzling the other night though that our freshman "star" D.Gordon only saw 10 minutes. What's up with that?

I think there's a danger of the freshmen getting too many minutes. If that happens, they'll likely fade at the end of the season.

Playing freshmen, and counting on them to develop expanded roles is NOT tanking the season. It seems like the logical thing to do.

Also, one last thing on posters calling out other poster's competitive nature. Leave it alone. We know very little about each other, so don't project based on one post. Chill ......
Weber made a quick post game remark about maybe D. Gordon could've played more. I think the strategy was to let the more experienced players try to pull one of these games out finally. Didn't work. Perhaps instead of wasting possessions throwing the ball into the paint, or driving it to the paint, D. Gordon could have nailed a couple of shots, on drives, 3's or put backs on those bunnies we missed down the stretch. We either find a newcomer who can be an offensive threat or we have a very poor season, IMHO. I say this not because our veterans are poor offensive players. Mike, Cartier, Xavier can all score. Mak can even score at times. I say this because we simply need one more serious offensive threat to take pressure off these other guys when defenses try to neutralize X, Mike and Cartier. It doesn't have to be D. Gordon, even though it seems to me he is the best option, it could be Sloan. I really believe Sloan can make some noise on the offensive end if we can spread the defense.