Memphis playing player who is disqualifie. Will fight ruin NCAA

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
SCKSCat
Posts: 806
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 1:34 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 25 times

Memphis playing player who is disqualifie. Will fight ruin NCAA

Post by SCKSCat » November 12th, 2019, 8:08 am

Memphis is suing the NCAA over their suspension of a star player. They are still playing him. Giving the man the bird. Even Bill didn't do this with Sousa. I say give them the death penalty. And no TV money

hilltopwildcat
Posts: 3729
Joined: September 4th, 2013, 12:52 am
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » November 12th, 2019, 9:15 am

What Penny wants.............

User avatar
Sir Ocelot
Posts: 692
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 1:00 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Sir Ocelot » November 12th, 2019, 9:57 am

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... igers-line

I have not followed this closely. A timeline is posted above for whatever it may be worth.

I was watching the Florida vs. Florida State game and Dick Vitale was bleating about how Wiseman should be allowed to play.

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 11529
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 266 times

Post by learnin » November 12th, 2019, 10:59 am

So typical of Vitale and the anything goes as long as the party continues crowd. This is the beginning of the end of the student athlete. You persistently skirt and break the rules until you finally destroy what the rules were protecting and that’s proper order

KsJoey
Posts: 1384
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 10:21 am
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 154 times

Post by KsJoey » November 12th, 2019, 11:10 am

The NCAA has to come down hard, if they want to stay relevant.

PurpleOnWhite
Posts: 804
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 10:36 am
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 83 times

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » November 12th, 2019, 11:24 am

Interesting that Laird V is the new AD. Seems out of character but, then again, I don’t know the facts. Gutsy!

tmcats
Posts: 5754
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 775 times
Been liked: 545 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 12th, 2019, 11:39 am

yeah, i forgot laird was a.d. at memphis now. just got the job for this? whew.

the ncaa is a self-regulating organization. i'm not sure how this works in mem's favor.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

KITNooga
Posts: 4828
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by KITNooga » November 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm

learnin wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:59 am
So typical of Vitale and the anything goes as long as the party continues crowd. This is the beginning of the end of the student athlete. You persistently skirt and break the rules until you finally destroy what the rules were protecting and that’s proper order
learnin; don't expect you or anyone else to agree with this, but it is how I feel and how I see it.

if being Div I is 'this': I would rather go down a division. Love my cats. will follow/watch them 'within reason'.
that means nope, no espn+. would rather fllow a team of real student athletes, not MERCENARIES

I will not sell my soul just to win a national championship, or think we're on the path to one.

NealyFan
Posts: 2645
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:18 am
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by NealyFan » November 12th, 2019, 6:46 pm

KITNooga wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm
learnin wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:59 am
So typical of Vitale and the anything goes as long as the party continues crowd. This is the beginning of the end of the student athlete. You persistently skirt and break the rules until you finally destroy what the rules were protecting and that’s proper order
learnin; don't expect you or anyone else to agree with this, but it is how I feel and how I see it.

if being Div I is 'this': I would rather go down a division. Love my cats. will follow/watch them 'within reason'.
that means nope, no espn+. would rather fllow a team of real student athletes, not MERCENARIES

I will not sell my soul just to win a national championship, or think we're on the path to one.
LOL :rofl:

KSU has had plenty of “mercenaries.” We are better than most programs, far from perfect. A lot of players come our way because of coaches, facilities, and a future in sports, not because we have a great vet school. If that hurts your feelings, go root for Washburn. No one was bitching when we landed Beasley and Walker.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people,
it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill

KITNooga
Posts: 4828
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by KITNooga » November 13th, 2019, 1:25 am

NealyFan wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:46 pm
KITNooga wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm


learnin; don't expect you or anyone else to agree with this, but it is how I feel and how I see it.

if being Div I is 'this': I would rather go down a division. Love my cats. will follow/watch them 'within reason'.
that means nope, no espn+. would rather fllow a team of real student athletes, not MERCENARIES

I will not sell my soul just to win a national championship, or think we're on the path to one.
LOL :rofl:

KSU has had plenty of “mercenaries.” We are better than most programs, far from perfect. A lot of players come our way because of coaches, facilities, and a future in sports, not because we have a great vet school. If that hurts your feelings, go root for Washburn. No one was bitching when we landed Beasley and Walker.
you mis-remember my posts about beasley and the years following where he bounced around in the NBA. we did not do any favors to Mike. then again, I know no one else in the college basketball world would have either.

and isn't that a shame.

Post Reply