yahoo says ku, south carolina, zona ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Re: yahoo says ku, south carolina, zona ...

Post by PurpleOnWhite » July 13th, 2019, 12:20 pm

If the ncaa doesn’t come down hard on the cheaters, I am going to stop my 5-figure contributions to the Ahearn Fund with a letter to ADGT telling him why. Maybe if enough donors across the country take action, the non-blue blood AD’s will get the message.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » July 13th, 2019, 2:27 pm

Maybe 8 or 10 non-slimy (at least by reputation) coaches could organize and collectively address the issues including name, rank and serial number of specific coaches and recruits. This would take more collective courage than is probably fair to expect. But you have to have collective action: numbers. Folks like Beilein (nothing to lose at this point), Weber, Brey, Bennett, Wright, Few, Kruger (this list is doubtless incomplete and probably, you'll suggest, inaccurate, but you get the idea). I can only imagine the howls from Dickie V, Steven A, Bilas, etc if this were to come to pass. You've got to absolutely call out and embarrass the biggest cheaters and moneygrabs and make it a topic of discussion. Maybe Barkley could be the chairman of the group-he's fearless. At a minimum I'd like to hear K 'splain to the group how Zion's family ended up living in Durham. Just wanted to see their youngster play ball, no doubt.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 13th, 2019, 2:40 pm

i saw frank on twitter today telling people about how recruiting should be and demeaning other coaches for not speaking. i almost threw-up in my mouth.

Frank Martin

Verified account

@FrankMartin_SC
6h6 hours ago
More Frank Martin Retweeted Phil Martelli
Over the last 3 years I have learned how much time u, &many coaches like u, put in behind the scenes 2 help protect&grow our profession. Thrre r 1,416 Div 1 Coaches recruiting this week. We are all not going to agree, and that is OK. Just don’t hide behind anonymity
Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » July 19th, 2019, 1:47 pm

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 12:20 pm
If the ncaa doesn’t come down hard on the cheaters, I am going to stop my 5-figure contributions to the Ahearn Fund with a letter to ADGT telling him why. Maybe if enough donors across the country take action, the non-blue blood AD’s will get the message.
May work. Hit em in the pocketbook and they may act. Too bad that this may be necessary. Thank you for your generous support of the Cats.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » July 19th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Make sure you punish a good KSU program by withholding your donation. This will teach the cheaters a good lesson. Maybe you could really show them and donate to their program directly.
Win the dang day!

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » July 19th, 2019, 11:25 pm

Zoltar wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 10:14 pm
Make sure you punish a good KSU program by withholding your donation. This will teach the cheaters a good lesson. Maybe you could really show them and donate to their program directly.
You told me off REAL good! I almost cried. Well, when I see people like Gene Taylor (and hundreds of other clean AD’s), who represent my (our) interests, publicly cry foul and fight for change, then I’ll feel my contributions are being made to a cause with some semblance of fairness. Or maybe you just feel better being the victim. Not me. If you have better ideas, bring them on. Maybe even our renowned President could speak up.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » July 20th, 2019, 4:39 am

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 11:25 pm
Zoltar wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 10:14 pm
You told me off REAL good! I almost cried. Well, when I see people like Gene Taylor (and hundreds of other clean AD’s), who represent my (our) interests, publicly cry foul and fight for change, then I’ll feel my contributions are being made to a cause with some semblance of fairness. Or maybe you just feel better being the victim. Not me. If you have better ideas, bring them on. Maybe even our renowned President could speak up.
it's fair. might be more effective if you were to find time to sit with GT and have the conversation vs just write a letter.
harder for folks to ignore th ings when it's done face to face. if you write the letter, might try a phone call in follow up if you can't sit together in person.

although I do get the impression a hand=-written letter gives in today's world

driving change is hard.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » July 20th, 2019, 11:17 am

KITNooga wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 4:39 am
PurpleOnWhite wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 11:25 pm

it's fair. might be more effective if you were to find time to sit with GT and have the conversation vs just write a letter.
harder for folks to ignore th ings when it's done face to face. if you write the letter, might try a phone call in follow up if you can't sit together in person.

although I do get the impression a hand=-written letter gives in today's world

driving change is hard.
I certainly have - and will again. What’s bothersome is these cheating issues and preferential treatment have been around for a long time. This FBI probe has, for the first time, brought some truth to light. We ALL should demand the NCAA take assertive action. Unfortunately, I’m not hearing enough from the “clean” programs demanding action. Maybe most are just too comfortable with the status quo. Maybe most are afraid that the blue bloods will withdraw and start their own super division. I’ll take that chance. Just want KState having the opportunity to compete fairly. And ADGT is paid to protect our interests.

Zoltar, I apologize for my snippy retort. I’m sure you are as passionate about KState as I am.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » July 20th, 2019, 1:18 pm

I/we do really appreciate the donation level you have made to KSU. My $1000+ a year is peanuts to what you donate. I just hope you don't hurt our program when you want the cheaters to suffer.

I know those schools cheat and always seem to get away with it. This needs to stop and I do not want us the even think about doing anything that is wrong to try to keep up. I also know that while it is many years removed, the Gibson Girls did not shine the light on KSU that we all would like in today's view. That was against the rules and not what we want to think would happen in Manhattan.

There has to be a way to let it be known this cheating needs to stop and not make it look like sour grapes.
Win the dang day!

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 20th, 2019, 1:36 pm

KU can brag about all of their championships as well as their record against us over the past 30 years, but if they cheated under the likes of Larry Brown and Bill Self to get there then we all (including KU fans) know those records and championships are illegitimate and undeserved.

It is a shame, though, that the NCAA is more willing to go after the non-blue bloods and make an example of them rather than going after the biggest culprits. Hopefully, they will prove us wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln