COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
hilltopwildcat

Re: Notice of Level 1 Violations

Post by hilltopwildcat » June 15th, 2019, 10:19 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 9:45 am
learnin wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 8:33 am

Yes, Lamont Evans is going to bring some stuff down on some programs I would imagine.
lamont recruited frank's usc,e final 4 team. so, i'll be surprised if usc,e isn't one of the six schools referenced. also, for those of you who poo-poo'd the susan rice report, this may be your comeuppance.
When hairpiece heads to the NBA, then I'll pay attention. :popcorn:

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 15th, 2019, 10:36 pm

wazucat wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 4:10 pm
tmcats wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 9:05 am
the ncaa should have independent regulators who are not tied to the institution itself but rather a third party. i believe that was touched on in the rice report. there's too much of a good ole boy network within the ivy halls and sport. look what david borin got away with at ou and further how the school cheated with usnews ranking data for years. where were the internal controls? look at baylor skating; virtually no consequences from the b12. look at ron prince's shady deal here at k-state. look at what just happened at oberline college. academics are absolutely horrible policing themselves.
Agree that the NCAA should do a lot of things differently but after watching them for decades, I seriously doubt they do anything drastic.

SMU got the death penalty in football for paying players, since then crickets...... Penn State got almost nothing for enabling a pedophile , Baylor is rape central and gets nothing substantial, USC west buys football players and gets nothing, Auburn buys a Heisman trophy QB from JUCO and gets nothing, Larry Brown cheats his ass off gets Danny and the miracles and henceforth and for ever more we are a basketball after thought, yada yada etc. But we are the cleanest program in all of Power 5
And don't forget the North Carolina academic fraud scandal with the fake classes to keep players eligible. The NCAA basically looked the other way.

You may disagree, but I am glad Weber runs a clean program. I thank my lucky stars that Frank Martin left for South Carolina, or we could be caught up in this, too. It was also likely that John Currie's being so anal about compliance kept the NCAA from sniffing around our basketball program during that time.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

wazucat

Post by wazucat » June 15th, 2019, 11:39 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 10:36 pm
wazucat wrote:

Agree that the NCAA should do a lot of things differently but after watching them for decades, I seriously doubt they do anything drastic.

SMU got the death penalty in football for paying players, since then crickets...... Penn State got almost nothing for enabling a pedophile , Baylor is rape central and gets nothing substantial, USC west buys football players and gets nothing, Auburn buys a Heisman trophy QB from JUCO and gets nothing, Larry Brown cheats his ass off gets Danny and the miracles and henceforth and for ever more we are a basketball after thought, yada yada etc. But we are the cleanest program in all of Power 5
And don't forget the North Carolina academic fraud scandal with the fake classes to keep players eligible. The NCAA basically looked the other way.

You may disagree, but I am glad Weber runs a clean program. I thank my lucky stars that Frank Martin left for South Carolina, or we could be caught up in this, too. It was also likely that John Currie's being so anal about compliance kept the NCAA from sniffing around our basketball program during that time.
Yes North Carolina is certainly worthy of the hall of shame , absolute academic fraud -- the very essence of what the NCAA was created to prevent and what happens , a slap on the wrist, then crickets again LOL.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » June 16th, 2019, 8:22 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 10:19 pm
tmcats wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 9:45 am

lamont recruited frank's usc,e final 4 team. so, i'll be surprised if usc,e isn't one of the six schools referenced. also, for those of you who poo-poo'd the susan rice report, this may be your comeuppance.
When hairpiece heads to the NBA, then I'll pay attention. :popcorn:
Will he have to remove his hairpiece for his mug shot?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » June 16th, 2019, 8:24 am

stlcatfan wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 10:36 pm
wazucat wrote:

If Weber ran a program like Self and vice versa I would call for Weber's head and switch allegiances until K-State admin got rid of him and cleaned it up. I'm serious as a heart attack.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » November 12th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Bump

So Rip Van Wazu here, just woke up, did the big hammer fall on the cheaters down the Kaw??

Are they forfeiting their National Champ rings, giving back their millions $ ill gotten gains, is the coach serving time in federal prison?

Of course I know it must have transpired because winners never cheat and cheaters never win.

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » November 12th, 2019, 8:07 pm

The fact that Miller (Sean), Pearl, and Wade are still coaching makes me think that nothing serious will happen to Kansas.

learnin

Post by learnin » November 13th, 2019, 12:57 pm

They probably believe that just the leveling of infractions will suffice. "Look, they're not afraid to put the hammer down on a blue blood!" Then, sometime next early summer, there will be a Yahoo Sports Story stating that, after KU filed an appeal, there was no direct evidence that Self and company knew of, or solicited, help from the shoe company.........

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » November 13th, 2019, 12:59 pm

And KU is still getting 5star recruits....

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » November 14th, 2019, 11:52 pm

KsJoey wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 12:59 pm
And KU is still getting 5star recruits....
With the announced class today, seriously, is there any doubt that nothing is going to happen to the beakss?