tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Notice of Level 1 Violations

Post by tmcats » June 13th, 2019, 9:45 am

learnin wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 8:33 am
Wildwilly73 wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 7:00 am
So that's how Okie State has been getting the four star players!
Yes, Lamont Evans is going to bring some stuff down on some programs I would imagine.
lamont recruited frank's usc,e final 4 team. so, i'll be surprised if usc,e isn't one of the six schools referenced. also, for those of you who poo-poo'd the susan rice report, this may be your comeuppance.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » June 13th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Lamont Evans was sentenced to 3 months in prison and may be deported for his crimes. Losing your 600 K job and possibly being deported back to Barbados should give him plenty of incentive to tell the truth, i.e. work out a deal.

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » June 13th, 2019, 1:06 pm

I will reiterate my previous comments. If the NCAA doesn't do a thorough investigation (even talking to Duke about Zion since the logical trail leads to that question) and issue program-crippling punishments then it becomes open season for everyone to pay players or do whatever it takes to get players i.e. if cheating as we now define it isn't even going to be punished after an FBI investigation and the most significant, public bball scandal in history then why should anyone handcuff themselves by trying to obey rules that they obviously don't view as important.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » June 13th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I don't think KU will skate by on this one. The health of the sport is in jeopardy. If the allegations are proven, then the NCAA has to bring the hammer down hard or the rest of the programs will turn it into a free for all.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » June 13th, 2019, 3:25 pm

If you guys are hoping for the NCAA to do the right thing and do their job, I think you'll be mightily disappointed. In regards to KU and the other "blue-blood" programs getting hit hard by the NCAA... i'll believe it when I see it. KU and programs like them always have a way to skirt around these problems to continue to get elite recruits. Until the NCAA becomes liable for their (in)actions, I don't see major things happening. I can see small things happening, but not major things, which is what is needed to change the corruption that's been happening for decades.

Remember, it took the FBI to uncover most of this and force the hand of the NCAA to take some kind of action. Otherwise, none of this would be happening at all.

I hope i'm wrong. But the fact that people like Kurt Townsend are still employed at KU (and Will Wade at LSU), makes me think otherwise

learnin

Post by learnin » June 13th, 2019, 4:32 pm

I think this is going to be different for several reasons. First of all, the NCAA will be faced with a swift rebuttal, in the future, whenever they try to crack down on any school. "You had coaches on tape buying players and trying to buy players and you did nothing. We're going to contest this in court and get to the bottom of the double standard. " At least, I would take this approach if I was over seeing a program that gets reprimanded by the NCAA if they do nothing with the info they now have.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » June 14th, 2019, 2:21 pm

I’m holding out hope that Self said enough on a wiretap to fall under this statement:

"Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox said.

We good?
Or
We good!
Last edited by PurpleOnWhite on June 15th, 2019, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » June 15th, 2019, 12:24 am

The problem as with many institutions in this country today is a very poor system of checks and balances. The NCAA should not be in a position of self regulator or in a position where they stand to benefit financially from their lack of proper enforcement of rules and punishment. A house cleaning and reorganization of the NCAA is sorely needed. When all is said and done they should not be allowed to self regulate. Possibly a panel of coaches elected by all college head coaches should be in charge of oversight.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 15th, 2019, 9:05 am

the ncaa should have independent regulators who are not tied to the institution itself but rather a third party. i believe that was touched on in the rice report. there's too much of a good ole boy network within the ivy halls and sport. look what david borin got away with at ou and further how the school cheated with usnews ranking data for years. where were the internal controls? look at baylor skating; virtually no consequences from the b12. look at ron prince's shady deal here at k-state. look at what just happened at oberline college. academics are absolutely horrible policing themselves.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wazucat

Post by wazucat » June 15th, 2019, 4:10 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 9:05 am
the ncaa should have independent regulators who are not tied to the institution itself but rather a third party. i believe that was touched on in the rice report. there's too much of a good ole boy network within the ivy halls and sport. look what david borin got away with at ou and further how the school cheated with usnews ranking data for years. where were the internal controls? look at baylor skating; virtually no consequences from the b12. look at ron prince's shady deal here at k-state. look at what just happened at oberline college. academics are absolutely horrible policing themselves.
Agree that the NCAA should do a lot of things differently but after watching them for decades, I seriously doubt they do anything drastic.

SMU got the death penalty in football for paying players, since then crickets...... Penn State got almost nothing for enabling a pedophile , Baylor is rape central and gets nothing substantial, USC west buys football players and gets nothing, Auburn buys a Heisman trophy QB from JUCO and gets nothing, Larry Brown cheats his ass off gets Danny and the miracles and henceforth and for ever more we are a basketball after thought, yada yada etc. But we are the cleanest program in all of Power 5