Crooked Programs. No punishment. Ruining things. Hurts good programs.

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
SCKSCat
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Crooked Programs. No punishment. Ruining things. Hurts good programs.

Post by SCKSCat » May 7th, 2019, 5:47 am

Crooked coaches at Big Schools who were part of the Addis scandal still have their jobs and are still sucking up all of the talent to them. Coaches like Weber who do it right are at a disadvantage and fans are punished and demoralized. I am too black and white I guess. If there is a sniff of a head coach or his staff cheating, the whole bunch should be fired. Money seems to be the priority. Sean Miller should be gone. Self gone. LSU guy .....
If these guys aren't fired, then take away a majority of their program scholarships
These users liked SCKSCat for the post (total 3):
stlcatfan (May 7th, 2019, 5:56 am) • epicsnyder (May 7th, 2019, 6:58 am) • hilltopwildcat (May 7th, 2019, 3:15 pm)

iowa_wildcat
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by iowa_wildcat » May 7th, 2019, 6:51 am

Years ago my son informed me that athletic scholarships should be abolished. He wanted to see a student-athlete's financial aid based on academics, citizenship, and financial need. He sounded like a total idiot to me. I now agree with him 100%.

JOKKO
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by JOKKO » May 7th, 2019, 8:03 am

iowa_wildcat wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 6:51 am
Years ago my son informed me that athletic scholarships should be abolished. He wanted to see a student-athlete's financial aid based on academics, citizenship, and financial need. He sounded like a total idiot to me. I now agree with him 100%.
I hear what you are saying, but honestly, that would take away from the actual academic kids that earn those schollies. There is too much money in athletics and the schools would then start "awarding" athletes scholarships for all kinds of reasons.

As long as the money is as big as it is, the coaches will be looking for an edge. The money certainly isn't going away either.

epicsnyder
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by epicsnyder » May 7th, 2019, 8:55 am

SCKSCat wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 5:47 am
Crooked coaches at Big Schools who were part of the Addis scandal still have their jobs and are still sucking up all of the talent to them. Coaches like Weber who do it right are at a disadvantage and fans are punished and demoralized. I am too black and white I guess. If there is a sniff of a head coach or his staff cheating, the whole bunch should be fired. Money seems to be the priority. Sean Miller should be gone. Self gone. LSU guy .....
If these guys aren't fired, then take away a majority of their program scholarships
Agree 100%. This, and the new "transfer portal" are slowly destroying "college" athletics. It's not about STUDENT-athletes anymore in these cases. It's about the joke and facade that the select few of these kids that are talented enough to eventually get a paycheck playing their chosen sport, have to pretend to be students. It's ridiculous that academic institutions have started selling their souls to the Devil for wins. Because of money. TONS of money. As soon as an academic school such as Duke university, stooped to paying rent-a-player, ala slimeball Calipari..........it's nothing but downhill from here.
The Payhawks in Adidas Fieldhouse are just a too close example of the corruption. But Payhawk fans can't wrap their heads around the fact they have bought and paid for conference titles. Next time you talk to one, ask them what other P5 school has won 14 titles in a row. Hell, how about 5 in a row. Rock, Chalk, Cheathawk fans can't stomach that Dollar Bill is as dirty as the others. But you are right. He will slide just like the others will. As many have said....money is the root of all evil. Sad, but true.
These users liked epicsnyder for the post:
learnin (May 7th, 2019, 9:48 am)

tmcats
Has liked: 582 times
Been liked: 361 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 7th, 2019, 9:54 am

there are a lot of fine student-athletes. guys like xavier sneed and dalton risner are academic all-conference this academic year. i've had several in my senior-level business school class dating back to wbb's kimberly dietz. outstanding students. please don't make broad-brush statements about athletes like 'pretending to go to class' because that's factually incorrect.
Last edited by tmcats on May 7th, 2019, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

learnin
Has liked: 414 times
Been liked: 212 times

Post by learnin » May 7th, 2019, 9:55 am

Money has completely taken hold of society and success is based upon how much you gather. It doesn't matter how you gather it, you're a great success and are to be idolized. Your innovative spirit, and shrewdness, is to be praised. Cheating is nothing more than being shrewd. The hall of fame, and not the hall of shame, awaits you if you but have the skill to out shrewd the rest of the gang.

tmcats
Has liked: 582 times
Been liked: 361 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 7th, 2019, 9:59 am

learnin wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 9:55 am
Money has completely taken hold of society and success is based upon how much you gather. It doesn't matter how you gather it, you're a great success and are to be idolized. Your innovative spirit, and shrewdness, is to be praised. Cheating is nothing more than being shrewd. The hall of fame, and not the hall of shame, awaits you if you but have the skill to out shrewd the rest of the gang.
nonsense. money has always been a driver in american society. and it does matter how you gather it. rick pitino isn't coaching louisville. michael avenatti is in jail.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

epicsnyder
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by epicsnyder » May 7th, 2019, 12:28 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 9:54 am
there are a lot of fine student-athletes. guys like xavier sneed and dalton risner are academic all-conference this academic year. i've had several in my senior-level business school class dating back to wbb's kimberly dietz. outstanding students. please don't make broad-brush statements about athletes like 'pretending to go to class' because that's factually incorrect.
You are a supposed academic, yet you cannot read and comprehend a simple paragraph? I CLEARLY stated "in these cases"..........and "a select few of these kids". Maybe you need to look into a new profession. Because you sure as hell can't comprehend the simple written word. I love how people like you cherry pick from submissions and then create this delusional meaning inside your cranium to fit your narrative. You must be a blast at tailgates/parties.

I didn't make a broad brush statement. I purposefully stated "in these cases" and "a SELECT FEW OF THESE KIDS" so as to NOT put all the kids in the same basket.

NOTHING I stated is factually incorrect Richard. I guess you don't cover English comprehension in your business school class.

Next time READ and COMPREHEND the meaning of what others submit before your warped persona tries to twist it into whatever narrative you THINK it is.

mustang
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by mustang » May 7th, 2019, 12:30 pm

I'm not a fan (or a hater) of Kansas (for the record I am not a hater of anyone) and to lump them in with LSU and Arizona seems a bit silly.
The Big 3 currently of Mount Cheatmore would appear to be Louisville and the other two listed previously. Until the powers that be (NCAA) determine that Will Wade and Sean Miller are out of college coaching, then all of this talk is pretty cheap.

As someone who has the opportunity to travel a great deal and interact with people from all over I believe my views may be a little different than most people. The local (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa) perception among non KU people is one of dirty money and cheating. From a national perspective I don't get that vibe.

I would concur that money has taken hold of college athletics (one big donor who dislikes a hall of fame coach can force a school to get rid of him) and that there is a win at all costs mentality in all power five athletic departments.

Gorhoops
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Gorhoops » May 7th, 2019, 1:07 pm

mustang wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:30 pm
I'm not a fan (or a hater) of Kansas (for the record I am not a hater of anyone) and to lump them in with LSU and Arizona seems a bit silly.
The Big 3 currently of Mount Cheatmore would appear to be Louisville and the other two listed previously. Until the powers that be (NCAA) determine that Will Wade and Sean Miller are out of college coaching, then all of this talk is pretty cheap.

As someone who has the opportunity to travel a great deal and interact with people from all over I believe my views may be a little different than most people. The local (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa) perception among non KU people is one of dirty money and cheating. From a national perspective I don't get that vibe.

I would concur that money has taken hold of college athletics (one big donor who dislikes a hall of fame coach can force a school to get rid of him) and that there is a win at all costs mentality in all power five athletic departments.

Bologna, KU is absolutely lumped in with all the other cheaters. The wiretaps and phone calls are there to see and hear. Townsend is on wiretap discussing an offer to give Zion whatever he wanted to get him. Self's texts are there to read with Gassnola and talking about "we good," etc.

You can think what you want, but KU is every bit as dirty as any program in the nation and has been for Self's entire tenure.
These users liked Gorhoops for the post (total 2):
stlcatfan (May 7th, 2019, 4:57 pm) • epicsnyder (May 7th, 2019, 5:33 pm)