and the adidas u beat goes on ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

and the adidas u beat goes on ...

Post by tmcats » April 24th, 2019, 2:04 pm

Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » April 24th, 2019, 4:50 pm

Battered wife syndrome, I suppose.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 24th, 2019, 5:55 pm

What kind of money do we get from Nike?
Win the dang day!

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » April 24th, 2019, 7:29 pm

I know. It is shocking that they re-upped with Adidas after being so harshly victimized by their rep. I guess the large sum of money that he had to pay them for their victimization put them in a spot where they could let bygones be bygones and give Adidas another chance. Feel good story of second chances really. I am sure they put some things in place to prevent Adidas from victimizing them again. Probably prohibit high school players affiliated with Adidas from signing with them or something.

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » April 24th, 2019, 11:05 pm

Do you suppose KU feels any remorse that they were forced to accept a deal with the devil? After all, this is the company that has totally ruined the reputation of their school. Most people nationwide now think of KU as the most corrupt school in America. To be bought off by a company that "victimized" them by buying their recruits and then paying them an 8 figure salary for the rights to cheat for them, it must be galling for the elitists at snob hill. They are now just a pawn for Adidas and it's machinations.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 25th, 2019, 1:00 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/peak-shameless ... 37804.html

I am about two hairs away from getting out of college basketball and football fandom. I am sick to death of this cess pool of corruption called college sports. KU, as Forde points out, sued Adidas for a million last summer claiming the shoe company molested them then turned around and got in bed with them again.

My Lord, think about the charade being played out in front of our bracket- soused eyes. We actually sat back and watched as the Feds made KU out to be victims. To be sure any jury would rule that KU was a victim, the judge ruled that evidence, which clearly shows KU’s coaches begged for Adidas to provide them with the best, could not be presented.

Once the wiretaps removed the clothes from the emperor. The emperor, and Adidas, hatched a scheme to play along with the charade and place the clothing back on the emperor. Adidas needed to keep their brand high in the limelight and KU needed to fool the court jester, which is the No Clue At All.

So, Adidas told the emperor to sue Adidas in order to complete the charade of victimhood so they could
get on with blue bloodedness. Fellow posters, if someone truly victimized you, would you continue to do business with them? On the other hand, if someone sued you, would you want to continue a business relationship with them?

This is all a charade manufactured by the feds, KU and Adidas. As Kansas State fans, do you think Adidas is going to allow their two hundred million dollar investment go south? Do you think they will allow KU to be sanctioned and pushed down to a non blue blood school? This is why Duke, North Carolina and Kansas have dominated for so long. Big money gets what big money needs.

ksume2000

Post by ksume2000 » April 25th, 2019, 6:03 am

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 4:50 pm
Battered wife syndrome, I suppose.
That's exactly what I was going to say. But I figured someone on here would accuse me of making light of domestic violence. Glad you had more guts than I did.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 25th, 2019, 10:09 am

it certainly doesn't give one a lot of faith in academics, does it? i mean the chancellor and board of regents have shown zero moral leadership in this adidas matter. none!

"just show me the money." that's all that matters.

i've spent my whole career dealing in ethics from commerce to government and in the classroom. and i've never seen any action in the public purview so brazenly unethical as this. perhaps the ncaa will step in at some point. it's obvious that no one in kansas is willing to ask why? :|
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » April 26th, 2019, 12:42 pm

Did you read what all came out yesterday in court. Wow, just hope they can find the evidence to back up the claims. Article on CBS sports is interesting. What everyone knew was happening, spilled out.