frank on the move, perhaps ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Puffdad

Re: frank on the move, perhaps ...

Post by Puffdad » April 13th, 2019, 5:31 pm

Hypeman wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 5:17 pm
Riding a 6’10” once in a lifetime to a few 1A titles doesn’t make one god’s gift to hoops.

Alford has a long history of success since the 1980’s
If you want to hang around you might want to lay low with everybody. I never ever made any comment on Alford. And I really don’t give two rips one way or the other on Alford. But others did and their entitled to their opinion just like you are without any snide comments from you.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » April 13th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Hypeman wrote:
Riding a 6’10” once in a lifetime to a few 1A state titles doesn’t make one god’s gift to hoops.

Totally inappropriate comments. I thought personal attacks were the number one way to get banned. So why are you still here?

Posters like you are the reason I left Scout.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » April 13th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Puffdad wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 5:31 pm
Hypeman wrote:
Riding a 6’10” once in a lifetime to a few 1A titles doesn’t make one god’s gift to hoops.

If you want to hang around you might want to lay low with everybody. I never ever made any comment on Alford. And I really don’t give two rips one way or the other on Alford. But others did and their entitled to their opinion just like you are without any snide comments from you.
I think you snidely referenced my “goodies” puff.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 14th, 2019, 8:39 am

Puffdad wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 4:48 pm
“It shows the ignorance of many of the posters on here.” Do you want some of those posters to start pulling out some of your goodies Hype? I’m not sure I’d be calling out any of those guys who don’t think Alford set the basketball world on fire......
puff, the point is that steve alford is not a 'horrible' coach. that's all.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 14th, 2019, 9:13 am

I certainly have nothing against Steve Alford and I’ve never ever offered any opinion on him. But some posters did offer their opinion, and they don’t deserve to be called ignorant because of their opinion.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » April 16th, 2019, 8:17 am

Puffdad wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 9:13 am
I certainly have nothing against Steve Alford and I’ve never ever offered any opinion on him. But some posters did offer their opinion, and they don’t deserve to be called ignorant because of their opinion.

Haven't been on the board for a few days and probably a good thing. Couldn't believe what I was reading when I read a guy calling others "ignorant," the making hideous comments about riding a once in a lifetime 6'10" kid to a few 1A tiles." That might be the most ignorant statement I have read on this board since I joined. I coached against those St. John boys long before that 6'10" kid came around, and they won a title or two without him, generally 2A titles, but I digress. Also, that 6'10" kid was coached by those guys for years before he ever got that tall. He was a skilled player because they coached him from his early years, through middle school, etc. and he just so happened to grow that tall. But he was a skilled basketball player because those coaches made him a skilled basketball player. I have seen hundreds of 6'8" or taller players in Kansas that sucked, mostly because they were not trained and coached correctly early on. That 6'10" once in a lifetime kid was coached to be a skilled player, then grew to 6'10."

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 16th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 8:17 am
Puffdad wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 9:13 am

Haven't been on the board for a few days and probably a good thing. Couldn't believe what I was reading when I read a guy calling others "ignorant," the making hideous comments about riding a once in a lifetime 6'10" kid to a few 1A tiles." That might be the most ignorant statement I have read on this board since I joined. I coached against those St. John boys long before that 6'10" kid came around, and they won a title or two without him, generally 2A titles, but I digress. Also, that 6'10" kid was coached by those guys for years before he ever got that tall. He was a skilled player because they coached him from his early years, through middle school, etc. and he just so happened to grow that tall. But he was a skilled basketball player because those coaches made him a skilled basketball player. I have seen hundreds of 6'8" or taller players in Kansas that sucked, mostly because they were not trained and coached correctly early on. That 6'10" once in a lifetime kid was coached to be a skilled player, then grew to 6'10."
Thanks Gor. The 6’10 kid used to be my point guard running dribble drive motion offense. After “riding” the 6’10” kid to 3 state titles in 2A we haven’t done too bad. Two 2nd place finishes and one 3rd place finish in the state tournament. The only year we didn’t go to state we only lost to one team....the eventual state champion who now has a 53 game winning streak. Second only to our 63 game winning streak.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 16th, 2019, 8:26 pm

I think we are overlooking another thing that happens. I am certain I will take a personal attack again for saying this but it really hurts the board. That type of post kills threads. It has several times before. It took two days for a reply and it was just to refute the attack post. It is a thread hijack and what a troll does when the attack post is made. This is far from the first time this has happened.

It is like I posted on another thread, you have a nice place and the pigeons come in and sully it up so no one wants to go there again. It is against board rules should not be allowed to happen.

People are afraid to post because they don't want to be called names. Frankly, I don't blame them.
Win the dang day!

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 16th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Overall our posters do a good job expressing their own thoughts and leaving out personal attacks against other posters. And we want to keep it that way! And we have a very thoughtful administrator (JazzCat) who makes good judgment calls on inappropriate posts. Compared to other forums this one is pretty calm.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 16th, 2019, 9:32 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 9:29 pm
Hypeman wrote:
Riding a 6’10” once in a lifetime to a few 1A state titles doesn’t make one god’s gift to hoops.

Totally inappropriate comments. I thought personal attacks were the number one way to get banned. So why are you still here?

Posters like you are the reason I left Scout.
:rofl: Please.....