ESPN scrolling that Dean Wade is now doubtful for the tourney

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Hypeman

Re: ESPN scrolling that Dean Wade is now doubtful for the tourney

Post by Hypeman » March 18th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Frankly, I’m tired of the Dean Wade saga. It has to be a huge distraction for the whole team.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 18th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Define "good chance".

Is this the same injury he's been fighting this year? If so, what treatments would he be taking?

SkeeterZX190

Post by SkeeterZX190 » March 18th, 2019, 10:44 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 9:40 pm
Define "good chance".

Is this the same injury he's been fighting this year? If so, what treatments would he be taking?
I'm not 100% certain, but it's not the same foot that was hurt earlier this year. It's the foot that sidelined him last year.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » March 18th, 2019, 10:52 pm

SkeeterZX190 wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 10:44 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 9:40 pm
Define "good chance".

I'm not 100% certain, but it's not the same foot that was hurt earlier this year. It's the foot that sidelined him last year.
It is the same foot he hurt earlier this year and not the one with the stress fracture last year. But it’s not the same injury. And if you hear someone say right now that they know whether he’s playing or not I would advise not to put much faith in what is said.....because nobody knows yet.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 19th, 2019, 7:29 am

Puffdad wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 10:52 pm
SkeeterZX190 wrote:

It is the same foot he hurt earlier this year and not the one with the stress fracture last year. But it’s not the same injury. And if you hear someone say right now that they know whether he’s playing or not I would advise not to put much faith in what is said.....because nobody knows yet.
I appreciate you giving us the "real scoop" Puffdad. So many rumors floating around, it's hard to know what to believe.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 19th, 2019, 7:51 am

Puffdad wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 10:52 pm
SkeeterZX190 wrote:

Good grief. I never knew a foot could be so complicated. I have a cousin who's 6-9, 6-10. He had feet problems, right at the end of high school. Ended up being something like a 6th toe on 1 foot that didn't extend of something. After several operations, they finally got him fixed. What I thought was strange there was it took till he was like a senior in high school before anyone really knew he had something wrong.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 19th, 2019, 9:31 am

Hypeman wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:29 pm
If he’s unable to play, his draft status will hit the toilet.
Playing or not playing in this tournament will not make a major impact, but being a big kid with chronic foot problems...the damage to his draft status was probably done.

No chance he goes in the 1st round and pretty slim chance he goes in the 2nd. There might be a team that loves his skill-set and doesn't want to take the chance on him getting his choice as a free agent, but I really doubt he gets drafted.

He will get invited to a camp and will play in the summer league. Hopefully he heals up and can show what he can do.

I'd really like to see him play 6 more games for Kansas State though!

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » March 19th, 2019, 9:50 am

Fans should be grateful (to say the least) for the contributions Dean has made in the face of these frustrating and recurring injuries. With all the medical advances in knee and elbow surgery, is there not a revolutionary surgical or other treatment for his malady? He has given K-State maybe more than could reasonably have been expected. Of course it would be great if he is able to give more. Fair to ask what would have been the outcome of the Oklahoma game if he had checked out after the monster dunk.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 19th, 2019, 11:14 am

bindweed wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:23 pm
I don't understand how that the second Dean hurt his foot he didn't take himself out. I don't understand why with a lead Dean was put back in the game at all. He probably did the most damage playing on it after he tweaked his foot.
the b12 championship was a tremendous accomplishment, clearly a major goal. i can see why dean said to himself, "i need to play this out." winning it, for me and maybe the team, was more important than the ncaa because the likelihood of this team going to the final four is pretty low, it is for most any team. so, that's why i can understand him playing ou out to the championship celebration. that ring and banner are more sacred than a S16 or E8 loss.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 19th, 2019, 12:19 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 11:14 am
bindweed wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:23 pm
I don't understand how that the second Dean hurt his foot he didn't take himself out. I don't understand why with a lead Dean was put back in the game at all. He probably did the most damage playing on it after he tweaked his foot.
the b12 championship was a tremendous accomplishment, a goal. i can see why dean said to himself, "i need to play this out." winning it, for me and maybe the team, was more important than the ncaa because the likelihood of this team going to the final four is pretty low, it is for most any team. so, that's why i can understand him playing ou out to the championship celebration. that ring and banner are just as sacred as a S16 or E8 loss.
If that's the case, then he made the right choice.

We (the fans and the team) should go forward as if he is not playing. And if he does, what are we going to get? The no-practice, no confidence, rusty Dean? The team needs to focus on what they can do to win this next game playing the lineup we used in the Big 12 Tournament and last year's NCAA Tournament.

I really don't think that lightning strikes twice in the same place, so I'm not expecting another Elite 8. I'm happy we won the conference and stopped KU's streak. Given the circumstances with injuries, and the 0-2 start, that should be enough for all of us to cherish and be proud of. It's too bad that so many basketball fans place such importance on a few games in the NCAA Tournament and are left with a bad taste after losing the final game of the season. Sixty-seven really good teams are all in the same boat.

Reflection and perspective ... it will come in it's own time.