'Cats vs 'Clones

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
bhoovy
Posts: 1915
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 90 times

Re: 'Cats vs 'Clones

Post by bhoovy » March 15th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Wyldkatz wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:45 pm
2nd chance points for ISU killed us. Rebound the ball. That said, we still gave this away with a real good chance to win it. When we are up 55-50 with the ball and launch 3pt shots 3 straight possessions for the dagger instead getting it to the rim to go up 3 scores. As experienced as this team is, they still dont seem to know when a 3 is a good shot and when it's not. I cant think of 3 losses this year where we had 20+ empty possessions because we just wanted to shoot 3s.
Yep those hurt bad. We had 3 on 2 twice and settled for a 3. But on one of those is also when the ISU player went over Sneeds back and knocked him down. Horrible no call. They got a run out layup from it and we should have been at the line.

The refs did play a major role in the outcome of tonight’s game.
These users liked bhoovy for the post:
ksudenny (March 15th, 2019, 9:28 pm)

powercat5000
Posts: 650
Joined: September 16th, 2013, 4:53 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by powercat5000 » March 15th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Wyldkatz wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:45 pm
2nd chance points for ISU killed us. Rebound the ball. That said, we still gave this away with a real good chance to win it. When we are up 55-50 with the ball and launch 3pt shots 3 straight possessions for the dagger instead getting it to the rim to go up 3 scores. As experienced as this team is, they still dont seem to know when a 3 is a good shot and when it's not. I cant think of 3 losses this year where we had 20+ empty possessions because we just wanted to shoot 3s.
It frustrates me when Barry (who is great at midrange jumpers) passes up wide open shots around the elbow and kicks out to teammates that end up clanging threes.

Ksustephens
Posts: 514
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 6:52 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Ksustephens » March 15th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Hopefully this is big learning moment how to close out games - I guess we wouldn’t be talking about this loss if maybe even one of those last three go in but when you have an advantage in the paint you have to to rim - the 5 pt lead could have been 9 pts with a couple of minutes if played correctly - oh well this team was gassed and short- handed and tomorrow could have been really ugly. Now an extra day of rest is really needed

bhoovy
Posts: 1915
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 90 times

Post by bhoovy » March 15th, 2019, 8:57 pm

We did have balanced scoring from our starting 5 as they all had double digits. X and Cartier also had 7 rebounds each.

But we got a big goose egg from our bench. That doesn’t help.

bhoovy
Posts: 1915
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 90 times

Post by bhoovy » March 15th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Ksustephens wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:53 pm
Hopefully this is big learning moment how to close out games - I guess we wouldn’t be talking about this loss if maybe even one of those last three go in but when you have an advantage in the paint you have to to rim - the 5 pt lead could have been 9 pts with a couple of minutes if played correctly - oh well this team was gassed and short- handed and tomorrow could have been really ugly. Now an extra day of rest is really needed
I don’t think this group really has to have any more lessons about closing out. They know they need to and now to. It just doesn’t always work out. The other team has a say in it.

Lots of could have should have for both teams. lard dropped two long passes that could have been dunks.

GoCats
Posts: 85
Joined: January 12th, 2019, 12:37 pm
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by GoCats » March 15th, 2019, 9:14 pm

KU fans mistreating Barry quite a bit in their message boards

Ksustephens
Posts: 514
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 6:52 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Ksustephens » March 15th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Why even look at KU message boards - sad pathetic T-shirt fans that live their lives through their basketball team who is collection of paid players - only thing those people have
These users liked Ksustephens for the post (total 2):
GoCats (March 15th, 2019, 9:27 pm) • ksudenny (March 15th, 2019, 9:31 pm)

Ksuminnesotacat
Posts: 395
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 9:56 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » March 15th, 2019, 9:21 pm

GoCats wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 9:14 pm
KU fans mistreating Barry quite a bit in their message boards
They aught to worry about the task at hand! :wvu:
These users liked Ksuminnesotacat for the post:
GoCats (March 15th, 2019, 9:28 pm)

WichitaCat
Posts: 68
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:59 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by WichitaCat » March 15th, 2019, 9:25 pm

Post game Presser - Weber, Barry and Cartier starts at 19:25 minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrVL292sHbI
These users liked WichitaCat for the post:
GoCats (March 15th, 2019, 9:36 pm)

bhoovy
Posts: 1915
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 90 times

Post by bhoovy » March 15th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Thanks Wichita

Post Reply