'Cats vs 'Clones

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

'Cats vs 'Clones

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 15th, 2019, 10:36 am

Can't help it, the pessimist in me expects Iowa State to shoot about 70% from deep this evening.

Regardless, GO CATS!

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » March 15th, 2019, 10:53 am

ISU shooting well from deep will decide the game, as ISU lives and dies by the 3. They're a smoke and mirrors kind of team that can look good or bad depending on their 3 ball. ISU is shooting 36.8% on the season. Keep them to that %, or lower and we will win handily. Allow them to shoot 45% and up and we'll need an elite shooting performance of our own, to win.

ISU is very inconsistent at best. Play the 3pt line tight, make every deep shot tough. We are the better team most nights, so I like our odds. Lets just hope they aren't shooting out of their minds, like the last meeting.

KSURFC8

Post by KSURFC8 » March 15th, 2019, 10:59 am

So you're saying that coaching will decide this game? Can BW scheme a D to prevent them from taking advantage of their strength and have the correct players on the floor to execute.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 15th, 2019, 10:59 am

Agreed, either way I'm looking forward to what I simply view as "bonus basketball".

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 15th, 2019, 11:35 am

KsJoey wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:53 am
ISU shooting well from deep will decide the game, as ISU lives and dies by the 3. They're a smoke and mirrors kind of team that can look good or bad depending on their 3 ball. ISU is shooting 36.8% on the season. Keep them to that %, or lower and we will win handily. Allow them to shoot 45% and up and we'll need an elite shooting performance of our own, to win.

ISU is very inconsistent at best. Play the 3pt line tight, make every deep shot tough. We are the better team most nights, so I like our odds. Lets just hope they aren't shooting out of their minds, like the last meeting.

I don't know about winning handily. They have a talented team, not just 3-point shooters. Two of their guys, maybe three are potential NBA players ... not just because they can shoot treys. We'll need to hold them to at or below their average, but let's not neglect the fact that they have athletes who can also drive it.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 15th, 2019, 11:44 am

Lindell Wigginton and Marial Shayok being the two biggest concerns to take the ball to the basket.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » March 15th, 2019, 12:07 pm

I agree, that they definitely do have talented players that can do more than 3pt shooting. However, they will take a large # of 3's whether they are hitting or not. Make those shots from deep tough, and I really like our chances. Taking their 3pt game away should be the main focus on defense IMO.

Wildwilly73

Post by Wildwilly73 » March 15th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Iowa State rarely shoots like they did last night two games in a row as a team. Shayok is always dangerous and has to be kept in check. He has temper, get him mad and to fouling. Get his butt set on the bench with fouls! Barry, Kam, Mike and Cartier all need to drive to the basket. Get fouls called on Wiggington and Shayrok.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 15th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Shayok and Horton-Tucker present a bit of match-up problem was well because of their size, Xavier can guard one but the other is likely going to have a substantial size advantage....

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 15th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Since both won on the others court, home court with this game may not mean much, but I wonder which has the louder crowd