fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Hypeman

Re: fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

Post by Hypeman » April 10th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Zoltar wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 8:01 pm
So now, maybe you can see why some of us are so pissed at the thought of KU getting away with this blatant cheating.

They need to get slapped hard for this and Self out of college basketball. Some of this sounds much like SMU football in the day.

What did Baylor do a few years ago that the Bid 12 did not let them play out of conference games and I think was banned from the post season? This KU thing is worse than that was.
Worse than “Murder”? Really? KU has done some bad stuff, but Baylor, that’s the rankest of scum.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 10th, 2019, 11:36 pm

Zoltar wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 7:32 pm
learnin, I understand most all of this. Had bronchitis in Feb 2018. It would not go away, or at least I thought. First week of May went to emergent care and was sent to the ER. I had Afib. They did not catch the PVC issue for months. (PVC is not plastic pipe in this case)

I had a botched ablation last November. Changed hospitals and have had one ablation that corrected my Afib and another to try to correct my PVC issue. It did not work as the area is too close to a vein. Three weeks later in hospital to try meds to correct PVC or at least make it controllable.

I am much better and returning to work on Monday, but the doctor talked to me today about the results from the heart monitor I wore at the end of last week. He is concerned I am still having too many PVC episodes. He thinks I may need another ablation that is only done in about 6 hospitals in the country. I may be off to Chicago or Rochester in a few weeks.

I do feel much better than I have in months. Mine is not deadly but sure makes life no fun at times.

A war or not being drafted, your health and KSU. Sometimes there are many things that bind us.
Yessir, that's for sure. Obviously, your pvc's are due to an electrical issue from what you relate. I was troubled for years, with pvc's, even after my ablation. I read an article one day about soda depleting magnesium in your body. I began taking a magnesium supplement and the pvc's went away. In your case, it will probably take an ablation. Zoltar, I took my wife to Rochester several years back and I was extremely impressed. I hope everything works out for you.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 11th, 2019, 12:50 am

Thank you and check your PM.
Win the dang day!

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » April 11th, 2019, 6:07 am

Is it any coincidence that the best NCAA tournament in years featured only one scumbag in the Final 4? And a lesser scumbag, a kind of wanna be scumbag, at that. THat's what's really tragic about this. The so-called stewards of the game do all they can to wreck it because they think its success depends on marketing brands like K and Zion. It's the greatest game in the world and they just can't leave it alone and let it speak for itself. I hope to God the ratings this year were out of sight so maybe they can change their minds. But I bet they weren't; and they won't. The lovers of the game will always watch. The additional 20% or whatever who tune in because their Aunt Tilly has heard about what a great guy Coach Self is-that's all profit.

Here's another take. I went to first round regional games and sat next to a wonderful lady from Lawrence-a real fan. It wasn't KU's region but she had family reasons for being in town. She'd been a KU season ticket holder for many years until the demand for $$ donations priced her out of the market. She'd rather watch on TV than sit in the cheap seats. You'd think she'd be a tiny bit bitter, but she wasn't. Maybe in part because she was Kansas nice, I couldn't go into my full court Self rant so we just talked around the subject a bit. Her take was it was completely unfair that a guy loses 2 years of KU eligibility b/c a shoe guy paid his uncle-not him, his uncle-$2,500. And in a way she's right, it isn't fair. Zion probably lived in the dorm, not in the fabled $800k house in Durham that Duke is now "looking into." It's so sad.

On the other non-cardiac matter filtering into this thread (thanks tho to Zoltar and Learnin for sharing their acquired wisdom on the cardiac stuff), my solution to the Vietnam deal was to enlist in the Air Force. I figured 4 years at a desk was better than 4 minutes in the jungle, a judgment I still hold to this day. But it was a long 4 years, for nothing in terms of our national interest. Vietnam now turning out those Nike shoes for Zion. Scam perpetuating scam.

Funny how contemplating the way crooks spoil something you love brings out the philosopher in all of us slugs!

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » April 11th, 2019, 7:02 am

Highway26north wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 6:07 am
Is it any coincidence that the best NCAA tournament in years featured only one scumbag in the Final 4? And a lesser scumbag, a kind of wanna be scumbag, at that. THat's what's really tragic about this. The so-called stewards of the game do all they can to wreck it because they think its success depends on marketing brands like K and Zion. It's the greatest game in the world and they just can't leave it alone and let it speak for itself. I hope to God the ratings this year were out of sight so maybe they can change their minds. But I bet they weren't; and they won't. The lovers of the game will always watch. The additional 20% or whatever who tune in because their Aunt Tilly has heard about what a great guy Coach Self is-that's all profit.

Here's another take. I went to first round regional games and sat next to a wonderful lady from Lawrence-a real fan. It wasn't KU's region but she had family reasons for being in town. She'd been a KU season ticket holder for many years until the demand for $$ donations priced her out of the market. She'd rather watch on TV than sit in the cheap seats. You'd think she'd be a tiny bit bitter, but she wasn't. Maybe in part because she was Kansas nice, I couldn't go into my full court Self rant so we just talked around the subject a bit. Her take was it was completely unfair that a guy loses 2 years of KU eligibility b/c a shoe guy paid his uncle-not him, his uncle-$2,500. And in a way she's right, it isn't fair. Zion probably lived in the dorm, not in the fabled $800k house in Durham that Duke is now "looking into." It's so sad.

On the other non-cardiac matter filtering into this thread (thanks tho to Zoltar and Learnin for sharing their acquired wisdom on the cardiac stuff), my solution to the Vietnam deal was to enlist in the Air Force. I figured 4 years at a desk was better than 4 minutes in the jungle, a judgment I still hold to this day. But it was a long 4 years, for nothing in terms of our national interest. Vietnam now turning out those Nike shoes for Zion. Scam perpetuating scam.

Funny how contemplating the way crooks spoil something you love brings out the philosopher in all of us slugs!
Not for one second should you feel sorry for a situation like you mentioned above. They families of these kids, and the kids themselves, KNOW/KNEW what is going on. And they also KNOW it is WRONG. As someone once said, there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.
And the families AND the kids KNOW they are doing the WRONG thing. They just thought they'd continue to get away with it. I hope the NCAA grows a pair, and the federal government actually steps up and enforces the law. Period.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » April 11th, 2019, 7:16 am

I know; I agree.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 11th, 2019, 8:54 am

drafted, volunteered, spent '68-'69 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmCbIgzUVc
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » April 11th, 2019, 9:45 am

Thank you.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » April 14th, 2019, 8:37 pm

This really gets me boiling. How can they let these clowns stay in the game? It sure looks like cheatin' Bill may get away with all this as well.

The NCAA must put an end to the semi-pro basketball that is played at some schools. This bothers me more than the troll not being banned yet and that does not leave much room at the top.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... aa-meeting
Win the dang day!

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » April 14th, 2019, 10:40 pm

I really fell in hook, line, and sinker on this investigation....joke’s on me. I should’ve known this would end up being “big” news with few people taking the fall.
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins