Ask Fran

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
Highway26north
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Ask Fran

Post by Highway26north » February 10th, 2019, 9:32 am

In the unlikely event that the NCAA ever does lower the boom on the "elite" programs exposed in this investigation, we all better retreat to our bomb shelters because there will be a thermonuclear explosion at ESPN, CBS and among the commentariat. I can see and hear Stephen A even as I type this! I realize college hoops is not his beat but he can quickly become the world's leading authority with 5 minutes of homework.

CrazyCat
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by CrazyCat » February 10th, 2019, 10:01 am

i'm almost to the conspiracy stage with espn. yes, fran has gone full 180 on k-state. i tweeted him the other day: "get off the ku bus, francis."

last night during highlights, espn did the ku game and isu game but not the game between the league leaders. i just blurted "wth?"

that said, jon scambi is my favorite play-by-play guy. i thought he did a splendid call tuesday. and the nba guys brought a fresh perspective. that crew worked well for me.

finally, most people believe desousa is taking the fall for self and ku. i'm in that cabal myself.

Tbonespop
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 144 times

Post by Tbonespop » February 10th, 2019, 10:19 am

I just hope we don’t get rated in the top 25 anytime soon. This team reads their press clippings too much. I like it when we have a chip on our shoulder. I know it’s going to happen after a couple of big wins. Just wish we would mysteriously stay ranked 26th the rest of the season. The Cats play super tough when they are disrespected and they stumble as soon as they are.

learnin
Has liked: 376 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by learnin » February 10th, 2019, 1:24 pm

CrazyCat wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 10:01 am
i'm almost to the conspiracy stage with espn. yes, fran has gone full 180 on k-state. i tweeted him the other day: "get off the ku bus, francis."

last night during highlights, espn did the ku game and isu game but not the game between the league leaders. i just blurted "wth?"

that said, jon scambi is my favorite play-by-play guy. i thought he did a splendid call tuesday. and the nba guys brought a fresh perspective. that crew worked well for me.

finally, most people believe desousa is taking the fall for self and ku. i'm in that cabal myself.
My gosh, you noticed that too! Check my post over on another thread, I just sit back and smile... I couldn't believe it. K-State wins 8th conference game in a row, sitting all by itself in the lead, and they talk about Iowa State and KU.

wild@nite
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by wild@nite » February 10th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Why are you watching ESPN anytime other than to watch a game would be my question? You know who the attention is going to go to in bball and football so why are you still subjecting yourself?
Life is good without the goofy highlights and ridiculous talking heads. Try it.
These users liked wild@nite for the post:
hilltopwildcat (February 10th, 2019, 4:48 pm)

tmcats
Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 289 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 11th, 2019, 12:49 pm

learnin wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 1:24 pm
CrazyCat wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 10:01 am

My gosh, you noticed that too! Check my post over on another thread, I just sit back and smile... I couldn't believe it. K-State wins 8th conference game in a row, sitting all by itself in the lead, and they talk about Iowa State and KU.
i believe francis is in a "fix ku relationship" mindset. perhaps, espn management helped him define the objective. he's gone out of his way to minimize k-state's accomplishments this year, particularly on twitter. :roll:

ps: the crazycat post above was mine using son's pc. sorry.
These users liked tmcats for the post:
learnin (February 11th, 2019, 1:44 pm)
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

Highway26north
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Highway26north » February 11th, 2019, 2:57 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 2:03 pm
Why are you watching ESPN anytime other than to watch a game would be my question? You know who the attention is going to go to in bball and football so why are you still subjecting yourself?
Life is good without the goofy highlights and ridiculous talking heads. Try it.
Wild-I watch on the treadmill. Usually mid-morning. It's that or the fixer-uppers or Judge Judy (or whoever replaced her). But all they ever talk about is the NBA. Where's Anthony Davis goin'? etc. Come to think of it I should go back and try to find Judge Judy.
These users liked Highway26north for the post:
hilltopwildcat (February 11th, 2019, 7:13 pm)

Wyldkatz
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by Wyldkatz » February 12th, 2019, 7:47 am

Last night during the ku/TCU game, Fran said if ku won that game they would win at least a share of the conference championship. Let's make a liar out of him. Just keep winning and it doesnt matter what everyone else does!

hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 122 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 12th, 2019, 10:00 am

Wyldkatz wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 7:47 am
Last night during the ku/TCU game, Fran said if ku won that game they would win at least a share of the conference championship. Let's make a liar out of him. Just keep winning and it doesnt matter what everyone else does!
Fran Nostradamus. I had the sound very low and finally killed it because of the slobfest.

PurpleOnWhite
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by PurpleOnWhite » February 12th, 2019, 10:07 am

He said the Big 12 championship is still off I-70. I agree!