Been thanked: 0

Re: The force is powerful and mysterious

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 11th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Did you watch the first 25 minutes?

learnin

Post by learnin » January 11th, 2019, 3:59 pm

Wyldkatz wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Thought at least 3 of Mawiens fouls were bad calls and if he was a "name" big they wouldnt have been called. Even a couple of Loves were very questionable. Stockard on the other hand was 5 legitimate fouls. He plays alot more with his arms and body than his feet.
They were looking to call our bigs for fouls. I’m sorry for getting on the refs, but in a game they allowed to be rough, they treated our bigs like they had a deadly virus. In a game where elbows to the chest were greeted with a friendly smile, they wouldn’t allow our bigs to get close to a WV player. Something tells me that Huggs pressed the issue from the Virgo because his advantage lies with the inside game

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 11th, 2019, 4:34 pm

learnin wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:59 pm
Wyldkatz wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Thought at least 3 of Mawiens fouls were bad calls and if he was a "name" big they wouldnt have been called. Even a couple of Loves were very questionable. Stockard on the other hand was 5 legitimate fouls. He plays alot more with his arms and body than his feet.
They were looking to call our bigs for fouls. I’m sorry for getting on the refs, but in a game they allowed to be rough, they treated our bigs like they had a deadly virus. In a game where elbows to the chest were greeted with a friendly smile, they wouldn’t allow our bigs to get close to a WV player. Something tells me that Huggs pressed the issue from the Virgo because his advantage lies with the inside game
I’ve never understood why huggy gets the calls in Bramlage but he certainly does.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » January 11th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:32 pm
wazucat wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 1:17 pm
The head coach deserves credit when his team wins and he deserves blame when his team loses. Winning will silence Bruce Weber's critics, nothing else will. Jim Wooldridge was a really nice guy and his teams played hard for him but his teams could not win, winning is all that matters.

That is a fine and dandy attitude, but the problem is many, many fans just never tend to get around to the giving credit part, and if they do, it is usually with some reluctance or some "reasons" why a coach won, like that the opponent was over-rated or whatever. The blame comes real easy for many, but the credit sure seems hard for most.

If what you say is true, how come there was so much consternation about Weber and the offense, etc after Wednesdays game?? It was a win, but many continued to gripe and moan about the first 25 minutes??
I think it's because for the vast majority of the game, the offense was horrendous... just like the vast majority of the season so far. The team has been a huge disappointment and there's been justifiably far more "blame" than "credit" deserved from fans. The WVU game was possibly the worst 24minutes of offense I've ever seen a Kstate team play. And the bigmen were possibly as ineffective as I've ever seen at KSU. I think there has also been a fair amount of credit being given as well. The defense was outstanding and has been mostly all year, and Weber deserves a lot of that. It's been the only thing keeping us from getting blown out, most games. Weber is a great defensive coach. Barry put the team on his shoulders like we all know he can do and played up to his preseason 1st team selection, McGuil broke out for the 1st time this season in a way we've been hoping he would since Creighton last year. To come back from 21 points is incredible, it's historic, and hopefully these guys can build from it. But at the same point, there are plenty of huge concerns that continue with this team on the offensive side. And yes, winning cures it... which has especially and even unjustifiably been true for Weber who has has always been relatively unpopular amongst KSU fans. Just my 2 cents. Go Cats

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » January 11th, 2019, 4:50 pm

Hypeman wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:34 pm
learnin wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:59 pm

I’ve never understood why huggy gets the calls in Bramlage but he certainly does.
Huggy works the refs well. Same with Self. It takes a certain demeanor and some coaches really excel at it a lot better than others.

learnin

Post by learnin » January 11th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
wazucat wrote:
The head coach deserves credit when his team wins and he deserves blame when his team loses. Winning will silence Bruce Weber's critics, nothing else will. Jim Wooldridge was a really nice guy and his teams played hard for him but his teams could not win, winning is all that matters.

That is a fine and dandy attitude, but the problem is many, many fans just never tend to get around to the giving credit part, and if they do, it is usually with some reluctance or some "reasons" why a coach won, like that the opponent was over-rated or whatever. The blame comes real easy for many, but the credit sure seems hard for most.

If what you say is true, how come there was so much consternation about Weber and the offense, etc after Wednesdays game?? It was a win, but many continued to gripe and moan about the first 25 minutes??
Valid points. When Weber won a conference championship, he didn’t get credit. It was Frank’s players. When Marcus Foster decided to loaf, it was
Weber’s fault. He didn’t handle him right.

He was condemned for not winning a tournament game. He goes to elite 8, it was a fluke.... luck.

He loses two of his best scorers, he should have had more depth.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » January 11th, 2019, 5:27 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
wazucat wrote:

Bruce Weber is an employee of KSU's AD, he makes 20X times the income of most of the KSU fans and alumni that follow his program, ie his customer base. Think of your local electrical utility, how many times do you give credit to the CEO for having electricity available as needed- but on the other hand would you not scream bloody murder when the power is off even if it because there is an ice storm of the century happening, rightfully so because the CEO is not doing his job, is it fair probably not.

If Bruce can not accept the "unfair" criticism that follows losing then he needs to find another line of work and give up his $2 mil a year gravy train.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 11th, 2019, 5:28 pm

I give Bruce all the credit in the world for that Conference Championship. I'm quite certain we wouldn't have gotten there with Frank at the helm...largely because he would have lost a few of those players.

The Foster Fiasco blame goes squarely on Foster and Weber....they both have to own it. Sorry, but it's just my opinion so what does it really matter.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 11th, 2019, 8:35 pm

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » January 12th, 2019, 12:26 pm

I think all of our problems this year is that we have shot it like crap. Particularly bad from 3 but bad everywhere. WTH? I am nearing retirement age and shoot 3s for exercise and because I have always loved basketball. I normally shoot a 100 3s and see how many I can make. I hadn't shot a basketball for 3 or 4 months and shot 60 out of 100 then 67 out of 100. Thats pretty good for me. These guys live in a gym. Its just not that hard. They have shown in the past that they can shoot. But they are very inconsistent and you never know who will show up. Just when Kam started to heat up he was injured again. Is it just bad luck, the force? Maybe but I think there is more to it. Shooting FTs and open 3s just isn't that hard. I think it is mental. These guys need more confidence and I think that is largely on the coaches. We have to improve here to have success.