A little more statistical analysis because I know how much everyone loves it.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
wazucat

A little more statistical analysis because I know how much everyone loves it.

Post by wazucat » January 3rd, 2019, 7:46 pm

"Here are the top 25 finishes in Kenpom the last six years by Big 12 teams since Bruce Weber took the k-state job:

Kansas (6)*
Oklahoma St (3)
Iowa St (4)*
West Virginia (4)
Baylor (3)
Oklahoma (2)
Texas Tech (1)*
TCU (1)*
Texas (1)
Kansas St (0)

*currently a top-25 level team.

largely, k-state has been about a mid-40s level program. they've been better, and they've been worse. but mostly, they've been in the range of their seven-season average of #46"

The above information is stolen from a post on another site that shall remain nameless.

So is Bruce Weber's norm the first season at KSU Big 12 co-champs or is it last years season as KSU Elite 8 team or is it the complete clusterf**k two seasons in big 12 cellar???

I think the answer is none of the above. Bruce is just a so so mediocre coach putting out a mediocre product, who gets a pass from a lot of fans because he does not cheat and does not bring negative publicity to KSU , has that strong midwest work ethic, works really hard recruiting mediocre players that buy into his blue collar defensive schemes and muddle through with his mediocre to brutally bad offenses.

Flame away it's just my opinion.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » January 3rd, 2019, 8:32 pm

I'd say that's a pretty fair analysis. It's becoming obvious this team got hot and at the end of last year and took advantage of some good draws in the tourney. I had high expectations for this year but at this point I'm just hoping to be on the bubble.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"