KSU vs UT Jan 1st at the Bram

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Sir Ocelot

Re: KSU vs UT Jan 1st at the Bram

Post by Sir Ocelot » January 3rd, 2019, 2:15 pm

The FT shooting has been poor which would be characteristic of a poor-shooting team. Last night, our guys were 7 - 14. The rotational players that seem to have underperformed so far this year are McGuirl, Diarra, Sneed and Trice.

I'm trying to not get too happy when our team wins or too unhappy when we lose. I can't do anything about it and there are much more important things in life and in the world.

I'll even let the coaches and players worry about next year too. I don't understand the point of writing off the rest of this season AND next season. However, if anyone wants to wallow in misery, feel free to do so.

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » January 3rd, 2019, 2:25 pm

On the bright side, the guys only lost by 20, unlike the girls who lost by 38.............woof woof

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 3rd, 2019, 5:04 pm

I sit there and watch and think exactly like Richard, this looks like a Snyder 2.0 offense. Is the goal to score or merely run clock so the opponent doesn't have it for 30 seconds?

I find it entirely possible that we beat UT with Dean and Stokes although I wouldn't guarantee it. They had size to counter Dean. Kam runs hot and cold so who knows for sure? As for Shaka, well......

As someone who screams for Dean to shoot the ball 40 times a game, I would also like to see this team run. I do think we make layups and with a little space are more than adequate drivers. And who better to distribute the ball, run up the floor and finish than Dean Wade?

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » January 3rd, 2019, 5:22 pm

I agree, hilltop. It's often like watching our past football teams play "not to lose". We play tight and we think way too much.

powercat95

Post by powercat95 » January 4th, 2019, 1:04 pm

I don't know why this team is shooting so poorly. The mid-range shots were just awful, I was there sitting in the rafters and you could tell many of the shots were off as soon as they were released. One strange thing is that we actually shot better % from 3 than inside the arc (32.4% vs 33.3%). Of course Texas shot MUCH better from 3 than from 2.

It was absolutely maddening when we were down about 10 with about 3 minutes to go to watch us run clock and repeatedly pass up open 3 pt shots. It appears none of our players want to shoot-I wonder if it is a confidence problem or something else. I mean, shoot the damn ball-if we hit a couple we have a slim chance. If we hold the ball we have 0% chance. Anyway, very frustrating.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » January 5th, 2019, 10:17 pm

pipe95 wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 2:25 pm
On the bright side, the guys only lost by 20, unlike the girls who lost by 38.............woof woof
The guys will lose by 38 to KU if they keep the current state of affairs going. No doubt.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.