Conference minutes per game next year

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
xtrawildcat

Re: Conference minutes per game next year

Post by xtrawildcat » April 7th, 2018, 7:24 pm

Another player we always forget is Patrick Muldoon. Six foot 7, D1 experience and just spent a year workiing on his body and his game.
8.8 rebounds per 40 at Eastern Illinois playing at 210 lbs. Played 20 miinutes a game and started 11 games his sophomore year.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » April 7th, 2018, 7:55 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:This is a full game video of Trice against Lakeland Community College. You have to move to about half way through the video before the game starts. I think Trice had 30 and 15 rebounds in this game. However, after watching this, I would anticipate him getting 15 minutes a game as an energy rebounder off the bench. Hope that I am wrong about that and he can play longer minutes at a higher level. To me, he looks like a smaller version of DJ as most of what I see him do is below the rim. For reference, number 21 for Lakeland is 6 ft 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B0Kuvgd2HA
Watched about half of the game so obviously very limited evaluation. (But when has that stopped me?): positives - great nose for rebounds and goes and gets them aggressively. Showed really good straight ahead quickness a couple of different times. Strong body. Can finish. Not so positive - ole’ defense a few times. Looked to tire easily. Very limited offense shown. What I don’t know is if he has good enough lateral quickness to guard on the perimeter or if he has any offense beyond 2 feet.

WildPurpleKittyKat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WildPurpleKittyKat » April 7th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Hi Everyone!

Dean "Tailormade" Wade = 32.1 mpg
Barry ""Shutdown" Brown = 34.3 mpg
Xavier "The Savior" Sneed = 29.8 mpg
Kam "The Man" Stokes = 23.6 mpg
Cartier "The Gift" Diarra = 18.6 mpg
Makol "Iron Man" Mawien = 20.8
Mike "Special-M" McGuirl" = 21.5 mpg
Austin "The Enforcer" Trice = 17.8 mpg
(end of like the game free throw shooting is important to minutes/could be +20) wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!

Still hope to add another shooter as GS. :)

PurpleKittyKatxo :)
Meow

Night everyone!
The journey starts today. Minneapolis 2019 will be here before you know it!

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 7th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Kitty got it right. No contest.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 7th, 2018, 10:05 pm

learnin wrote:
Puffdad wrote:Everybody feel free to post your minutes. Of course injuries or something else unexpected could throw everybody off. But it’ll be fun to look back on. I can tell you I feel like a kid in a candy sore because I just think we found the missing link to make us really, really good.
Coming from you, puffdad, it means a lot to me that you're excited about this pick up. When I see him standing next to Brad Korn, he appears to have decent size. Now, he needs to get into the gym over the summer and work his arse off. It would be huge if he could be an effective rebounder and give some real productive minutes. The only thing I would change, in your minute breakdown, is Makol and Austin. I would switch their minutes at this point in time.
I was very impressed with his athleticism and physicality as I mentioned last week. But I must confess I probably cheated a little bit. I talked to a couple guys after the banquet the other night that were super excited with his possible contributions. And they have a lot more pull with who gets to play than I do. And I have zero! I basically gave Mak the same amount of minutes that he got this year including the last two games when we were without Dean or any other post who the coaches wanted to see on the floor. We played with 5 guards a lot and Mak played 19 minutes against Loyola and 22 against Kentucky. And not because of foul trouble.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 7th, 2018, 10:36 pm

Trice will have to play a lot harder and faster than he did in that full game video. I think that was a November game and he wasn't in very good game shappe but his effort in that game won't get it done. I would say that it looked like if he had really busted it in that game, he could have done a lot of things. Jogging up and down the court on both ends was not so impressive to me.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 7th, 2018, 10:44 pm

I would agree that the highlight video captured more energy than the game video. Which is typical. That’s why it’s called a highlight video. They hopefully can bust tail for 20-25 minutes a game which Is a decent amount of time for a big guy.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » April 8th, 2018, 8:13 am

For the conference and maybe "big" games, I think we'll see a lot of minutes for Dean, Barry and X. We should be set at guard. I see a very versatile team that can make a lot of situation substitutions IF Trice is what everyone is expecting. I think it will be a conscious effort on the coach's part to keep Dean's minutes more reasonable. It wouldn't surprise me to see Barry put up more 40 minute games although I don't think that is necessary either.

It looks to me like Mawein and Stockard are the 2 posts the staff is counting on. If Shadd and Love don't get it by now, and playing time indicates they may not, it may be time to recruit over them. It's a rough business but it may be in all parties' interest to move on.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 8th, 2018, 8:25 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:For the conference and maybe "big" games, I think we'll see a lot of minutes for Dean, Barry and X. We should be set at guard. I see a very versatile team that can make a lot of situation substitutions IF Trice is what everyone is expecting. I think it will be a conscious effort on the coach's part to keep Dean's minutes more reasonable. It wouldn't surprise me to see Barry put up more 40 minute games although I don't think that is necessary either.

It looks to me like Mawein and Stockard are the 2 posts the staff is counting on. If Shadd and Love don't get it by now, and playing time indicates they may not, it may be time to recruit over them. It's a rough business but it may be in all parties' interest to move on.
Shadd was injured and most likely will recieve a redshirt for this year. Playing time indicated nothing this year.
Love was injured and did not even get full practices for the first time in his career until around December. Then Weber said they played mostly on the scout team so he would get more conditioning minutes. Lets see if he can get his body toughened up over summer and have some potential to help this team in the future. His play against Texas would indicate he at least has some potential. I like both of them a little better than Stockard but we need to see which one of those three or two of the three take the challenge and step up to be contributors.

Also, I would expect a lot of Mawien and Trice on the floor at the same time to keep Wades minutes down and lots of Wade and Trice on the floor at the same time if Trice is in shape and playing every minute on the floor at a high level..

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » April 8th, 2018, 12:18 pm

I'm way too lazy to get the minutes to add up to 200 but the one question/statement I did have revolves around Kam Stokes' minutes. Obviously we were all extremely disappointed in his play this year and many of us were never big fans of his overall game anyways. However, is there any chance Bruce tells him that his new role will be strictly a shooter? I'm done with thinking he's a true PG, he's not, it's over. He can still contribute but the best spot for him is an off the bench, 3pt shooter. Hopefully it happens!

This year is going to be amazing!!!