Hopefully people are figuring it out

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Gorhoops

Hopefully people are figuring it out

Post by Gorhoops » March 23rd, 2018, 10:31 pm

As Jay Wright went to halftime, he told Ali LaForce, “I don’t know how to handle their pressure, they are just so physical, we just don’t play anyone nearly that physical.” Then I just tune in and Gregg Marshall and Seth Davis and them are talking all about how long and athletic and physical Tech is on defense.

Maybe people will get their head out and realize the Big 12 double round robin is a meat grinder. Heck most spent the year talking about how “soft” KSU was. No one is saying that now. Nova’s veterans made tons of big plays to put together a quick 12-0 run to survive WVU, but they were in a street fight, almost literally in pregame.

Add to that what has become a great offensive team at KU and man, this league is just tough.

Maybe not a team this year with top to bottom nba talent like Duke or Michigan State or Zona, but these teams are just tough as hell and that is why we may have 3 in Elite 8.

Probably why our guys aren’t intimidated by Kentucky or anyone else.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » March 23rd, 2018, 11:36 pm

Even if all 3 lose in the Elite 8, I think this tournament has shown pretty decisively that we were top to bottom the best conference this year. Add to the quality of teams the double round robin format and it’s clear that there is no conference schedule as tough as the Big12.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 23rd, 2018, 11:36 pm

We do have 3 in the Elite 8.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 24th, 2018, 12:26 am

I'm glad you posted this, Gorhoop. Heck, last night Bias was complaining that K-State turned the Kentucky game into a street fight....Can you imagine? K-State playing four guards against Kentucky's giants and our guys turned it into a street fight and manhandled Kentucky. Yes, the round robin makes it the toughest in the nation.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 24th, 2018, 12:30 am

Gorhoops wrote:As Jay Wright went to halftime, he told Ali LaForce, “I don’t know how to handle their pressure, they are just so physical, we just don’t play anyone nearly that physical.” Then I just tune in and Gregg Marshall and Seth Davis and them are talking all about how long and athletic and physical Tech is on defense.

Maybe people will get their head out and realize the Big 12 double round robin is a meat grinder. Heck most spent the year talking about how “soft” KSU was. No one is saying that now. Nova’s veterans made tons of big plays to put together a quick 12-0 run to survive WVU, but they were in a street fight, almost literally in pregame.

Add to that what has become a great offensive team at KU and man, this league is just tough.

Maybe not a team this year with top to bottom nba talent like Duke or Michigan State or Zona, but these teams are just tough as hell and that is why we may have 3 in Elite 8.

Probably why our guys aren’t intimidated by Kentucky or anyone else.
Great post...

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » March 24th, 2018, 2:32 am

learnin wrote:I'm glad you posted this, Gorhoop. Heck, last night Bias was complaining that K-State turned the Kentucky game into a street fight....Can you imagine? K-State playing four guards against Kentucky's giants and our guys turned it into a street fight and manhandled Kentucky. Yes, the round robin makes it the toughest in the nation.
wow...

'MOMMY! they're not playing nice!' just watched the game on DVR for second time. I did not see KSU physically pushing UK around any more than UK was pushing us around. See some of Sneed's fouls.

and I've seen a lot MORE physical play in the Big XII.

you know, I was worried that quick whistles in the Big XII would lead us to early exits in the NCAA for playing soft. the NCAA where refs routinely swallow whistles and 'let them play'.

and here we have a guy who's 'been there' complaining?

:rofl:

it was all about the wrong team winning. in his world.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » March 24th, 2018, 7:11 am

I signed on this morning to make exactly this point. Big 12 looking pretty good. Purdue has the reputation of being physical in the Big Ten but they really couldn't handle Tech. Tech is a LOAD; I had them going very far Watch out for Michigan tho-when they rain 3s they are tough to beat and they rain 3s fairly often.

If Bilas was complaining about KSU being too physical, that is just in keeping with his entire philosophy of life which is that the sainted 7 or 8 should just be given free passes to the Elite 8 and everybody else's job is to lose to them and then talk about how great Coach K and Ricky P are.

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » March 24th, 2018, 9:38 am

I was talking to my buddies this morning and we were on this subject. I did not need this sort of tournament performance by the Big 12 to validate my thoughts that it is the toughest league in America particularly with full round robin. However, the national pundits and fans probably did need to see this to become atleast semi-believers.

I didn't see Bilas but Seth Greenberg has repeatedly mentioned that bc of the Big 12 grind, our teams look more prepared for these tough "physical" games.

On learnin's statement, just hilarious. Out sized and yet KState roughed it up, riiiight. Well they called a million fouls on us anyways sooooo.

thebigh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by thebigh » March 24th, 2018, 9:56 am

bilas = moron

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » March 24th, 2018, 10:44 am

Jay thinks that the K-States of the world exist only to be cannon fodder for the basketball "royalty" (Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina).