Recruiting Thread

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
Horses_n_Hoops
Posts: 156
Joined: September 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Recruiting Thread

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » May 5th, 2020, 6:51 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
What legitimate chance do we have with 5-star Aminu Mohammed from St. Louis? Anyone have the skinny on this? I see that we're "warm" along with Maryland, Georgetown, Indiana and Louisville. That's pretty stiff competition.
We hosted him for a visit in November. Doubt we’re a super serious contender but it’s cool to be in the running.

AJcat7755
Posts: 4210
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 5th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Horses_n_Hoops wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 6:51 pm
pulitzerdave wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
What legitimate chance do we have with 5-star Aminu Mohammed from St. Louis? Anyone have the skinny on this? I see that we're "warm" along with Maryland, Georgetown, Indiana and Louisville. That's pretty stiff competition.
We hosted him for a visit in November. Doubt we’re a super serious contender but it’s cool to be in the running.
I think we got with him early because of location, but he is going to draw a lot of national interest. Louisville is the leader for him right now.

bhoovy
Posts: 3203
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » May 5th, 2020, 7:59 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Horses_n_Hoops wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 6:51 pm


We hosted him for a visit in November. Doubt we’re a super serious contender but it’s cool to be in the running.
I think we got with him early because of location, but he is going to draw a lot of national interest. Louisville is the leader for him right now.
Well after we win the big 12 and go to the final 4 he’ll have the purple cats as the leader. He just better hope we still have room. 😜

pulitzerdave
Posts: 3609
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Post by pulitzerdave » May 5th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Why does Rivals FanFutureCast have us at 59% for getting this guy? He's the #2 shooting guard in the class of 2021 and the 12th rated overall. Definitely a McDonalds All-American. I watched a couple of videos of him and he's unbelievable. His athleticism and body control is off the charts. He would definitely be the best get since Beasley ... easily.

AJcat7755
Posts: 4210
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 5th, 2020, 8:06 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Why does Rivals FanFutureCast have us at 59% for getting this guy? He's the #2 shooting guard in the class of 2021 and the 12th rated overall. Definitely a McDonalds All-American. I watched a couple of videos of him and he's unbelievable. His athleticism and body control is off the charts. He would definitely be the best get since Beasley ... easily.
"FanFutureCast"

That's voted on by any user with a Rivals account. Since KSU knew about him early, a lot of fans went in there and voted, like they do with every player that gets offered.

tmcats
Posts: 9558
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 6th, 2020, 9:39 am

Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

pulitzerdave
Posts: 3609
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Post by pulitzerdave » May 6th, 2020, 11:01 am

AJcat7755 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 8:06 pm
pulitzerdave wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Why does Rivals FanFutureCast have us at 59% for getting this guy? He's the #2 shooting guard in the class of 2021 and the 12th rated overall. Definitely a McDonalds All-American. I watched a couple of videos of him and he's unbelievable. His athleticism and body control is off the charts. He would definitely be the best get since Beasley ... easily.
"FanFutureCast"

That's voted on by any user with a Rivals account. Since KSU knew about him early, a lot of fans went in there and voted, like they do with every player that gets offered.
Well, maybe he'll feel the love.

SCKSCat
Posts: 2244
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Post by SCKSCat » May 6th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Just some feel good info.
24/7 shows Lindguard as 12th ranked JUCO and 1 at his position. Also 2nd in TX
Rudi is JUCO national ranked 4, and 1 at his position.
Don't know how much to get excited, but better than no rankings like in the past

pulitzerdave
Posts: 3609
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Post by pulitzerdave » May 6th, 2020, 2:30 pm

bhoovy wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 7:59 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 7:27 pm


I think we got with him early because of location, but he is going to draw a lot of national interest. Louisville is the leader for him right now.
Well after we win the big 12 and go to the final 4 he’ll have the purple cats as the leader. He just better hope we still have room. 😜
I don't think we can afford him.

pulitzerdave
Posts: 3609
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Post by pulitzerdave » May 6th, 2020, 2:33 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 2:01 pm
Just some feel good info.
24/7 shows Lindguard as 12th ranked JUCO and 1 at his position. Also 2nd in TX
Rudi is JUCO national ranked 4, and 1 at his position.
Don't know how much to get excited, but better than no rankings like in the past
I think that's exciting. Maybe we can break the "juco mold" and get major contributions from these two. Maybe even a star will be born.

Post Reply