Recruiting Thread

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
bhoovy
Posts: 3203
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Pick 'Em

Re: Recruiting Thread

Post by bhoovy » January 28th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 12:13 pm
I saw on twitter that Miguel and his team went in and beat Oak Hill Academy at Oak Hill, first home loss for Oak Hill since like 1992 or something. Miguel went for 27 and hit a huge three late.

Some of the recruiting guys or evaluators that were at the game really praised Miguel and talked as though he will be a major impact player for the Cats. We may have a special talent on our hands the way it sounds. Put him with Gordonx2, Murphy and the other new guys and it could be something special.
Sweet. Thanks for the report.

If we can get through this year with no major injuries or departures that would be a big impact, and continue to develop and gain experience, who knows what next year could bring. UNC isn’t doing much better than us this year and they’re a blue blood with a more talented roster according to the stars.

ToledoCat#2
Posts: 4148
Joined: December 2nd, 2017, 9:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » January 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm

I'd expect improvement next year, but 2 years out we could be VERY good.

AJcat7755
Posts: 4220
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » January 28th, 2020, 4:47 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm
I'd expect improvement next year, but 2 years out we could be VERY good.
2021-2023 should be really good years if everyone sticks around. Nothing against the players that won't be here anymore, but when this young group is all upperclassmen, they could be very good with all the experience they are getting early.

Horses_n_Hoops
Posts: 156
Joined: September 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » February 2nd, 2020, 11:58 pm

Donovan Williams is now planned to visit Texas A&M on the 12th of February.

Heard that he's also getting interest from Mizzou, USC, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss. Have a feeling a Texas visit may also be on the menu.

He scored 34 points in a HS game just a few days ago.

Hoping he chooses K-State but he's definitely getting a lot of attention.

Horses_n_Hoops
Posts: 156
Joined: September 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » February 3rd, 2020, 11:10 am

After the 247 team rankings were updated, Kansas State fell to 6th in the 2020 Big12 recruiting class. Iowa State was the team that jumped us.

Overall we have a more filled out class than them, but they have the better overall recruit in Xavier Foster.

From what I've heard from Iowa State fans, they think that they'll likely add one more player to the class, just like us.

If this ranking holds up, Bruce will never have had a recruiting class in the top half of the Big12. Best result will have been 6th.

bhoovy
Posts: 3203
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 3rd, 2020, 2:03 pm

Horses_n_Hoops wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 11:10 am
After the 247 team rankings were updated, Kansas State fell to 6th in the 2020 Big12 recruiting class. Iowa State was the team that jumped us.

Overall we have a more filled out class than them, but they have the better overall recruit in Xavier Foster.

From what I've heard from Iowa State fans, they think that they'll likely add one more player to the class, just like us.

If this ranking holds up, Bruce will never have had a recruiting class in the top half of the Big12. Best result will have been 6th.
We’re 6th in Big12 basketball team recruiting? Wow, the conference must be killing it. I thought we had like a top 30-35 national class?

KsJoey
Posts: 1839
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Post by KsJoey » February 3rd, 2020, 2:07 pm

bhoovy wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:03 pm
Horses_n_Hoops wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 11:10 am
After the 247 team rankings were updated, Kansas State fell to 6th in the 2020 Big12 recruiting class. Iowa State was the team that jumped us.

Overall we have a more filled out class than them, but they have the better overall recruit in Xavier Foster.

From what I've heard from Iowa State fans, they think that they'll likely add one more player to the class, just like us.

If this ranking holds up, Bruce will never have had a recruiting class in the top half of the Big12. Best result will have been 6th.
We’re 6th in Big12 basketball team recruiting? Wow, the conference must be killing it. I thought we had like a top 30-35 national class?
KSU is at 21 nationally right now. And yes, a lot of new talent coming into the conference for 2020. So far, 17 - 4/5 star players. And that will probably rise.

bhoovy
Posts: 3203
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » February 3rd, 2020, 2:34 pm

KsJoey wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:07 pm
bhoovy wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:03 pm


We’re 6th in Big12 basketball team recruiting? Wow, the conference must be killing it. I thought we had like a top 30-35 national class?
KSU is at 21 nationally right now. And yes, a lot of new talent coming into the conference for 2020. So far, 17 - 4/5 star players. And that will probably rise.
Wow. So there’s 5 other big 12 teams ranked in the top 20? That’s crazy.
So who’s ahead of us? KU, Baylor, Tech, OSU and now ISU?

KsJoey
Posts: 1839
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Post by KsJoey » February 3rd, 2020, 3:43 pm

bhoovy wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:34 pm
KsJoey wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:07 pm


KSU is at 21 nationally right now. And yes, a lot of new talent coming into the conference for 2020. So far, 17 - 4/5 star players. And that will probably rise.
Wow. So there’s 5 other big 12 teams ranked in the top 20? That’s crazy.
So who’s ahead of us? KU, Baylor, Tech, OSU and now ISU?
The top 6 teams are all pretty close in rankings, then there is a falloff after us. The main difference between us and the 5 teams ahead of us, is that they have at least 1 recruit in the 1-100 range, where as our guys are mostly in that 100-150 range.

TTU: 9
BU: 13
KU: 14
OSU: 16
ISU: 20
KSU: 21
WVU: 41
TCU: 42
OU: 104
TX: NA(no commits)

I'm very happy with a Top 25 class, regardless of where the rest of the conference lands. It makes us competitive on that front. It's a huge improvement compared to our previous years (2019: 54), (2018: 101), (2017: 92), (2016: 71), (2015: 63), (2014: 65), (2013: 47), (2012: 101). If you went blindly by recruiting rankings alone, KSU had no reason to finish in the top half of the conference, because recruiting has been poor. However, Bruce has done more with less, especially at the guard position. With some pretty talented guys coming in, you have to like our chances of improving quite a bit in upcoming seasons. 2021 needs to be a solid year of recruiting as well, and Bruce has to get over the Bigman Busts that continue to plague this team.

Horses_n_Hoops
Posts: 156
Joined: September 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » February 6th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Bruce Weber will be in to see Donavan Williams tomorrow. This happening before he visits TAMU next weekend.

Bruce clearly putting in some work.

Vandy now interested too.

Post Reply