Recruiting Thread

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
stlcatfan

Re: Recruiting Thread

Post by stlcatfan » December 24th, 2023, 7:38 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 5:05 pm
NCAA is proposing tougher academic standards that a transfer has to meet in order to transfer to new school. This is in the proposed stage. I assume if you have used 2 years of eligibility, you will have to have the amount of credit hours that a sophomore would be expected to transfer. The goal is to maintain the facade of student athletes at least for the NIL johns who are chasing the money whores.
I like this idea. Right now, I believe there is a court case, which if successful would to allow a player to transfer as many times as he or she wants without having to sit out for a year.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
randallcat85
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » January 3rd, 2024, 4:47 am

Do we really have outstanding recruiting?
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » January 12th, 2024, 10:57 am

Another honor for David Castillo
USA Basketball announced today the USA men’s and women’s rosters and coaching staffs for the 2024 Nike Hoop Summit. The 25th Nike Hoop Summit is scheduled for Saturday, April 13, at Moda Center in Portland, Oregon. Tickets are on sale at www.usab.com/tickets.

The 2024 USA Men’s Nike Hoop Summit roster features Airious “Ace” Bailey, David Castillo, Isaiah Evans, Cooper Flagg, Johnuel “Boogie” Fland, Dylan Harper, Ian Jackson, Morez Johnson Jr., Tre Johnson, Asa Newell, Patrick Ngongba II and Jayden Quaintance.

The head coach for the USA men is Sharman White (Pace Academy, GA) and he will be assisted by Frank Bennett (Chaminade College Prep, MO) and Nick LoGalbo (Lane Technical College Prep, IL).

Quite a prestigious and talented bunch of players.
Wish David could befriend Ngongba and convince him to flip someday to the Cats.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 4):
randallcat85stlcatfanbahweepgronnaweepSection 12-2

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » January 12th, 2024, 11:43 am

Kodos & conngrats to incoming KSU MBB Player, David Castillo. Quite an honor, even above previously awarded accolades he's received. Seems like a really good young man as well. If he's been mentored by Clint Stewart, then he's on the right track.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanSection 12-2

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 12th, 2024, 6:42 pm

sorta expect tang to add someone before school starts next week and window closes.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » January 12th, 2024, 11:16 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 12th, 2024, 6:42 pm
sorta expect tang to add someone before school starts next week and window closes.
Have you heard any rumors? I haven't heard anything about certain players we are pursuing. Coach briefly addressed the issue in his recent press conference, but IIRC, he didn't really say anything more than they were looking to see if there was anyone who could help us this year.

With as well as N'Guessan and McNair are playing right now, we my not need to go out and find another big man. Plus you have Colbert who can come off the bench. I don't know if Coach will go after a guard to replace Glover since Finister seems to be coming on.

Also, would bringing in someone else this late affect the chemistry that this team seems to be developing? I guess we will know one way or another pretty soon.

Edit to add: Just doing some perusing and came across a potential player. His name is Dantwan Grimes, a junior point guard from Baylor who just hit the transfer portal on January 10 according to 247 Sports. He averaged 4.7 ppg and 1.3 assists. Not eye-popping numbers, but I assume Coach Tang is familiar with him. He probably coached him and would be knowledgeable of his potential.
randallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 13th, 2024, 10:09 am

i watched tang's thursday presser last night, linked below. he suggested they will not be adding anyone. he talked a lot about concentrating his effort on this group of guys. he also said that not having enough dudes to put together a competitive scout team is a problem this year. last year's scout was really helpful to the rotationals because they had scholarship guys who could compete with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaegrfK ... GoPowercat
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » January 16th, 2024, 11:33 pm

From Blue Devil Country (a.k.a. the Duke Blue Puke)..

The Duke basketball staff is set to host NBA Academy Africa big man Khaman Maluach this weekend, On3's Joe Tipton reported on Monday. His trip to Durham coincides with the Cameron Indoor Stadium matchup between the No. 7 Blue Devils (13-3, 4-1 ACC) and unranked Pitt (10-6, 1-4 ACC) at 8 p.m. ET Saturday (ACC Network).

SI sports - Maluach, a 7-foot-2, 235-pound South Sudan native who's absent from most sites' rankings due to his international status but is a projected five-star prospect, landed an offer from Duke basketball head coach Jon Scheyer in August. At the time, he was in the 2025 class, but he announced his move to 2024 in December.

HEY NGONGBA Your minutes are going down the drain. Change your mind and come to KSU.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
bahweepgronnaweep

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » January 16th, 2024, 11:38 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 11:33 pm
From Blue Devil Country (a.k.a. the Duke Blue Puke)..

The Duke basketball staff is set to host NBA Academy Africa big man Khaman Maluach this weekend, On3's Joe Tipton reported on Monday. His trip to Durham coincides with the Cameron Indoor Stadium matchup between the No. 7 Blue Devils (13-3, 4-1 ACC) and unranked Pitt (10-6, 1-4 ACC) at 8 p.m. ET Saturday (ACC Network).

SI sports - Maluach, a 7-foot-2, 235-pound South Sudan native who's absent from most sites' rankings due to his international status but is a projected five-star prospect, landed an offer from Duke basketball head coach Jon Scheyer in August. At the time, he was in the 2025 class, but he announced his move to 2024 in December.

HEY NGONGBA Your minutes are going down the drain. Change your mind and come to KSU.
I was thinking the same thing. It's not too late to decommit from Duke.
randallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » February 4th, 2024, 8:47 am

On a number of occasions we have supposedly made the final lists of some highly rated recruits and transfers, but lose out. Why? I see these players having impact at their new teams. IMO until we start landing impact players, we will have teams like we have now, decent but not special. I have faith in time we will build a solid program that will have the success we crave if the gives Coach Tang time to build and the Administration doesn't interfere.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 3):
randallcat85pharaohcatfarrout10