Recruiting Thread

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
bhoovy
Posts: 4192
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Pick 'Em

Re: Recruiting Thread

Post by bhoovy » March 18th, 2021, 10:18 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 18th, 2021, 10:02 pm
Reggie Bass announces his decision tomorrow at 5pm.

Looks like its down to KSU, Illinois, Oregon State, and Providence with Illinois being the front runner.

https://247sports.com/Player/Reggie-Bass-46102427/
Before I even got to the line about who the front runner was I said to myself, it’s Illinois.

Brad has it rolling there and he could have been our HC and likely a lifer.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
ksudenny

AJcat7755
Posts: 5438
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 19th, 2021, 11:30 am

bhoovy wrote:
March 18th, 2021, 10:18 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
March 18th, 2021, 10:02 pm
Reggie Bass announces his decision tomorrow at 5pm.

Looks like its down to KSU, Illinois, Oregon State, and Providence with Illinois being the front runner.

https://247sports.com/Player/Reggie-Bass-46102427/
Before I even got to the line about who the front runner was I said to myself, it’s Illinois.

Brad has it rolling there and he could have been our HC and likely a lifer.
If I'm this kid, who is just outside the top 250, do you have to worry that Illinois is going to over recruit you?

KsJoey
Posts: 2817
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 221 times

Post by KsJoey » March 19th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Fix it Bruce. You have to bring in 1, maybe 2 impact transfers that are just as good or better, than the guys you just lost. You need guys that contribute now, not in year 2 or 3.

AJcat7755
Posts: 5438
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 19th, 2021, 8:26 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 11:30 am
bhoovy wrote:
March 18th, 2021, 10:18 pm


Before I even got to the line about who the front runner was I said to myself, it’s Illinois.

Brad has it rolling there and he could have been our HC and likely a lifer.
If I'm this kid, who is just outside the top 250, do you have to worry that Illinois is going to over recruit you?
Chooses Illinois as expected.

User avatar
Sir Ocelot
Posts: 1109
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 1:00 am
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Post by Sir Ocelot » March 21st, 2021, 3:23 pm

bhoovy wrote:
March 18th, 2021, 10:18 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
March 18th, 2021, 10:02 pm
Reggie Bass announces his decision tomorrow at 5pm.

Looks like its down to KSU, Illinois, Oregon State, and Providence with Illinois being the front runner.

https://247sports.com/Player/Reggie-Bass-46102427/
Before I even got to the line about who the front runner was I said to myself, it’s Illinois.

Brad has it rolling there and he could have been our HC and likely a lifer.
Well, Brad had it rolling until he ran head-on into a Rambler.

AJcat7755
Posts: 5438
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 23rd, 2021, 3:51 pm

From https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2

Keaston Willis (@keastonnnn) tells me that Kansas State has just offered him.

Transfer from Incarnate Word that averaged around 19 points per game, 4.5 rebounds, and 2 assists in 20 games this season for the Cardinals.

The following schools have reached out to Incarnate Word transfer Keaston Willis (@keastonnnn), i'm told:
ETSU, SIU, South Alabama, Texas State, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, UTSA, UTEP, Murray State, Temple, Montana State, Georgia State, UTA, and North Texas.

bhoovy
Posts: 4192
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 23rd, 2021, 8:18 pm

Surprised we haven’t offered Brandon McKissic. He’s basically in our backyard and gave us fits, nearly helping UMKC beat us. Scored 24 against us, on 10-17 shooting and was 4-8 from 3. He’s also originally from Missouri.

Has Tulsa and Oregon St to name a few after him, but was expected to have many offers. Oregon St is definitely doing something in the tournament to give him something to think about.

AJcat7755
Posts: 5438
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 11:29 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 24th, 2021, 11:09 am

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 7:07 pm
WichitaCat wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 5:20 pm


Could Parker Stewart be looking for a new school again?
Although he could get the free COVID year transfer, he would be starting over with new teammates and a new school. He has been on campus and practicing with the team so as long he likes the team and the school, unless he really hates the new coach, I would bet he stays.
Looks like I lost my bet. Stewart is now in the transfer portal as a grad transfer.
These users thanked the author AJcat7755 for the post:
WichitaCat

Coach314
Posts: 62
Joined: December 3rd, 2017, 8:34 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Post by Coach314 » March 24th, 2021, 12:32 pm

bhoovy wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 8:18 pm
Surprised we haven’t offered Brandon McKissic. He’s basically in our backyard and gave us fits, nearly helping UMKC beat us. Scored 24 against us, on 10-17 shooting and was 4-8 from 3. He’s also originally from Missouri.

Has Tulsa and Oregon St to name a few after him, but was expected to have many offers. Oregon St is definitely doing something in the tournament to give him something to think about.
He has heard from the staff. He's in hot demand right now. Coach Self is doing a zoom call today with McKissic and his parents.

bhoovy
Posts: 4192
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 24th, 2021, 2:56 pm

Coach314 wrote:
March 24th, 2021, 12:32 pm
bhoovy wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 8:18 pm
Surprised we haven’t offered Brandon McKissic. He’s basically in our backyard and gave us fits, nearly helping UMKC beat us. Scored 24 against us, on 10-17 shooting and was 4-8 from 3. He’s also originally from Missouri.

Has Tulsa and Oregon St to name a few after him, but was expected to have many offers. Oregon St is definitely doing something in the tournament to give him something to think about.
He has heard from the staff. He's in hot demand right now. Coach Self is doing a zoom call today with McKissic and his parents.
Oh great. Well whatever slim chance we had before has now rode off into the sunset.

Wondering how many scholarships they actually have to hand out. I was thinking they have 4 high school players already committed. Do they have 4-5 guys leaving?

Post Reply