Get the jalopy off the freeway

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
pulitzerdave

Get the jalopy off the freeway

Post by pulitzerdave » January 7th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Texas Tech, ZOOM!
TCU, ZOOM!

Oklahoma, ZOOM!

All three teams are blowing the doors off the old KSU jalopy this season. All three teams have improved. All three teams are ranked. All three teams were behind us at some point over the last few seasons. All three teams are now racing by us. What's wrong?

Maybe the jalopy needs an overhaul. Tweaking the engine won't be enough. Maybe it's even time for a new car. Maybe it's time for a new driver.

I think we'll have a clearer picture of this in a few months. But right now, oil is beginning to leak, parts are scarce, and the tires are balding. It's hard to keep up. The miles are piling up on this old jalopy. The freeway is full of speeding cars. It's dangerous out here. Looking for the nearest exit. Maybe there's a dealership there.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 7th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Won't be months.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » January 7th, 2018, 1:23 pm

I truly hope that the team can turn things around, but last year’s bottom-to-middle of the road Big 12 teams have improved dramatically while we apparently are on the same treadmill. What was once KState’s legacy (good basketball) has become the program where every other coach says Weber is a really good guy and coach. That makes us the ku of basketball.

My opinion only: the hiring of GT was nothing more than a desire on the part of Myers and Renz and Snyder to maintain the status quo. And that’s what we have.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 7th, 2018, 1:46 pm

the taylor hiring was about bill snyder and nothing else. mbb is an afterthought at this school.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 7th, 2018, 3:08 pm

tmcats wrote:the taylor hiring was about bill snyder and nothing else. mbb is an afterthought at this school.
Sad. I think of the saying about how long it takes to build something up and how quickly it takes to burn it down.

bindweed

Post by bindweed » January 7th, 2018, 5:14 pm

I have been a Webber supporter and thought he had bad luck with player's and injuries. I am ready for a change finally.....I want Rick Pitino. I want to win now! I don't care if he is a little shady, he wins!!!!!!!!

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » January 7th, 2018, 5:15 pm

tmcats wrote:the taylor hiring was about bill snyder and nothing else. mbb is an afterthought at this school.
Sad but true.

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » January 7th, 2018, 5:20 pm

I don't understand how anyone can say we do not need a new driver for the jalopy. If not it will end up rusting on the side of the road.

wildcats98
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by wildcats98 » January 7th, 2018, 5:21 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:Texas Tech, ZOOM!
TCU, ZOOM!

Oklahoma, ZOOM!

All three teams are blowing the doors off the old KSU jalopy this season. All three teams have improved. All three teams are ranked. All three teams were behind us at some point over the last few seasons. All three teams are now racing by us. What's wrong?

Maybe the jalopy needs an overhaul. Tweaking the engine won't be enough. Maybe it's even time for a new car. Maybe it's time for a new driver.

I think we'll have a clearer picture of this in a few months. But right now, oil is beginning to leak, parts are scarce, and the tires are balding. It's hard to keep up. The miles are piling up on this old jalopy. The freeway is full of speeding cars. It's dangerous out here. Looking for the nearest exit. Maybe there's a dealership there.
This jalopy has been on its last leg for a while now. TT, TCU and OU all went out and upgraded their head coaches, we stayed put. A lot of us saw this coming from the beginning. Do we finally make the inevitable change or keep the sad status quo.

Piedmontcat

Post by Piedmontcat » January 7th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Next year all of those sports cars will likely be taking a step back. Tech graduates all 5 starters, most (maybe all) of whom Tubby brought in. TCU graduates their 2 best bigs, who may be their best 2 players. OU loses Trae Young and their defensive anchor Lattin. I don’t think any of these teams fall off the face of the earth, but given their known losses and add a loss to a key player ( like Kam) and they are just where we are today. It may or may not be time to replace Weber, I can honestly argue it both ways, but basing it on the idea that Tech & TCU have vaulted past us on the program level is a bit pre-mature. And OU has been a better program than us for at least 30 years. That they were able to land a coach that we couldn’t hold tells you everything you need to know about what insiders know about the 2 programs.