Bannings and post etiquette

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
JazzCatDRP
Administrator

Bannings and post etiquette

Post by JazzCatDRP » November 15th, 2016, 4:05 pm

Folks,
just an FYI, one of our newer members was just given a two week ban. I feel it's appropriate to post a quick message reminding everyone of post etiquette on K-StateFans.com. I encourage you to treat this board as if it's a polite conversation between friends, not the wild west that many other forums are. There is a right way and a wrong way to disagree with someone's stance. Disagreements are ok, and natural, and indeed, tempers may flare from time to time. Ultimately, we're all on the same page. Whether you're pro-Weber or anti-Weber, everyone just wants the Cats to be successful; we just disagree on the best way to get us there. Regardless of your position, you're welcome here, and we encourage you to express your opinion. We just ask that you do it respectfully (and this counts for both sides). Trying to incite arguments won't get you far.

I should also add that established users will naturally get a bit more leeway. When a brand new user joins and immediately begins trolling, I'll be quicker on the trigger finger.

cw3bones
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by cw3bones » November 15th, 2016, 4:51 pm

No problem Jazz. Whatever it takes to keep the forum civil.

Cheers!

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » November 15th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Thank you! I have no idea who was banned and do not care. The other board is sometimes very painful to visit just because of the unnecessary throat slashing.