Thanks team.

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Thanks team.

Post by SCKSCat » March 19th, 2024, 10:20 pm

I am disappointed that the Cats didn't win more this year, but I think this team did well given the misfortune dealt them.
We will never know what could have been if the Tomlin affair had not happened or Glover got hurt.
I was frustrated at times by the outcomes of games, but never the effort of this team.
Beating KU, Baylor, Villanova, Texas and Iowa State was some dang good crap.
Hopefully the core can be kept together and some good pieces added.
Put this year in a box and move on.
Thanks Coach Tang and team.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 9):
stlcatfankatlanderKSUdad2of3pharaohcatpurplehairedladyx2spot2180randallcat85Section 12-2AlabamaLane

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » March 19th, 2024, 10:28 pm

I liked this team, but they needed all our players!! One thing we have to address is the TOs!!
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post:
stlcatfan

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 20th, 2024, 8:12 am

You know it is kind of funny to me because just to follow the pulse of the fanbase you would think this season was an outright disaster and the program is a dumpster fire. I get that it is frustrating after the Elite 8 run that we couldn't follow it up with a better season, but hopefully this is the floor.

I do remember posting way back in the summer or early fall that I thought the key to the team was Tomlin because he was the one guy we had that had next level ability, he could be the guy that if he took his game to the next level, he could be our 1st Team all conference caliber guy and you have to have that kind of guy if you want to be in the top part of the league. Now, my point was he was going to have to play at that level and who knows what type of year he might have had, but to me he was the key. Losing him, in my opinion, put a bit of a ceiling on the season.

All that being said, the staff definitely has some work to do with the roster over the coming months. Go Cats
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 5):
randallcat85stlcatfanpharaohcatkatlanderAlabamaLane

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » March 20th, 2024, 8:24 am

This team could have imploded in December. For the entire program to come together and have a never give up culture that had so many games that could have losses and we pulled them out is a compliment to the leadership of the entire program.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post (total 5):
SCKSCatstlcatfanpharaohcatSection 12-2AlabamaLane

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 20th, 2024, 8:45 am

I look back to where we were sitting just a couple years ago and this does not sting much. As long as Coach Tang is at K-State we will have an opportunity to be playing important games late in the season. Through two seasons this rebuild project looks rather good. Future bright with Team Tang!
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanAlabamaLane

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 20th, 2024, 8:59 am

Last year spoiled us. But I think Coach Tang wants the fanbase to have high expectations. It is not like we did what Missouri did this year and not win any conference games. We forget Tang is building a program and this team will have growing pains.
Also it is going to be very hard to build and sustain a program in this new age of College basketball. Even the great Bill Self is not faring well.
A balancing act for sure of persuading people to stay, getting good recruite, and plunking peaches from the portal.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
stlcatfan

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » March 20th, 2024, 10:04 am

I'm not so sure that any coach can build a program with NIL and annual free agency. It just comes down to the portal year after year and a virtual new team year after year. My guess is that the highs will be higher and the lows will be lower. I think that Coach Tang is as well equipped as any coach to handle the brave new world of college basketball if KSU's NIL money is at the level of the other conference teams.
These users thanked the author Sir Ocelot for the post:
stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2024, 11:20 am

this team could not recover from losing ques to injury and na'quan to nefariousness. that was complicated by too much drama and a lack of team leadership. i believe this would have been a solid ncaa outfit with them. no team survives losing two starters. look a ku.

time to find portal dudes to go with castillo like the michigan big. we have some solid players returning: dng, ames, rich, colbert. i suspect finister, manning, kaluma are gone along with the graduating seniors.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

topekacat

Post by topekacat » March 20th, 2024, 11:23 am

tmcats wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 11:20 am
this team could not recover from losing ques to injury and na'quan to nefariousness. that was complicated by too much drama and a lack of leadership. i believe this would have been a solid ncaa outfit with them. no team survives losing two starters. look a ku.

time to find portal dudes to go with castillo like the michigan big. we have some solid players returning: dng, ames, rich, colbert. i suspect finister, manning, kaluma are gone along with the graduating seniors.
The problem with the portal is we do not know who is coming back anymore. I feel like we are all holding our breath until the portal closes.
These users thanked the author topekacat for the post:
stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2024, 11:26 am

topekacat wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 11:23 am
tmcats wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 11:20 am
this team could not recover from losing ques to injury and na'quan to nefariousness. that was complicated by too much drama and a lack of leadership. i believe this would have been a solid ncaa outfit with them. no team survives losing two starters. look a ku.

The problem with the portal is we do not know who is coming back anymore. I feel like we are all holding our breath until the portal closes.
yeah, i get that, topeka. it's completely out of our control. we are left to trust in the coaches' abilities to keep the youngsters they want like ames. if they lose him and rich, i'd be surprised and disappointed.
Why is there something rather than nothing?