Portal 2024

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Re: Portal 2024

Post by bhoovy » March 23rd, 2024, 5:02 pm

Furman junior JP Pegues has entered the transfer portal @On3sports has learned

Earned 1st-Team All-SoCon for second season after averaging 18.4 points this season.

Originally from Nashville, Tennessee

Furman junior JP Pegues tells @On3sports he’s heard from these schools since entering the transfer portal…

Auburn
South Carolina
Virginia
Illinois
Texas Tech
Kansas State
Missouri
Arkansas
LSU
Virginia Tech
Villanova
Xavier
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 24th, 2024, 12:51 am

Saw a photo on social media of several of our MBB team at the lady Cats game giving them their support. Guys were all sitting together watching the game and giving the wildcat sign to the camera. All sporting their KSU gear, looking sharp. That's a really good sign the rest of the guys aren't going anywhere.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 4):
stlcatfanCatalumrandallcat85Section 12-2
EMAW

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 24th, 2024, 2:20 am

I have noticed a significant number of Pepperdine and Stanford players are in the top 50 Portal players. Yet both of these teams were not good. It makes you wonder about how good they really are.

Seems.like every top player has 15 to 30 schools contacting them.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 24th, 2024, 7:19 pm

NEWS: Louisville guard Skyy Clark plans to enter the transfer portal, he tells @On3sports.

The 6-3 sophomore says he will remain in contact with Louisville regarding a potential return as the head coaching search continues.

Averaged 13.2 PPG this season.

This was a former KSU target recruit. Went to Illinois then to Louisville.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 25th, 2024, 10:43 am

Is anyone else starting to feel more hopeful that some of our younger guys are going to come back since we haven't heard anything beyond Cam and Dorian?? I know it hasn't even been a week and I know guys may need time to think about things, but I guess my thought is if someone wanted out, they would have already hit the portal. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I just really want Dai Dai, RJ, Buddy, Colbert and Manning back for next year. I'm sure it will be a while before we hear anything about David, Ques or Arthur, but to me if the freshman wanted to leave, they would have already hit the portal.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 3):
stlcatfankatlanderksudenny

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 25th, 2024, 10:51 am

Gorhoops wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 10:43 am
Is anyone else starting to feel more hopeful that some of our younger guys are going to come back since we haven't heard anything beyond Cam and Dorian?? I know it hasn't even been a week and I know guys may need time to think about things, but I guess my thought is if someone wanted out, they would have already hit the portal. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I just really want Dai Dai, RJ, Buddy, Colbert and Manning back for next year. I'm sure it will be a while before we hear anything about David, Ques or Arthur, but to me if the freshman wanted to leave, they would have already hit the portal.
🏀💜YES
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post:
randallcat85

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 25th, 2024, 11:26 am

I am cautious about how we will do in the portal. Last year's results were not Grade A.
Perry was good. Kaluma inconsistent, but could be good if he stays. Glover and McNair fell into our laps. Last year we were mentioned as being considered by many top.player, but didn't land any of them. Supposedly we have NIL loot, maybe we do better. I hope we don't have more defections, but there will be a lot of new coaches trying to poach players.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » March 25th, 2024, 11:42 am

Snyder wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 10:51 am
Gorhoops wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 10:43 am
🏀💜YES
Another site has all of your really want list returning and also Dng.
These users thanked the author AlabamaLane for the post:
stlcatfan

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 25th, 2024, 12:29 pm

AlabamaLane wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 11:42 am
Snyder wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 10:51 am

🏀💜YES
Another site has all of your really want list returning and also Dng.

That would be nice

jeffmax26

Post by jeffmax26 » March 25th, 2024, 12:30 pm

I will be more confident after this week. I would like to know more about Taj Manning. Was he hurt? Did he not practice hard enough? I would be shocked if he came back after barely seeing the floor this year.
These users thanked the author jeffmax26 for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85