Iowa State @ Hilton

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Re: Iowa State @ Hilton

Post by SCKSCat » March 29th, 2024, 5:43 pm

Hey Iowa State basketball fans.
Your team lost in the sweet 16, and Coach O hasn't gotten you to the Elite 8 like Coach Tang did for us.
And today the highest rated recruit ever to ISU leaves and enters the portal. Omaha Biliew was a No. 10 concensus 5☆ recruit.
How about those horse apples Jim Carey Guy.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
Tbonespop

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 29th, 2024, 7:59 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 5:43 pm
Your team lost in the sweet 16, and Coach O hasn't gotten you to the Elite 8 like Coach Tang did for us.
And today the highest rated recruit ever to ISU leaves and enters the portal. Omaha Biliew was a No. 10 concensus 5☆ recruit.
My thoughts exactly
Oxenflexxer with his 1960’s offense probably have gone as far as they can
Would be great to see Biliew join Team Tang

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 29th, 2024, 10:13 pm

The Clones losing makes the B12 look bad to the rest of the nation. I wanted the Clones to win.

I only wanted Texass to lose.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 2):
KralicekRezClone

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 29th, 2024, 10:18 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 10:13 pm
The Clones losing makes the B12 look bad to the rest of the nation. I wanted the Clones to win.

I don’t think it makes the conference look bad. IMO there’s too much emphasis on how conferences may appear because of how they do in the tournament. So we’re going to start changing our opinions on the strengths of conferences and what they did for an entire season, 30+ games, vs a few games in a different animal tournament?? Really???

Good grief. Just hogwash IMO.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 30th, 2024, 1:29 am

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 10:13 pm

I've never bought into cheering for the conference to have success in the post season. That screams, we didn't accomplish squat, so we need someone else to help our image. Plus... we recruit against them, so why would we want them to have momentum going forward? Too much is made of "image based on post season". The Big 12 has done well in recent history and I don't believe a 1 year hiatus from the final 4 will make a difference. The bottom line for us in this craziness is to worry about us and not what the rest of the conference is doing. By the way, Houston, if healthy, was a championship caliber team. As far as Iowa State, I'm glad they lost.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
tmcatsksudenny

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 30th, 2024, 12:11 pm

somewhat agree, wild.

iowa state losing to brad underwood certainly didn't make me feel sad, just the opposite. the clones defense was exposed by a coach who wouldn't allow the trap, threw over the top, and won with excellent offense. isu was one dimensional. the great flopper was not on his game thanks to the refs. so their swarming defense was just not enough.

houston was that way too. i was hopeful for them because i like coach sampson. and they were the league's best all season. sadly, they lost their star and went down to a good not great duke squad because the coogs couldn't score well enough nor control the game in their usual fashion without shead.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

RezClone

Post by RezClone » April 6th, 2024, 8:43 am

SCKSCat wrote:
Interesting take. Almost makes me regret pulling for KSU to beat iowa. Iowa State will be just fine, and I'll remember this one.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 6th, 2024, 9:00 am

RezClone wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 8:43 am
SCKSCat wrote:
Interesting take. Almost makes me regret pulling for KSU to beat iowa. Iowa State will be just fine, and I'll remember this one.
Good lord. Cheering or not cheering for a team, or holding a grudge, based on one fan's view, whom you don't even know, is about as stupid as a thing as I've ever heard of. You ISU fans are passionate, but a tad strange, I must admit. Coming to a visitor's board and be butthurt because someone dare doesn't like ISU? Did you really think everyone here was gonna love ISU? Honest question...
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
ksudenny

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 6th, 2024, 9:01 am

Iowa State is going to be fine for years to come and we will likely have a real rivalry. Coach O has proven himself. Razzing each other is what makes College basketball fun. I remember Ahearn Fieldhouse when we played KU -- that was royal razzing. I heard that eventually KSU and ISU will not play each other in a year.

Since my head is up my butt, I hope I didn't hear correctly due to manure in my ears. If someone requests you do this, ask for safety gear like goggles and earplugs.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
ksudennyRezClone

RezClone

Post by RezClone » April 6th, 2024, 9:09 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 9:00 am
RezClone wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 8:43 am

Good lord. Cheering or not cheering for a team, or holding a grudge, based on one fan's view, whom you don't even know, is about as stupid as a thing as I've ever heard of. You ISU fans are passionate, but a tad strange, I must admit. Coming to a visitor's board and be butthurt because someone dare doesn't like ISU? Did you really think everyone here was gonna love ISU? Honest question...
Honest response: I don't think what I said was out of line or extreme. I've never said I don't like Kansas State, quite the opposite. We have an increasingly lively and heated rivalry, and I think it's ultimately good for all involved. Am I not allowed to keep receipts?