Oklahoma State Cowboys

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Post by SCKSCat » January 20th, 2024, 3:02 am

I hope for a sweep. I would like to see a big offensive explosion. There will be past legends at the game; give em a show.

I think we are favored by 8.5 points. I would take the over, but would not be surprised if it is not a tough game.

Hopefully the bench players will grow some more and be ready for the grind coming up.
Last edited by SCKSCat on January 20th, 2024, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » January 20th, 2024, 6:38 am

Really surprised the Cats aren't favored by more. Okie St is 8 - 9 and this game is at home. And while I've not watched any B-Ball yet that just leads me to believe this should be one of the easier games. Though no conference games ever seem to be easy. I just hope the players don't come in with that attitude. Sleepwalk like the football game against the pokes. Regarding the sweep if this team is a NCAA tourney team, that sweep is almost a must to me.
These users thanked the author DeereCatFan for the post:
stlcatfan

Catalum

Post by Catalum » January 20th, 2024, 7:00 am

While I do believe the Cats are much better than OSU, I heard Stan Weber mention that the Cowboys have dealt with some pretty bad luck in their road games. On two occasions, their flight was delayed, one of which resulted in the game being postponed by three hours.....no walk-throughs or any of the normal pre-game routines that a visiting team would normally go through.

I'm not saying that's why they've lost their road games, but that certainly doesn't help.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » January 20th, 2024, 8:43 am

DeereCatFan wrote:
January 20th, 2024, 6:38 am
Really surprised the Cats aren't favored by more. Okie St is 8 - 9 and this game is at home. And while I've not watched any B-Ball yet that just leads me to believe this should be one of the easier games. Though no conference games ever seem to be easy. I just hope the players don't come in with that attitude. Sleepwalk like the football game against the pokes. Regarding the sweep if this team is a NCAA tourney team, that sweep is almost a must to me.
Agreed. That's my biggest concern going into this game. There is not one team in the Big 12 that we can look past. KU and UT found that out the hard way versus UCF. Every game from here on out is huge. We need to take care of business tonight.

Go 'Cats!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » January 20th, 2024, 9:45 am

OSU took Baylor to overtime. Better expect a tough game. Off night shooting and you are in trouble.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post:
stlcatfan

farrout10

Post by farrout10 » January 20th, 2024, 9:53 am

We just need to look back 4 months, to how we were feeling pity for their poor football mess and having lost to South Alabama by 3 TDs.
These users thanked the author farrout10 for the post (total 2):
GoCatsstlcatfan

GoCats

Post by GoCats » January 20th, 2024, 12:53 pm

farrout10 wrote:
January 20th, 2024, 9:53 am
We just need to look back 4 months, to how we were feeling pity for their poor football mess and having lost to South Alabama by 3 TDs.
That OSU loss in FB still haunts me to this day
These users thanked the author GoCats for the post (total 2):
Section 12-2PurpleOnWhite

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 20th, 2024, 1:37 pm

DeereCatFan wrote:
January 20th, 2024, 6:38 am
Agreed, dropping one of the OSU games would be devastating to our tourney chances. Look our remaining schedule. Sheesh... What a gauntlet.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » January 20th, 2024, 3:12 pm

Let's hope all our shooters are on target today. I'm not really worried about the defense or rebounding, as the Cats are usually pretty good in those departments. If Coach Tang sees people lagging & not giving great effort he'll usually sit them for awhile. Good luck against the Pokes for today's game.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 20th, 2024, 3:17 pm

Catalum wrote:
January 20th, 2024, 7:00 am
While I do believe the Cats are much better than OSU, I heard Stan Weber mention that the Cowboys have dealt with some pretty bad luck in their road games. On two occasions, their flight was delayed, one of which resulted in the game being postponed by three hours.....no walk-throughs or any of the normal pre-game routines that a visiting team would normally go through.

I'm not saying that's why they've lost their road games, but that certainly doesn't help.
I don’t think there’s any doubt that not having that pregame time effects you to some degree.