Cats vs Spartans

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Cats vs Spartans

Post by tmcats » March 21st, 2023, 2:36 pm

it's a good matchup for k-state. they are the better team. the seeds say that, three v. seven. keep their head straight and their turnovers low, cats win.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » March 21st, 2023, 3:33 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 1:35 pm
here's a michigan state board if you are into benchmarking.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan- ... 26/?page=1
Thanks for posting. There was a funny post, one guy said it was unfair because KSU was from Manhattan so it was like a home game for us. It was worth a little chuckle.
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post:
tmcats

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 21st, 2023, 3:45 pm

i know a lot of msu people, worked with them, hired them. there is little difference between us, mostly the laundry. they loathe ku and michigan. consider self a feckless cheater. mostly aggies, business majors, and engineers.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 21st, 2023, 3:48 pm

Back in the day, I hired at least a half-dozen interns from MSU. They were all great college kids and capable of the work needed to be done.

Still keep in contact with a few of them, but haven't seen any of them for decades.

There deep-seated hatred of Michigan is every bit the equal of our distaste for J-Squawks.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
tmcats

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » March 21st, 2023, 4:30 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 3:45 pm
i know a lot of msu people, worked with them, hired them. there is little difference between us, mostly the laundry. they loathe ku and michigan. consider self a feckless cheater. mostly aggies, business majors, and engineers.
They have a good Veterinary school also, but of course not as good as KSU's Veterinary school.
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post:
stlcatfan

pulitzerdavid

Post by pulitzerdavid » March 21st, 2023, 5:25 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 2:03 pm
pulitzerdavid, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Three minutes to post.
Bold type.
150 pt. type.
From the guy who has me on ignore. :rofl:
"What other people think is none of my business" - Scotty Scheffler, Masters Champion. Great advice Scotty.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 21st, 2023, 7:29 pm

pulitzerdavid wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 11:20 am
I think that KSU has been the recipient of some good fortune this season. One thing begats another. Let me explain.

For whatever reason, faith, style of basketball, personality ... Markquis Nowell was "all in" with the selection of Jerome Tang as the next head basketball coach at KSU. In fact, he lobbied for it with our A.D. When Tang was eventually selected Markquis was motived beyond belief to help build this team. After meeting with Tang, and sharing his vision and dream, Tang then said that it motivated him to work even harder. Markquis inspired Tang with his positivity and his commitment to get to the NCAA Tournament and have a special season. What happened next?

Markquis and Ish became the X-factor in the recruiting process. They were active in hosting players, and selling them on their vision. JUST TWO GUYS WITH A DREAM!

It has been well documented that Markquis had a 40-minute conversation with Keyontae Johnson in his car during his campus visit, and sold him on KSU. Did Tang and his staff help with Johnson's recruiting? Of course, but Markquis, by all accounts, closed the deal. In fact, Tang credits both remaining Weber players with the astonishing job they did to help build this basketball team.

Sometimes they call these things "the perfect storm". People, events, trust and other factors all come together to build something extraordinary.

These things don't happen that often in life. The question is, will this "jump start" lead to other good things for this basketball program. Time will tell. Tang has said that he will let God decide whether or not KSU will be his destination job. Will offers and more riches be coming from other programs after Tang's likely Coach of the Year award and deep run into the Tournament? And then there's the task of replacing the trio of Nowell, Johnson and Sills. That's not an easy one. Those are two first team All-Big 12 players and third team All-Americans, along with the second best 6th man in the conference.

But first, there is unfinished business for this season, as "that little kid" takes HIS team to HIS home town to continue HIS dream ... one that he's sold his teammates on as well.
Good points.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 21st, 2023, 7:34 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 1:09 pm
my rather salty grandmom used to say: anything before "but" is bullshit. she must have been thinking of learnin' when she taught me that. ;-)
Your grandmother was a fine lady, but….

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 21st, 2023, 8:13 pm

From SI.com

Nowell is dominating the NCAA men’s tournament through two games, as he has scored or assisted 93 points for his team, according to ESPN. The next closest player in the tournament field is 24 points shy of Nowell’s mark.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
learninpurpleprairiecat

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » March 22nd, 2023, 11:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-FJFShQvo

I watched the Tom Izzo Press Conference about us on You Tube. He compared his long time Assistant Coach period to Coach Tang. I knew he was crusty, but he seemed upset for just waking up. We better be ready for a rock fight. This will not be easy.