COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

Re: Getting loaded for next year. Practice squad, recruits, needs

Post by learnin » March 15th, 2023, 12:07 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 11:42 am
Orion12521 wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 11:14 am
Just because there are things expressed about Coach Tang that people don't like, doesn't necessarily mean they don't think he is a good coach or bad coach. It is possible for people to view Coach Tang's openness about his faith and the good works that he does and have different takeaways. Seems like we're getting down to differences of opinion on the motivation behind those acts. At the end of the day, none of us can truly know what Coach Tang's intentions are because we can't read his mind. I choose to believe his intents are good. Someone else might think otherwise. It doesn't mean either of us is wrong because they are our opinions. Just because someone else has a different point of view doesn't make them a bad person. They have a different perspective. It's okay to disagree about things. We don't have to try to use our words to beat each other into submission to take on our worldview.

In other news, I'm in Montana this week and representing with Wildcats gear. Go Cats!
Except this isn't about disagreeing. This is all agenda driven. One of the two posters who have the agenda told me he would be doing this in a PM several months ago. I put him on ignore immediately after and life is good. This particular poster called Tang narcissistic a couple of days ago and his own board name is a boast of a personal award he won. What a joke. This board doesn't need his angry, agenda driven, BS.

These charges need to be addressed.

1. I do not have an agenda. All through this year, whenever this team has played well, I have praised coaches and players. The problem I have is with those who use God as a way to promote themselves.

https://twitter.com/coachjtang/status/1 ... CoJQukmsWw

https://twitter.com/mrnewyorkcityy/stat ... CoJQukmsWw

If I praise God, for my accomplishments, I’m still blowing my own horn.

2. Which leads me to address your attack on my friend, Dave. Yes, Dave is proud of his accomplishment but he’s not phony about it. He ‘s not trying to feign false humility by phrases such as, “blessed”, “God is good.”

A K-State writer actually tweeted these words the other day, “I thank God for sending Coach Tang to K-State.” If you cannot see that this expression is pregnant with all kinds of negative connotations for God, religious belief and justice, then I have nothing left to say in the subject other than this is what happens when God is interjected into every aspect of sports or one’s life
These users thanked the author learnin for the post:
Section 12-2

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2023, 12:32 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 8:59 pm
xtrawildcat wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 5:25 pm
Info on Ames. interview with him and his AAU coach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_pQu6dsKw

A few highlights.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMoVIOgIh4
No one ever gets comfortable guarding a Lefty, Especially the first time.
most of the great lefties were 'bigs' though: bill russell, david robinson, dave cowins, willis reed. st. john's chris mullin was a great shooter though. olympian on knight's championship team.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » March 15th, 2023, 1:46 pm

Is Desi a south paw? Ideally a guard should go both ways if not a team should be able to attack both ways.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2023, 4:01 pm

pharaohcat wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 1:46 pm
Is Desi a south paw? Ideally a guard should go both ways if not a team should be able to attack both ways.

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
pharaohcat
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurplePride98

Post by PurplePride98 » March 15th, 2023, 4:07 pm

learnin wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 12:07 pm
wild@nite wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 11:42 am

Except this isn't about disagreeing. This is all agenda driven. One of the two posters who have the agenda told me he would be doing this in a PM several months ago. I put him on ignore immediately after and life is good. This particular poster called Tang narcissistic a couple of days ago and his own board name is a boast of a personal award he won. What a joke. This board doesn't need his angry, agenda driven, BS.

These charges need to be addressed.

1. I do not have an agenda. All through this year, whenever this team has played well, I have praised coaches and players. The problem I have is with those who use God as a way to promote themselves.

https://twitter.com/coachjtang/status/1 ... CoJQukmsWw

https://twitter.com/mrnewyorkcityy/stat ... CoJQukmsWw

If I praise God, for my accomplishments, I’m still blowing my own horn.

2. Which leads me to address your attack on my friend, Dave. Yes, Dave is proud of his accomplishment but he’s not phony about it. He ‘s not trying to feign false humility by phrases such as, “blessed”, “God is good.”

A K-State writer actually tweeted these words the other day, “I thank God for sending Coach Tang to K-State.” If you cannot see that this expression is pregnant with all kinds of negative connotations for God, religious belief and justice, then I have nothing left to say in the subject other than this is what happens when God is interjected into every aspect of sports or one’s life
So to praise God for your accomplishments is a bad thing but to just promote yourself is ok. That is an odd take.

If praising God is feigning humility is self promoting yourself indicate you are to vain to even pretend to be humble?
Last edited by PurplePride98 on March 15th, 2023, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 15th, 2023, 6:29 pm

WTF does coaches religious view have to do with "Getting loaded for next year. Practice squad, recruits, needs" :D
These users thanked the author wazucat for the post (total 3):
xtrawildcatpharaohcatDeereCatFan

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » March 15th, 2023, 10:11 pm

This thread is spiraling down quickly. I give it til tomorrow & it gets locked by a mod.

Let's stick to basketball folks...!
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 5):
pharaohcatPuffdadstlcatfanrandallcat85xtrawildcat

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 16th, 2023, 8:15 am

The commenting about religion will end if no one comments back to what someone's posts. It has dawned on me as a Christian I am taught to love others as Christ would love them. Ripping into other people and haraunganing them does not please my Savior. Respectfully let them make their statement and move on. If they attack you, them let them wallow in their pettiness especially on this board. I will continue to stare MY OPINION that I think Coach Tang is a fine man, and good coach. I have no problem with what he believes, how he expresses himself and how he deeply cares for others, for those he serves, for the people that cheer for our team, and for the institution that provides him a livelihood and a career he loves. If you have to blow a gasket do so in the War Zone where you can be vindictive as you want.
The Coach Tang package is very attractive to some recruits. He is a counter to NIL.
I like the emphasis being put on recruiting good players and good men. I see the likelihood of what happened at Alabama not happening here.
It will be interesting to see what kind of players will be brought in. As I look at recruits, I try to find information about the person and his family; tweets can be revealing.
We have learned that this staff is patient and work hard to recruit.
I am amazed at their efforts to cultivate relationships with future recruits.
The future will continue to be fun and joyful for EMAW basketball for most.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
PurpleOnWhitekswildcat

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 16th, 2023, 9:18 am

I hope Team Tang can continue to recruit good kids who like being here and like each other. Kids who will play hard and stick around. Having a common bond, be it Christianity or something else, should help accomplish that end. I am very tired of the revolving door of college basketball. It seems like most kids like playing for our current basketball and football coaches.

In this vein I think the discussion regarding religion is germaine to this thread and it is fine if we sojourn into various aspects which effect recruiting but need to respect the O.P.

A lot of what SCKSCat talked about was the optimism regarding Taj Manning and that Tang thinks he will be a great player here. A guy who does all the little things. High praise from a coach who has seen a lot of great players. Sounds like a guy to build around the next 4 years. Could be a nice run if we can find the other pieces to the puzzle. One piece of insurance I thing we should go after is an experienced point guard. A true ball distributor to get the ball to the Taj Mannings and other scorers on the floor.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 3):
SCKSCatPurpleOnWhitepharaohcat

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2023, 11:13 am

Look. As long as Coach Tang doesn't break rules, or laws, it doesn't matter whether or not I like his methods or approach. Unfortunately, coach will be judged by whether or not he wins. Some coaches cheat and fans love them if they win. "Everybody does it." Some coaches abuse players and fans support them if they win. "Tough love." "He's preparing them for life."

Religion, like any human endeavor, can be used for good or evil.

Religion, like any human endeavor, can be used to manipulate another for one's advantage.

Therefore, it is necessary to maintain balance in all things, even religion. I've attempted to do this in my posts, over the last 12 years, after having learned the hard way that religious practice, and platitudes, do not guarantee good results and living. All things in moderation. We should not let winning, or losing, determine our measure of a man for there is good and bad in all men.

Therefore, if coach continues to win, let's not get giddy and automatically bless his every move. If we do, we'll lose track of balance and put him on a pedestal where no man should dwell. If God brought Coach Tang here, as a sportswriter posited, is he untouchable? Before you think this is a foolish thing for me to ask, then, you must realize the sportswriter's statement was foolish.

I've given my opinion on the matter, so I'm returning to the discussion of basketball. Thanks for all your input. Most of this discussion has been civil and stimulating.