North Dakota Game, 4 PM Today

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Section 12-2

Re: North Dakota Game, 4 PM Today

Post by Section 12-2 » November 29th, 2021, 12:36 pm

Carlton got into the game late. He hit a little jumper and got some bounds. He looks like a good addition.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 29th, 2021, 1:03 pm

I didn't think Seryee could play this year but Linguard may start to get a few minutes. Weber says he has participated in a total of 5 practices in the last 9 years so we can hope but shouldn't expect much.

what?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » November 29th, 2021, 1:11 pm

:D Months not years.
These users thanked the author Puffdad for the post:
tmcats

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 29th, 2021, 1:41 pm

oscar wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 9:47 pm
Puffdad wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 9:10 pm

Thank God when they changed the rules for alternating possessions instead of jump balls! It took a half hour off of game times!! :clap: :rofl:
Oh my gosh, I saw him coach in his early days when he was at a small school in Nebraska, score must have been 8 to 6 and yes thank goodness for that posession arrow!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2020/03/29/casey-martin-oregon-coach-former-pga-pro-fighting-save-leg/2937118001/

Puff, decades ago I refed Jr High, Freshmen, JV, and Varsity games. The worst for me was when the young body could not master the skill of dribbling. I had one case where at the end of the game the Coach put in a Special Needs Child that had very limited skills. As a ref I did not know what to call.

Years later when Casey Martin sued the PGA to use a cart, I immediately went back to that Special Needs Child. How do you enforce rules of a game where the participant does not have the physical skill to execute?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » November 29th, 2021, 2:25 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
November 29th, 2021, 12:32 pm
katlander wrote:
November 29th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Good observations.

1. Eze is not petty but effective and does some surprising things. I like his attitude, muscle and effort. He gets it.

2. Pack is a very good player. One of the best shooters to ever play at K-State. Smart.

3. I love Nowell. He is fun to watch. Creator/Disrupter. He is the best of the transfers to this point. His moxy and ability to create more than offset his turnover issue. If Coach Weber allows him to play his game he could take the offense to another level.

4. McGuirl needs to play like the veteran he is and I think he will.

5. Kasubke shows signs of improvement and maybe his shot will come with increasing confidence. He works hard and I am not writing him off......yet.

6. Massoud has been a little disappointing to date. Another big guy who wants to be a 3 instead of a 4. Very inconsistent.

7. I have liked Logan Landers from the get go. I think he is starting to get it and brings a well rounded game. Kind of a throwback type of K-State player and I think he will be a solid if not a very good player before he is done here. He may soon be the equal of Ish in most facets of the game. I see more minutes for him if Ish continues to struggle from 3. We don't need big guys taking several 3s per game and making only 20% of them.

I am anxious for the return of Seryee and Carlton Languard to see if they can help at the 4 and 5 spots.
Good post. But what indication do you have that Kabsuke is coming around or even works hard. He has a total of four rebounds in 80 minutes of play. Thats the number of rebounds you can collect if you just stand in place and wait for the ball to come to you.
8 points. He currently has the worst defensive rating on the team. Yesterday, North Dakota was consistently driving past him making our defense rotate to provide help.

I didn't think Seryee could play this year but Linguard may start to get a few minutes. Weber says he has participated in a total of 5 practices in the last 9 years so we can hope but shouldn't expect much.
Wow, 4 rebounds in 80 minutes is crazy. Are you sure that is right? I based my comment only on watching him play. He seems to be trying hard. I wonder where he ranks on Bruce's play hard chart? He seems to be getting more comfortable when he is in there. But I do agree that he needs to improve substantially to be a significant contributor. Bruce and the other coaches must see something to give him this many minutes. Maybe this is his chance. Fish or cut bait?

Too bad about Seryee. Our injury woes with bigs continues.

catl

Post by catl » November 29th, 2021, 2:46 pm

Kasubke is a defensive liability, he plays hard but can't really stay with someone driving to the basket. Not very quick to the ball rebounding either. If he doesn't hit open threes, which he has had trouble doing, he doesn't really have a role. He was recruited for his 3-point shooting but has yet to deliver on that.

After watching Logan Landers play, he may be a contributor at some point in the future, but not much this year. No way he is close to Dean Wade in ability.

Hope both prove me wrong. Am I expecting too much, how does Iowa State start off undefeated and beat a ranked Memphis team this year, showing real improvement over last year, when we seem doomed to improvement only over a several year period?

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » November 29th, 2021, 5:14 pm

catl wrote:
November 29th, 2021, 2:46 pm
Kasubke is a defensive liability, he plays hard but can't really stay with someone driving to the basket. Not very quick to the ball rebounding either. If he doesn't hit open threes, which he has had trouble doing, he doesn't really have a role. He was recruited for his 3-point shooting but has yet to deliver on that.
100% agree. He doesn't do anything particularly well. If he can spot up and hit the 3 in the corner, he will have a role. But if he can't then he needs to be used for depth. I was expecting a lot more out of Kasubke coming out of HS, where it looked like he had decent handles, good quickness, High IQ, athletic, great shooter/scorer. Sucks to say he's rarely shown any of that. Hopefully he finds a role he can succeed within this team!