what should the 8-man rotation be?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

what should the 8-man rotation be?

Post by tmcats » November 18th, 2021, 2:58 pm

this seems about right to me after watching the first three games. four sophomores in the starting five.

nigel
selton
mark
ish
bradford

mike
nowell
ez
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » November 18th, 2021, 3:11 pm

might even put kasubke over mike until mike stops pressing. I think he is seeing that the other guys are better than him and he is trying to much. Mike just needs to relax and let it come to him. But that first 5 is fun to watch.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 18th, 2021, 3:14 pm

if ish gives dean wade kind of offensive numbers, this team will be hard to beat. i really don't know if that's a reasonable expectation or not. wade averaged 12 ppg.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
WildcatEngineer

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » November 18th, 2021, 4:19 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 18th, 2021, 3:14 pm
if ish gives dean wade kind of offensive numbers, this team will be hard to beat. i really don't know if that's a reasonable expectation or not. wade averaged 12 ppg.
I'd make the arguement that he will have to average 12ppg if we want to see post season play. He can't be one of the 13 one night, 4 the next night types. He needs to have the mindset to be double figure scorer every night.
Last edited by wild@nite on November 19th, 2021, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
ksudenny

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 18th, 2021, 4:54 pm

ish is averaging 10 ppg so far. the arkansas game is going to be interesting to watch on so many levels.

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » November 18th, 2021, 5:02 pm

Ask this question in another 3-4 games.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » November 18th, 2021, 5:57 pm

nigel
selton
mark
ish
bradford

mike
nowell
ez

Right on. 8 is a good number. Mike will come around. Only play Kasubke or Landers if there is foul trouble or game in hand. The rotation needs to shorten and I think that'll make the team a lot better.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » November 19th, 2021, 8:48 am

KsJoey wrote:
November 18th, 2021, 5:57 pm
nigel
selton
mark
ish
bradford

mike
nowell
ez

Right on. 8 is a good number. Mike will come around. Only play Kasubke or Landers if there is foul trouble or game in hand. The rotation needs to shorten and I think that'll make the team a lot better.
I think you have it about right.

At the intrasquad scrimmage before one of the football games, McGuirl was 15 for 18 with lots of assists and low turnovers. Best player that day. He was solid but unspectacular in the exhibition. Guess I remember the last couple of games against TCU last year where Nijel and McGuirl outplayed Nemhardt and Miles. His game will come around and he'll be a big part of our success or failure.

Kabsuke has had two very unimpressive games. Maybe he'll show more going forward. Maybe not. He is supposed to be a really good shot from range according to his team mate. Interesting to me that he does this while putting the most side spin on the ball that I have ever seen.

Landers should get a few minutes here and there but get most of his improvement via practice against the bigs and Ish.
Last edited by xtrawildcat on November 20th, 2021, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » November 19th, 2021, 9:07 am

xtrawildcat wrote:
November 19th, 2021, 8:48 am
KsJoey wrote:
November 18th, 2021, 5:57 pm
nigel
selton
mark
ish
bradford

mike
nowell
ez

I think you have it about right.

At the intrasquad scrimmage before one of the football games, McGuirl was 15 for 18 with lots of assists and low turnovers. Best player that day. He was solid but unspectacular in the exhibition. Guess I remember the last couple of games against TCU last year where Nijel and McGuirl outplayed Nemhardt and Miles. His game will come around and he'll be a big part of our success or failure.

Kabsuke has had two very unimpressive games. Maybe he'll show more going forward. Maybe not. He is supposed to be a really good shot from range according to his team mate. Interesting to me that he does this while putting the most side spin on the ball that I have ever seen.

Luke should get a few minutes here and there but get most of his improvement via practice against the bigs and Ish.
Kabsuke has to be able to be a sharp shooter if he wants to really help this team. If he can't shoot at a high rate then he really doesn't bring much to the table, IMO. Not a great defender, avg at best handles, not a great assister or rebounder. But much of that can be forgivable, if he can nail the spot up 3 in the corner at a high rate.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » November 19th, 2021, 10:17 pm

I think it is too early to know who may be major contributors on this team. The 8 mentioned make sense right now but I expect others to step up. Seryee Lewis could bring some needed elements to the team when he gets healthy. One of our strengths is our depth this year. I wouldn't read too much into a couple of early games.