bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Re: Tonight's exhibition against Pitt State

Post by bhoovy » November 4th, 2021, 8:49 pm

AlabamaLane wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 8:35 pm
wild@nite wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 7:40 pm
Strength? More capable guys. Weakness? Post defense. Getting abused down low.
Getting Bradford and to some extend Linguard back will definitely help on the post defense. Landers is doing ok offensively for his first game.
Yeah this would have been a really good game to get Linguard some good minutes. Not concerned with Bradford other then him being healthy.

SkeeterZX190

Post by SkeeterZX190 » November 4th, 2021, 9:23 pm

Much better 2nd half. I guess the first 7 minutes of the 1st half can be chalked up to jitters. Once they settled in, they played okay. Need to cut down on the turnovers and shoot free throws better.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » November 4th, 2021, 9:38 pm

Saw some good signs offensively, defense needs work but that was probably to be expected. Most importantly everyone stayed healthy. I'll still go to my grave saying if Selton's shot wasn't so flat he'd be a much better perimeter shooter but can't argue with results :lol:
Last edited by gdgjr78 on November 4th, 2021, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » November 4th, 2021, 9:42 pm

I was actually most impressed with Landers. I don’t know how much he’ll play when it’s a healthy roster but I was impressed by his coordination and awareness. Too often we’ve seen goofy, uncoordinated guys running around.
These users thanked the author ksustars754 for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanSection 12-2

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » November 4th, 2021, 9:46 pm

ksustars754 wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 9:42 pm
I was actually most impressed with Landers. I don’t know how much he’ll play when it’s a healthy roster but I was impressed by his coordination and awareness. Too often we’ve seen goofy, uncoordinated guys running around.
Yeah he moves well for a big kid, has got some tools to be a pretty good player. How fast he improves on defense will probably dictate how much he plays.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Highway26north

Post by Highway26north » November 5th, 2021, 7:43 am

Wasn't able to watch it but Landers' stat line really jumped out at me. Is there an echo here? I wasn't all that excited either by
the signing or the initial reviews, but it's great to see a potential 4-year guy hit the ground running.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » November 5th, 2021, 8:23 am

Box Score
https://www.kstatesports.com/documents/ ... PSU_59.PDF

I went to the game.
Masks are required but not enforced. Most people had them on but mostly pulled down unless they were interacting with somebody they didn't know. Definitely not an issue. TM should check to see if he can get his seats back.

- Smith rebounded well. 13 rebounds. Solid defense. Will be better off the ball with others creating for him.
- Ish is a player. Defense was pretty good but have to see it against better players. 1 for 5 from three but he's going to have nights where he lights it up.
- McGuirl played very solid. Less forcing his offense. IMO, he is going to be a better version of himself this year. And that will be pretty good.

- Miguel is a force on defense and a much improved player on offense. Finishing at the rim, creating for others. Making a few more shots. He will see a lot of court time.
- Kabsuke didn't show anything. But it was one game and we need to see more before knowing if he is going to help.
-Pack didn't have his shot going but he will be good once he gets in game shape. His on ball defense was good last night.
- Landers did some good things but wasn't strong enough to defend the post. If this was not an exhibition, he would have received more help defending the post so a bigger guy could not just back him down. Still, he made some shots and grabbed 8 rebounds in 20 minutes. Doubt he get many minutes this year but is going to be a good four year player for us.
- Eze is a decent back up center. His knee limits any upside he might have.

Bradford was on the bench so he is over his illness and will be back full speed.

Overall, team defense was good. Good movement on offense and made some shots. Too many turnovers made the game look ugly and we won't win unless they take care of the ball. But I expect tovs will be reduced as guys who turn it over will be sitting on the bench.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » November 5th, 2021, 8:30 am

Last edited by xtrawildcat on November 5th, 2021, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » November 5th, 2021, 8:49 am

I swore I read that one of the points of emphasis this year was related to block/charges and that they were going to be heavily leaning towards blocks based on the new emphasis.

The first one by McGuirl got me hot. And then the one later, maybe Kasubke?, before it got overturned, I was close to turning the game off. The “ref show” is so bad and infuriating. Thankfully that got overturned so that I was able to watch the rest of the game hahah.

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » November 5th, 2021, 8:55 am

It was good to be back in the Bram. At first I thought we were in the wrong place with all of the up grades that have taken place.
This team is a step up from last years squad.