Logan Landers era?

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
Post Reply
katlander
Posts: 7735
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 369 times

Logan Landers era?

Post by katlander » May 17th, 2021, 10:34 pm

Here is an interview. He sounds and looks pretty good.

https://youtu.be/s9Bu6jFT_IQ

tmcats
Posts: 13723
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 802 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 18th, 2021, 10:28 am

he sure makes me think of dean at that age coming to manhattan. makes for an interesting comparison, doesn't it? weber has really upgraded the toolbox.
"A tour of revenge." Noah Johnson

xtrawildcat
Posts: 8090
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Post by xtrawildcat » May 18th, 2021, 12:49 pm

He has already talked more before reaching campus than Dean Wade did in four years at Kansas State. He really needs to go silent and show what he has before saying much.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post:
Puffdad

KsJoey
Posts: 2817
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 221 times

Post by KsJoey » May 18th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Very well spoken. Looking forward to his time at Kstate.

katlander
Posts: 7735
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 369 times

Post by katlander » May 18th, 2021, 2:03 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
May 18th, 2021, 12:49 pm
He has already talked more before reaching campus than Dean Wade did in four years at Kansas State. He really needs to go silent and show what he has before saying much.
This was an I-N-T-E-R-V-I-E-W. You need to talk. I thought he did a nice job.

IStillLikeHarv
Posts: 1701
Joined: March 9th, 2016, 9:25 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Post by IStillLikeHarv » May 18th, 2021, 3:04 pm

I have seen all three parts (the last part is the best in my opinion). There is a natural tendency to compare him to Dean Wade because there are some similarities, but they are also very different players. Probably the one area where the comparison is strongest is that both players are exceptionally good passers, something that really helps the entire team when they are on the court.

I still don't expect to see too much of him this coming season because I think he will need to make the transition to the level of defense that is needed to play for Weber as a high major player, but he may be a bit like Davion Bradford in that he appears to have made some significant physical progress fairly recently -- more of that appears in the Part 3 video. I do think he will be fun to watch for the next few years if he finishes out his career at KSU (with the Portal, who knows what will happen anymore).

User avatar
gdgjr78
Posts: 6769
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Location: Ta Town
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » May 18th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Seems to be a kid with a good head on his shoulders, let's hope he has the athleticism to compete at the Big 12 level.
These users thanked the author gdgjr78 for the post:
tmcats
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

IStillLikeHarv
Posts: 1701
Joined: March 9th, 2016, 9:25 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Post by IStillLikeHarv » May 18th, 2021, 3:23 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
May 18th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Seems to be a kid with a good head on his shoulders, let's hope he has the athleticism to compete at the Big 12 level.
He will not likely be the athlete that Dean is (few are), but he may develop into a bit of a cross between Dean and Cameron Krutwig of Loyola if he continues to develop his game. He does show more bounce in part 3 of this interview than I have seen from him before. Like Dean and Krutwig, his skills will be the most important aspect of his game, imo.

katlander
Posts: 7735
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 369 times

Post by katlander » May 18th, 2021, 4:28 pm

IStillLikeHarv wrote:
May 18th, 2021, 3:23 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
May 18th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Seems to be a kid with a good head on his shoulders, let's hope he has the athleticism to compete at the Big 12 level.
He will not likely be the athlete that Dean is (few are), but he may develop into a bit of a cross between Dean and Cameron Krutwig of Loyola if he continues to develop his game. He does show more bounce in part 3 of this interview than I have seen from him before. Like Dean and Krutwig, his skills will be the most important aspect of his game, imo.
True. I see him as more aggressive then Dean. Somewhat less finesse but a little more head-on take it strong type of game. And I don't think he will hesitate to shoot. I think he will be a good passer but will shoot it if open and even just take it strong and draw fouls.

tmcats
Posts: 13723
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 802 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 19th, 2021, 10:30 am

xtrawildcat wrote:
May 18th, 2021, 12:49 pm
He has already talked more before reaching campus than Dean Wade did in four years at Kansas State. He really needs to go silent and show what he has before saying much.
surprising comment coming from you but not so that puff agreed. :rofl:
"A tour of revenge." Noah Johnson

Post Reply