UMKC transfer getting our attention (he can play)

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: UMKC transfer getting our attention (he can play)

Post by wild@nite » March 31st, 2021, 12:40 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 9:21 pm
wild@nite wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 8:50 pm

Yep. McKissic is a better all around player. 17.2 pts, 3.3 assists and is a good defensive player. Not to mention he shot 42% from 3. Nah..... We don't need any of that. 😁
I can’t say I’ve seen either guy, but comparing production at UMKC vs production on a good team in the SEC is not a fair comparison. Of course some folks think DII teams would win the Big 12 too. So, whatever.
Lies! Nobody EVER said a D2 team would WIN the Big 12. Just that if the D2 CHAMPIONS caught us or Iowa State (2 garbage teams the first 70% of the year) on a bad night, which we had plenty, they "could" beat us. Sorry you take offense to that.

By the way, Mizzou, KU, Florida, St. Louis and KState are McKissic's final 5 transfer choices, but many other programs were after McKissic because he can guard, can pass, and can score. I've seen him play, which qualifies me more than you to make the statement of who I think is better. Notice I said "think". Smith can also play and may very well end up being a great addition to our team, but I truly do think McKissic is a better "all around" player. There is far more to being a good bball player than scoring.

Sorry that you can't accept a disagreement from someone with extensive basketball knowledge. The other day you resorted to insults. Today, making up lies about what was said. It's ok though, you are cementing the view many of us already have of you.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 31st, 2021, 1:24 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 12:40 pm
Hypeman wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 9:21 pm

I can’t say I’ve seen either guy, but comparing production at UMKC vs production on a good team in the SEC is not a fair comparison. Of course some folks think DII teams would win the Big 12 too. So, whatever.
Lies! Nobody EVER said a D2 team would WIN the Big 12. Just that if the D2 CHAMPIONS caught us or Iowa State (2 garbage teams the first 70% of the year) on a bad night, which we had plenty, they "could" beat us. Sorry you take offense to that.

By the way, Mizzou, KU, Florida, St. Louis and KState are McKissic's final 5 transfer choices, but many other programs were after McKissic because he can guard, can pass, and can score. I've seen him play, which qualifies me more than you to make the statement of who I think is better. Notice I said "think". Smith can also play and may very well end up being a great addition to our team, but I truly do think McKissic is a better "all around" player. There is far more to being a good bball player than scoring.

Sorry that you can't accept a disagreement from someone with extensive basketball knowledge. The other day you resorted to insults. Today, making up lies about what was said. It's ok though, you are cementing the view many of us already have of you.
Okay, I might have thrown in a little ‘hype’erbole there.

I pointed out that comparing the stats of a player that comes from UMKC to a player from Mizzou is not an apples to apples comparison.

I don’t recall you saying anything about your personal experience watching these two players.

Thanks for informing me that you have vast b-ball knowledge. I’ll be sure to remind myself of that before posting.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 31st, 2021, 1:48 pm

After all you are the "Hype" man.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 31st, 2021, 1:48 pm

After all you are the "Hype" man.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 31st, 2021, 2:02 pm

Exactly ... someone has to keep things interesting.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 31st, 2021, 2:23 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 11:54 am
tmcats wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 11:10 am

mark smith is the bigger guard.

Smith, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard, averaged 9.7 points and 3.2 rebounds per game in 2020-21 at Mizzou.
kshb
Mark Smith is not a PG, he had 26 assists and 39 TOs last year.
Athletic Background
Mark Smith is a 6-5, 225-pound Point Guard from Edwardsville, IL.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 31st, 2021, 2:32 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 1:24 pm
wild@nite wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 12:40 pm

Okay, I might have thrown in a little ‘hype’erbole there.

I pointed out that comparing the stats of a player that comes from UMKC to a player from Mizzou is not an apples to apples comparison.

I don’t recall you saying anything about your personal experience watching these two players.

Thanks for informing me that you have vast b-ball knowledge. I’ll be sure to remind myself of that before posting.
"I don’t recall you saying anything about your personal experience watching these two players."

I didn't, but if I hadn't, unlike you, I probably just wouldn't have put in my two cents.

"Thanks for informing me that you have vast b-ball knowledge. I’ll be sure to remind myself of that before posting."

Thought it was necessary since you made the prior claim that I don't know what im talking about. 20 plus years coaching and I've actually seen the two play, but yea, it's me who doesn't know what im talking about. 🙄

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 31st, 2021, 2:34 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 2:23 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 11:54 am

Mark Smith is not a PG, he had 26 assists and 39 TOs last year.
Athletic Background
Mark Smith is a 6-5, 225-pound Point Guard from Edwardsville, IL.
Then he is a really crappy PG if he had 13 more TOs than assists. That A/TO ratio is terrible for anyone on the court, let alone a 4th year PG. Needs to shore that up next year.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 31st, 2021, 2:41 pm

the point for me is mark smith was "illinois player of the year" who played point in high school and who contributed at the same level as d'gordon did here on a much better team at missouri.

getting a 4-year journeyman to go with nijel and mike plus this new youngster, nowell, seems to me to be a good not bad thing. "never look a gift horse in the mouth" means "don't find fault with a gift." and that's what we have here with smith.

facing the brutal facts: a number of folks here want weber to fail. i'm not one of them. and i'm pleased smith is going purple his senior year.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
Section 12-2
Why is there something rather than nothing?

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 31st, 2021, 2:47 pm

I have no problem with the Smith signing. He's a solid experienced player and the team dearly needs experience.

He won't make or break anything, but shoring up the A/TO ratio will help him and the team big-time. He wants to be at KSU and that can't be overlooked. Should be a solid block for next year and I expect pretty much the same production at KSU as he did at MU (sans turnovers).
These users thanked the author JOKKO for the post:
tmcats