source: twitter

Our stability at HC has certainly helped retain players :roll:
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 20th, 2021, 6:15 pm

Quietstorm5 wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 10:22 am
It is official now, Dajuan is leaving.
This one hurts more than the other two transfers which were expected. Perhaps Miguel steps into Gordon’s role but Miguel is not nearly the athlete. I’m not sure what the reason for the Gordon’s transfer is, but I missed pages of posts since my last login. Gordon was going to be a major piece of a winning team the next few years. Now he is back to square one.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 20th, 2021, 8:18 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 8:36 am
7755, Thanks for that list. If you did all of that yourself it is very impressive and a lot of work. And if you didn't, thanks for the work finding it and tweaking it.

Looking at the list it seems that Weber retains most of the players who are capable of playing at this level. Most of those who transferred out are going to lower level schools and still not doing a lot.
For example: Diarra was here 4 years. Redshirt due to injury and played two years.
So Dejuan transferring is a bit of an outlier.

I think we will sign very few juco players in the future. With current transfer rules, they are going to leave after one year unless they are going to be starters.
In Sloan and Rudi's case, I think they transferred because of Pack. Sloan wasn't guaranteed the starting point guard job due to Pack and Rudi couldn't beat Pack out for that job. Both want to be in a spot where playing time is maximized.
I have been keeping a running list of the basketball players that have come, and gone, and where they went since 2002. Much easier to track on then football due to less # of players.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 20th, 2021, 9:53 pm

The whole thing with both Gordon’s is strange. Something must have happened with AG because of the peculiar way his season ended and then the quick news he was transferring?..

Somebody had to get into Dejuans ear. He took the 3rd most shots on the team this year at almost 10 a game. Maybe family or friends were telling him that KSUs offense doesn’t suit him or something. Hard to argue with the performance of KSUs offense, but what school will want Dejuan to be the focal point??? If he was a better shooter, more plays will be designed for him. It’s not like a lot his shots weren’t wide open.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » March 20th, 2021, 10:52 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 8:18 pm
xtrawildcat wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 8:36 am
7755, Thanks for that list. If you did all of that yourself it is very impressive and a lot of work. And if you didn't, thanks for the work finding it and tweaking it.

Looking at the list it seems that Weber retains most of the players who are capable of playing at this level. Most of those who transferred out are going to lower level schools and still not doing a lot.
For example: Diarra was here 4 years. Redshirt due to injury and played two years.
So Dejuan transferring is a bit of an outlier.

I think we will sign very few juco players in the future. With current transfer rules, they are going to leave after one year unless they are going to be starters.
In Sloan and Rudi's case, I think they transferred because of Pack. Sloan wasn't guaranteed the starting point guard job due to Pack and Rudi couldn't beat Pack out for that job. Both want to be in a spot where playing time is maximized.
I have been keeping a running list of the basketball players that have come, and gone, and where they went since 2002. Much easier to track on then football due to less # of players.
Wow, I salute you. Not a poster on this site that provides better info than you.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » March 20th, 2021, 10:55 pm

JOKKO wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 9:53 pm
The whole thing with both Gordon’s is strange. Something must have happened with AG because of the peculiar way his season ended and then the quick news he was transferring?..

Somebody had to get into Dejuans ear. He took the 3rd most shots on the team this year at almost 10 a game. Maybe family or friends were telling him that KSUs offense doesn’t suit him or something. Hard to argue with the performance of KSUs offense, but what school will want Dejuan to be the focal point??? If he was a better shooter, more plays will be designed for him. It’s not like a lot his shots weren’t wide open.
He tweeted something today that made it sound like the rumors of him transferring because he wanted to be more of a focus on offense were not correct.
"If you didn’t hear it from me it’s most likely not true"
To me that means there is clearly another reason he is leaving.
Last edited by gdgjr78 on March 20th, 2021, 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » March 20th, 2021, 10:56 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 3:03 pm
KsJoey wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 9:08 am
Biggest question now is if there is anybody else transferring out, whether Mike is coming back, and if we can get an impact transfer. Sucks to lose DaJuan and guys every year at an excessive rate. There has to be some internal changes made somewhere.
Ah I think the biggest question is how many out of the 2020 class transfer after the 2022 season? Zero doubt in my mind at least 1 transfers and very possibly more (that's assuming everyone in that class is coming back for the 2022 season)
In a class that big, I’m okay with a guy transferring out which was being recruited over. Actually it might be good. Biggest thing is that the guy transferring out isn’t a starter to major contributor. Basically comes down to Seryee, Carlton or Luke needing to get better before next year.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » March 20th, 2021, 11:05 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 10:55 pm
JOKKO wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 9:53 pm

He tweeted something today that made it sound like the rumors of him transferring because he wanted to be more of a focus on offense were not correct.
I believe that. To me, I didn’t like the quote from Bruce regardless because it seems like to me that he is trying to make an excuse to get people on his side. I understand him doing that because the recent narrative doesn’t look good for BW. I might be reading to much into BWs comments, but he does make condescending comments that fly under the radar to a lot of the “blind-eye” supporters.

I do think that DG had people in his ear that were telling him that he needed to move on though. Time will tell if they are correct.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » March 20th, 2021, 11:24 pm

JOKKO wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 11:05 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 10:55 pm

I believe that. To me, I didn’t like the quote from Bruce regardless because it seems like to me that he is trying to make an excuse to get people on his side. I understand him doing that because the recent narrative doesn’t look good for BW. I might be reading to much into BWs comments, but he does make condescending comments that fly under the radar to a lot of the “blind-eye” supporters.

I do think that DG had people in his ear that were telling him that he needed to move on though. Time will tell if they are correct.
Par for the course for Weber. It can never be something he’s done.

Coach314

Post by Coach314 » March 21st, 2021, 2:17 pm

Sloan didn't leave because of Pack. He had made up his mind to leave before Pack received an offer. I mentioned earlier in the season that there were rumblings about Dajuan leaving. It's not about being the focal point of an offense...every player isn't suited for this style offense.