wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: KSU v WV

Post by wild@nite » March 1st, 2021, 12:32 pm

Puffdad wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 12:41 am
wild@nite wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:39 pm

That, and straight line passes into the post make me crazy.
Yeah you can’t make a straight line pass if you’re guarded. You might not be guarded like once in a 1000 possessions if you’re not quick enough to create a passing lane. Head fakes, bounce pass, touch pass over the guy guarding the ball, reading post defense position, etc. have to be practiced and learned.
Not only that, but a straight line pass is exponentially harder to catch and do something with for a post player when they are posting and trying to work their feet. It's just poor fundamentals of the game. Sometimes, I wish I could just watch the game without paying attention to stuff like this because I find it increasingly difficult to watch our teams as they seem so unfundamental on the offensive side of the ball.

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » March 1st, 2021, 12:48 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 11:53 am
rudi has been a disappointment. i've not seen a solid juco here in decades.
Can you elaborate a little more on your thoughts on Rudy? I thought he was doing good and just not getting enough playing time. You and a lot of others on here know a lot more about basketball then I do. I would appreciate your thoughts of what his issues are.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 1st, 2021, 12:58 pm

i thought rudi was recruited as a high-level point guard. bruce's own words now suggest otherwise. i'm sure he's a good youngster and team player. i just thought he'd step in a point and bring a new upgraded level of production from what we saw last year. to my eye, he hasn't done that yet.

“Our main focus with the second part of our signing class was to get an experienced point guard (Williams) to go along with our young players ..." bruce weber
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kid In the Hall » March 1st, 2021, 1:37 pm

We recently offered the PG below from Overland Park. If he signs, it would put us one over the limit (meaning someone on scholarship is leaving in addition to McGuirl).

Unrelated, it continues to amaze that Bruce can't/won't recruit Sunrise Christian in Wichita. They had four top 150 players this year - including two in the top 20 (one is a PG going to Tennessee).

https://247sports.com/Player/Alston-Mason-46113454/

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » March 1st, 2021, 3:47 pm

wild@nite wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 12:32 pm
Puffdad wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 12:41 am

Yeah you can’t make a straight line pass if you’re guarded. You might not be guarded like once in a 1000 possessions if you’re not quick enough to create a passing lane. Head fakes, bounce pass, touch pass over the guy guarding the ball, reading post defense position, etc. have to be practiced and learned.
Not only that, but a straight line pass is exponentially harder to catch and do something with for a post player when they are posting and trying to work their feet. It's just poor fundamentals of the game. Sometimes, I wish I could just watch the game without paying attention to stuff like this because I find it increasingly difficult to watch our teams as they seem so unfundamental on the offensive side of the ball.
Lol, I spend a lot of the game yelling at the TV and rewinding irritating things so I can watch them again and be further irritated. My daughter sometimes asks me why I even bother watching :lol:
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"