Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 1st, 2021, 3:32 pm

"we might make a lot of money, but we also spend a lot of money"

Patrick Ewing

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » March 1st, 2021, 3:49 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 3:27 pm
i don't buy for a minute that the average fan suffered more during this pandemic than the athletic department which lost tens of millions in ticket sales. i believe yours is a complete misstatement of the financial situation here and elsewhere. the average fan on the farm, in finance, retired, or elsewhere did not take anything approaching this kind of financial hit to her/his financial statements.
My point is this - the paltry reduction in salaries by the athletic department was terrible form. Did the athletic department suffer huge reductions in revenue? Yes. Did the athletic department cut salaries like the average Joe or small company when faced with a dire reduction in income? NO! They did the minimal amount to say they felt our pain. Of course, the coaches are under contract so salary reductions couldn’t be forced on them. But I expected better.

I am not misstating the situation btw

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 1st, 2021, 4:59 pm

yes, you are misstating the situation. these are your words. and that is absolute poppycock.

My point (belief) is that our athletic department certainly didn’t feel the pain as much as the average fan that buy tickets.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » March 1st, 2021, 7:00 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 4:59 pm
yes, you are misstating the situation. these are your words. and that is absolute poppycock.

My point (belief) is that our athletic department certainly didn’t feel the pain as much as the average fan that buy tickets.
Let’s see. People trying to feed their families. KState athletics feeding the beast. KState athletics can get low interest loans, beg for (and receive) $ from major donors. Average Joe worried about health insurance.

Our definitions of pain are different.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 2nd, 2021, 8:26 am

Every game we play we are expected to lose.
Not acceptable to me.
One person is responsible for this.
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
wazucat

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 2nd, 2021, 9:48 am

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 7:00 pm
tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 4:59 pm

Let’s see. People trying to feed their families. KState athletics feeding the beast. KState athletics can get low interest loans, beg for (and receive) $ from major donors. Average Joe worried about health insurance.

you seriously post here that the average k-stater, the family feeding "the beast," has had trouble feeding his/her family?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 2nd, 2021, 9:57 am

SCKSCat wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 8:26 am
Every game we play we are expected to lose.
Not acceptable to me.
One person is responsible for this.

Well then, call Mr. Taylor and offer to give him the couple of million it will take to buy out Weber's contract. That is all it will take if it is unacceptable to you.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 2nd, 2021, 9:15 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 9:48 am
PurpleOnWhite wrote:

you seriously post here that the average k-stater, the family feeding "the beast," has had trouble feeding his/her family?
Some folks have no sense of reality or ability to empathize with ordinary people. It’s too bad the KSU athletic department and its minions are unwilling to do more than symbolic pay cuts that don’t really affect anyone. But would you expect otherwise?
These users thanked the author Hypeman for the post:
PurpleOnWhite

Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kid In the Hall » March 2nd, 2021, 10:49 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 9:48 am
PurpleOnWhite wrote:

Take a lap with that nonsense and get a grip on reality - loads of people of all stratospheres have suffered greatly during this ordeal. If you don't personally know anyone, good for you. But stupid generalizations are just that - stupid.
These users thanked the author Kid In the Hall for the post:
Hypeman

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 3rd, 2021, 9:04 am

I find that when brown-nosers ram it so far up, they lose some of their senses.