ISU game postponed

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KsJoey

ISU game postponed

Post by KsJoey » January 11th, 2021, 8:13 pm

#KStateMBB's game vs Iowa State set for Wednesday, Jan. 13 has been postponed due to COVID-19 protocols.

K-State will work with the Big 12 Conference and Iowa State to reschedule the game.

📄 https://k-st.at/2LCJgjU

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » January 11th, 2021, 8:17 pm

Thought this might happen with only 6 scholarship players available Sat.
These users thanked the author gdgjr78 for the post:
KsJoey
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » January 11th, 2021, 8:23 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 8:17 pm
Thought this might happen with only 6 scholarship players available Sat.
Games like that should be postponed imo. Having only 6 scholarship players available, sets the team up to lose. Its a huge disadvantage and it showed esp as the game went on.
These users thanked the author KsJoey for the post:
stlcatfan

featurethefullback

Post by featurethefullback » January 12th, 2021, 9:58 am

why does K-State seem to have a greater problem with Covid than others? This was also the case in football.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » January 12th, 2021, 10:20 am

featurethefullback wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 9:58 am
why does K-State seem to have a greater problem with Covid than others? This was also the case in football.
This gets me too...Northwestern's football team did not have a single positive during the year. That's a whole football team.

ISU's football team had very few Covid cases too. The discipline explains both of those teams having such good seasons.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » January 12th, 2021, 10:46 am

Sometimes the only luck you have is bad luck. ;)

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » January 12th, 2021, 10:48 am

1, K State has so many players out with injuries, only a few Covid isolations create a problem. OSU had two players out with Covid when we played them but had had little to no impact on them.
2. Baylor and West Virginia game is cancelled tonight. Baylor has already been shut down early in the season. Had to cancel the Gonzaga game.

3. Weber allowed all the players to go home at Christmas and the may be a contributor in my opinion. Still the right decision but was a risk due to Covid.

IMO, this is a good thing for Kansas State. If we miss a couple of games now, when we come back we might have Kabsuke, AG and Kaosi ready to play.
I want to see what this team looks like with closer to a full roster after they get a couple of games to get some rust out. This circumstance gives me a better chance of seeing this happen before the season is over.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post:
tmcats

featurethefullback

Post by featurethefullback » January 12th, 2021, 11:00 am

My thought is that the students are home. That crutch is gone. I think that this shows lack of discipline in Football and Basketball. Whether the delay is good or bad really doesn't matter. We aren't going anywhere anyway. I just wonder why we can't control this problem. Is it the training table? Was it Christmas (noting that football does not have that excuse)? I don't chalk this up to bad luck.

Ozarkcat

Post by Ozarkcat » January 12th, 2021, 11:01 am

I posted this on the football forum last month (the origins of this statement don't come from me, but from a few others much more "in the know" than I am).......K-State is one of the few schools following the contact tracing protocol "to the letter", while others seem to skirt the issue. No one will ever convince me that Iowa State's football team truly had no covid issues (as Campbell stated) before the Cats played them. I would expect the same in basketball.

WVU had one positive case and their game gets postponed, yet KSU has to play (OSU) with only six scholarship players???

ChemEngCat
Has thanked: 0

Post by ChemEngCat » January 12th, 2021, 6:23 pm

I wouldn't say that K-State has a greater problem with COVID than others. I always thought that we went ahead an played games when we were very short handed when others canceled or postponed games. We didn't cancel in football but KU, OU, Baylor, Texas, WV, TCU all did (maybe others). Didn't Baylor cancel a number of their non-conference basketball games as well? I think lots of programs have struggled but I think we chose to play very short handed where others didn't. May be way off base here.