Sounds like Murphy is having knee surgery again

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Sounds like Murphy is having knee surgery again

Post by gdgjr78 » January 8th, 2021, 12:24 am

His season is more than likely over with the decision to have surgery on the same knee as last year. Makes me wonder if the knee will ever be right
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » January 8th, 2021, 10:17 am

gdgjr78 wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 12:24 am
His season is more than likely over with the decision to have surgery on the same knee as last year. Makes me wonder if the knee will ever be right
I kind of feel that if surgery is going to fix what ails any of these players, let's do it now so they can be completely rehabbed by the start of next season. It will suck to watch the team struggle, but really...what is the difference to what we are seeing now?

Get everyone healthy so that they can work out together in the summer.

Nobody loses any eligibility anyways.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » January 8th, 2021, 10:31 am

Tough Break for Monty. Another year, another injury. That's the kind of thing that puts you behind the competition.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 8th, 2021, 11:49 am

JOKKO wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 10:17 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
I kind of feel that if surgery is going to fix what ails any of these players, let's do it now so they can be completely rehabbed by the start of next season. It will suck to watch the team struggle, but really...what is the difference to what we are seeing now?

i don't get the "what we are seeing now" shade? this team is improving, both individually and as a unit. they had coach beard at wit's end. myself, i'm thoroughly enjoying it.

some fans are so wins-focused rather than process-oriented that they miss the ride totally, always in search of the destination. and that's really unfortunate to my way of thinking, particularly given what we just witnessed with barry, dean, and kam.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 3):
PurpleWildcatlearninSection 12-2
Why is there something rather than nothing?

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » January 8th, 2021, 12:57 pm

You are barking up the wrong tree. I was truly excited about seeing this team when the year began. I did not have unrealistic expectations for them like most. I do think they can be truly special in year 3 if they stay together, but they have been a disappointment to me this year.

I definitely see the potential in the pieces though. The TT game was a much better effort, & I can get over the abysmal Hays game...stuff happens (Baylor is just scary good so I moved on before the game), but it is the UNLV game, the Milwaukee game, UMKC, Omaha...teams that have no business being within 15 points of KSU and yet the Cats were lucky to win them.

If it were just one lackluster performance, fine, but it is not.

I hope they can build off the decent to good performance at TT and they do have a winnable game Saturday, but at what point does losing to teams with that are relatively close in talent become unacceptable?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 8th, 2021, 2:16 pm

i'd have a hard time defining 'relatively close in talent' because that assumes nothing about experience, which everyone knows, particularly this covid year, is critical to success. baylor's talent today got swept by k-state's talent a couple of years ago.

when is it unacceptable: when one sees the team has quit. that's unacceptable.
Last edited by tmcats on January 8th, 2021, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » January 8th, 2021, 2:17 pm

Why are there so many injuries year after year?
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
learnin

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 8th, 2021, 2:18 pm

one has to wonder about that. but we don't see it quite so clearly when others have similar issues. i suppose that's part of the answer. baylor's tristen clark comes to mind. all-conference junior who retired from the game due to knee issues. texas guard andrew jones out a year fighting cancer.

https://www.scacchoops.com/injuries.asp ... nce=Big+12

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » January 8th, 2021, 3:00 pm

JOKKO wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 10:17 am
gdgjr78 wrote:

I agree if he's in too much pain to play go ahead and have the surgery. My concern is it becomes a chronic issue at this point as it appears they've already tried to fix it once. Only thing to do is have the surgery and pray this time the problem gets fixed I guess.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » January 8th, 2021, 8:22 pm

Greg Oden. Soooo many of these kids have tons of miles on them by the time they get to college I'm amazed that this type of thing doesn't happen more often than it does. 24/7/365 basketball for these guys. From the time they are 12 years old.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.